Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ddoubletapp1

Z-52 - Top of the board = minus two karma.

10 comments in this topic

[WOLF2]
Members
760 posts
7,021 battles

A pretty fun match in the Z-52 - using all her tools (good fire chance, great AP, awesome  hydro, and quick torp reload) to good advantage - getting close-quarters with a Gearing, a Bismarck and a Roon, all at the same time - and surviving.

I'm not sure where the reports came from - perhaps it was my bossy-brusqueness in chat, or the willingness to sacrifice the CV for caps when he'd outlived his usefulness, or an opponent frustrated with the 52's ability to stream torpedoes and do cruiser level damage with her AP.

Whichever- sometimes the ends really do justify the means - ha ha! 

Enjoy the match.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Supertester
18,975 posts
12,488 battles

Karma matters? I mean, enough to notice?

[TOG]
Members
2,396 posts
14,655 battles

I haven't seen any rewards for good karma yet.

• Bad 1

[WOLF2]
Members
760 posts
7,021 battles
18 minutes ago, Lert said:

Karma matters? I mean, enough to notice?

Does it matter?

No - not at all.  I do like the periodic FTW camo rewards - but beyond that, it doesn't make any difference.

Do I notice?

Yes - yes I do.  My specific combination of personality traits has me notice additions and subtractions to this number in the post battle reports.  I don't question it - it is what it is - just another barometric stat to keep an eye on. 

Checking my total is part of my post session routine (sell any modules I've researched past in inventory, sell any type 1 or 2 camos I acquired from containers, check collection status, check XP requirements for the next ship I'm grinding to, check karma total).

I'm totally a creature of habit - and I do take notice.

[WOLF2]
Members
760 posts
7,021 battles
3 minutes ago, Bill_Halsey said:

I haven't seen any rewards for good karma yet.

Just the occasional FTW camo hand-out - though I'm pretty sure you would need to have negative karma not to receive them!

[HINON]
Supertester
18,975 posts
12,488 battles
5 minutes ago, ddoubletapp1 said:

I'm totally a creature of habit - and I do take notice.

That's fine, as long as you realize / understand. :)

• Cool 1

[SYN]
Members
511 posts
5,971 battles
22 hours ago, ddoubletapp1 said:

I'm not sure where the reports came from -

I get those sometimes. Usually when I get an undeserved negative report, it is mid-tiers. Sometimes it seems that some players don't realize that spotting damage is even a thing.  Nor do they think that I need to live while my torps reload to make another attack. At least karma does nothing, so I will play my style. 

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Members
760 posts
7,021 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Pulver_2016 said:

I get those sometimes. Usually when I get an undeserved negative report, it is mid-tiers. Sometimes it seems that some players don't realize that spotting damage is even a thing.  Nor do they think that I need to live while my torps reload to make another attack. At least karma does nothing, so I will play my style. 

And thats all you can do.

While I keep an eye on my karma numbers - it in no way impacts how I play.

I will still make strongly worded suggestions when I see someone has lost situational awareness, and is not keeping their eye on the prize.  I will still deride a high tier player or team that blows what should have been a win, with very poor play.

I think there are a lot of players out there that have played very little (or not at all) in DDs, that perhaps have an idea of how they should be played, with no eye to the realities of them.

I had a match yesterday in Groz - only did 19,000 dmg - but took two caps, and did 192K in spotting damage.  You guessed it - lost a point - ha ha!

[-TNT-]
Members
99 posts
10,174 battles

I think Z52 is worse 10 DD...Gearing F es me up even when i ambush the gun fight z52 can't take dam .

[WOLF2]
Members
760 posts
7,021 battles
5 hours ago, War182 said:

I think Z52 is worse 10 DD...Gearing F es me up even when i ambush the gun fight z52 can't take dam .

I find it to be a challenging boat to play, as well - I'm certainly not lighting the world on fire with my stats in her - ha ha!

But for all that - I really enjoy playing her - she can be such a powerhouse under the right circumstances.

I recently re'spec'ed the Commander and added RDF, and have found that it works pretty well.

Sign in to follow this