You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ddoubletapp1

A Salute To The Pre-Nerf Hindenburg - 259K DMG.

12 comments in this topic

[WOLF2]
Members
760 posts
7,021 battles

I believe the base that has a Hindy in their port, would likely agree that her DPM is borderline OP - especially so given her survivability. 

DM likely has a higher DPM potential - but she is far more fragile, and requiring careful positioning to survive into the late stages of a match (although that same positioning often limits her available targets) - whereas Hindy doesn't care, she'll jink around in the open - dodging the potential, and often bouncing the shells that make contact.

Case in point - in this match Hindy takes on a GK, a Conq, and a couple of DMs - and brings the hurt to each of them - racking up 259K in damage, and arguably carrying the match strictly through her raw DPM.

If you have a special module for spotter plane kicking around your inventory, and have been looking for a place to use it - the Hindenburg is a very strong candidate.

IMHO - the up-coming nerf isn't going to hurt Hindy very much - she will still be the T10 cruiser with the strongest carry potential in the game.

Enjoy the match.

• Cool 1

[YAN]
Members
1,636 posts
7,464 battles

Honestly what makes Hindi so strong right now is the 1/4 HE pen and its extremely reliable damage, and removing that would fix all issues.

But between putting Hindi back in her old spot and other issues it would cause its kind of hard to remove it now. I don't think 1 second reload is going to change much though.

• Cool 1

Members
448 posts
7,474 battles

Hindenburg is probably the most well-rounded and versatile ship in the game IMO - it can brawl, snipe, kite, DPM, contest caps, hunt DDs, support, and provide good AA - and can fit a lot of playstyles and specs depending on the user.

A well-played Hindenburg also fears no ship in the game, even tier X BBs are food for the Hindy if you can engage them on your own terms.

Selfishly I hate to see it nerfed - but it is probably warranted.

Edited by Dr_Powderfinger
  • Cool 1

[CUTER]
Members
670 posts
18,480 battles
1 hour ago, Akeno017 said:

But between putting Hindi back in her old spot and other issues it would cause its kind of hard to remove it now. I don't think 1 second reload is going to change much though.

I think the competitive scene will be drastically altered by this nerf.  I would guess the Zao will be the new Hinde from here on.

Edited by Kongo_Pride
  • Cool 1

[YAN]
Members
1,636 posts
7,464 battles
17 minutes ago, Kongo_Pride said:

I think the competitive scene will be drastically altered by this nerf.  I would guess the Zoo will be the new Hinde from here on.

Which nerf? My one? I honestly would never expect it to happen, its far too set into Hindenburgs personality that I cant see WG removing it.

I don't think the reload nerf on Hindi does anything, but I don't play CW or even own Hindenburg so I could be entirely missing something.

[WOLF2]
Members
760 posts
7,021 battles
22 hours ago, Kongo_Pride said:

I think the competitive scene will be drastically altered by this nerf.  I would guess the Zao will be the new Hinde from here on.

I don't play competitive - but do you think adding one second to the reload will change Hindy's overall usefulness?

I also don't have Zao, and she looks like a pretty useful ship - but from what I can see, playing against her, she requires somewhat more skill to use effectively.

Did I read somewhere that Zao is getting a torp buff?

[CUTER]
Members
670 posts
18,480 battles
1 minute ago, ddoubletapp1 said:

Did I read somewhere that Zao is getting a torp buff?

Yes, Zao is getting a torp buff to 12km.  So, it will be able to stealth torp by 2km+

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Members
760 posts
7,021 battles
9 minutes ago, Kongo_Pride said:

Yes, Zao is getting a torp buff to 12km.  So, it will be able to stealth torp by 2km+

Wow - now that does sound interesting - its going to be difficult to resist the temptation to play her like a giant Fujin.

I'm so very close to the required XP to purchase her, I believe I'll step that grind up a notch.

• Cool 1

360 posts
194 battles

Very impressive match, well done! I will really need to play with the new reload time to determine if it's going to be as problematic as some have posited.

• Cool 1

[-BSS-]
Members
484 posts
2,923 battles

I wouldn’t mind a 2 second reload nerf to Hindenburg if she got Zao’s physics breaking AP pen values. 

I guess this nerf is somewhat warranted, but it makes me wonder, is this and indirect buff to Moskva, which now reloads faster, has more pen, and a better HE shell overall. 

The HE pen buff should have never been a thing, it should have been a shell weight buff without changing the velocity, or a 25% Krupp buff if WG was not wanting to change the ballistics. 

“Diamond tipped shells”

Alas, this was/is likely warranted. 

Members
1,503 posts
7,911 battles

Hey

Instead of giving a nerf to Hindy and Roon; maybe they should have given slight buff's to the other ships to make them competitive with her.  I feel like we are heading in the direction of "Lets give out participation trophies".   Interesting how you don't see any buff's to the Japanese ships in this game, why is that?

Pete

[WOLF2]
Members
760 posts
7,021 battles
On 6/25/2018 at 11:03 AM, TugboatCommander said:

Very impressive match, well done! I will really need to play with the new reload time to determine if it's going to be as problematic as some have posited.

I've played a number of matches in her since the nerf - reports of her demise have been greatly exaggerated!