Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_Dracarys

f'd over by MM

9 comments in this topic

[TNG]
Members
813 posts
6,173 battles

hey WG, if you are going to introduce highly situational ships like Asashio into the game, probably shouldnt put the only two Asashios in the game on the same team.

I was just in a game where we got 2 asashios, and the other team got versatile DDs like Kidd and Hsiengyang...what's worse is that it's a 3 BB game. you might as well do a 10v12.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,745 posts
7,373 battles

I've seen multiple double and triple Asashio divs still DD away. The MM didn't eff you over, the players, of which you were one, on your team did.

• Cool 1

[TNG]
Members
813 posts
6,173 battles
44 minutes ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

I've seen multiple double and triple Asashio divs still DD away. The MM didn't eff you over, the players, of which you were one, on your team did.

you do realize the premise of your argument is based on division right? any chance you realized that my situation may not have involved division'd asashiO? go back to elementary school to learn logic and reasoning please.

• Bad 2

[PVE]
Members
8,982 posts
7,315 battles
51 minutes ago, _Dracarys said:

hey WG, if you are going to introduce highly situational ships like Asashio into the game, probably shouldnt put the only two Asashios in the game on the same team.

I was just in a game where we got 2 asashios, and the other team got versatile DDs like Kidd and Hsiengyang...what's worse is that it's a 3 BB game. you might as well do a 10v12.

Maybe MM thinks that you are so good* that you could still carry the game. :Smile_honoring:

*No, I don't really think that MM considers skill or even ship names when putting the matches together. MM looks at tier and ship type (CV, BB, CL/CA, DD). _Dracarys_ just got :etc_swear: by RNG.

• Cool 1

[-TDF-]
Beta Testers
227 posts
3,096 battles

Irrelevant. They can still spot and carry DD duties. MM assembles what it has in the queue.

• Cool 1

Members
2,223 posts
14,034 battles

I was in a battle where we had an Asashio on my team and there were no BBs in the battle...lol. He still went out and capped, spotted and did what damage he could shooting from smoke.

[TNG]
Members
813 posts
6,173 battles
12 minutes ago, Stand_Alone97 said:

Irrelevant. They can still spot and carry DD duties. MM assembles what it has in the queue.

the other DDs can still do those things while dealing damage. of course it's relevant. it's like saying i go to a fight with a knife while the other guy has a gun. i can still stab him, but is it really the best chance for me?

• Cool 1

[WOLF6]
Members
174 posts
2,056 battles
1 hour ago, _Dracarys said:

According to the wiki, MM is supposed to take that into account:

"As of patch 0.5.9.0, matchmaker will once again attempt to uniformly distribute ships of different nations between the teams. (Example: If two Soviet Gnevny destroyers and two Japanese Minekaze destroyers are present, the matchmaker will attempt to put one destroyer of each nation on each team.) "

It doesn't seem to always work, though; I've seen MM hose a team with all IJN or all russian destroyers, while the other team has a more useful mix.

At least DD numbers and tiers usually mirror now.

Sign in to follow this