You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Yoshiblue

Bastion Revamp

The Bastion Revamp!  

7 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

• Sounds cool.
    • Sounds horrible and I hate it.
    • (Bacon) Cotton Chicken Candy Nuggets
    • Campbeltown makes a cameo appearance. Hotel Yamato is there too.

5 comments in this topic

Members
2,408 posts
2,205 battles

So a not so original idea popped into my dreams last night and here's what I saw. 

• Plays kinda like domination but has a large island behind each spawn. 
  • Said island has big guns and a health bar. Alternatively the bases could launch bombers instead of having guns. 
  •  Instead of capping for points, you sit in the cap zones for resources and sail back to the islands. If DD captains feel cocky, they can sail into the A or D caps (or whichever caps are closest to the enemy spawn) for extra resource gains and act as blockade runners in a way. Sitting in the closest ally cap has the slowest resource gain. Only three people max can farm a spot at one time. 
  •  After a requirement is met the island's guns will open fire and damage the enemy island. Only the island guns can damage each other. Players can spend their time shooting at the islands but not even battleships will be able to dent it.  At best maybe knock out island secondaries. 
  • Respawning is optional. 

Could rename it to Regicide too, or which ever other name people think is better. If we want to go more extreme, CVs can issue limited watch towers and barriers across the map.

Edited by Yoshiblue

[YAN]
Members
1,637 posts
7,464 battles

Nah.

I still don't think bastion would work in the random settings, not to mention bastion is more a nightmare for most players, not so much a dream.

Members
2,156 posts
4,848 battles

sounds way too complicated for the vast majority of the random battle populace. too many of them can't even focus on capping a single objective, much less what you're suggesting. they'd just sail at each other and pew pew instead.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,038 posts
12,524 battles

Your proposal is so different from the original Bastion that it's probably just easier to think of it as a new mode and not an adaptation.

That said, it has a lot of rules, but not a particularly clear rationale as to why they're there. What kind of game flow are you looking for? How is it different from just sailing and shooting? If anything, I think that having players spend time "running supplies" from the middle back to the friendly base will be really boring, and will push the engagement positions farther toward spawn camping, because there's no reason to push into the enemy's part of the map.

I also don't know what you mean by the caps "closest to the enemy spawn", since most Domination setups just have 3 caps across the middle, none of which is "closest". Are you saying every map should get a diamond cap layout? Because then whoever gets stuck running supplies from the close cap to the base will have a *super* boring job.

Members
2,408 posts
2,205 battles

I'm thinking about the maps with A-D caps that are given, rearranged or resized even into a dimond shape pattern. The idea is to give everyone something to do while also giving people a reason not to have to rush one spot (Because the cap will only fund so many people at once). Ideally there will also be no contesting, so everyone is being funded regardless of color or side. What matters is that you get those funds to your base. Mainly this is done with T-10 gameplay in mind.

In my head for example a Yamato or any sniping BB can sit in a cap closest to spawn or the island. Even if they don't hit anything across the map or do damage they can still contribute by fueling the objective. Which is the alternative way to win the game. Meanwhile DDs and cruisers on the front lines can do what they normally do and have a reason to kite away when they need to return. It gives people a reason to keep moving.  It also gives BBs who want to get closer some breathing room because ideally the DDs will be moving back and forth away from them to fund their island. Or in maybe a Russian DD's case will be rotating between objectives to make use of their speed while still collecting points. Assuming they're up front or a radar ship isn't waiting for them. 

Since I can't really test any of this I can't tell you if it will be fun or lead to fast games. Or if anything will go how I imagine it would.