Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
landedkiller

why is steel not earnable in tier 10 randoms?

Limited currencies  

164 members have voted

  1. 1. Do you want one currency available for all players not locked to ranked and clan battles?

    • yes
      112
    • no
      48
    • other
      4
  2. 2. Do you think coal and steel should to be delayed until a better idea is put forward?

    • yes
      58
    • no
      94
    • other
      12
  3. 3. how do you feel about wargaming introducing these currencies in their current form?

    • don't like it at all
      40
    • meh
      87
    • love it
      37
  4. 4. should steel be earnable for tier 10 random battles like reputation is for World of Tanks?

    • yes
      107
    • no
      46
    • other
      11

70 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Beta Testers
1,301 posts
3,585 battles

 

I have pondered this thought for the last day and a half. The world of tanks Reputation (limited currency) is earnable in the random tier ten battles why can't steel also be earned in the same way for those that have gotten to tier 10.  I mean a lot of us spend vast amounts of time in this game, so why can't that be recognized.  I think it is a dumb move to keep steel to only ranked and clan battles for the top 1% of players. I can see the storm coming and I think many will quit over this ridiculous idea. There is no need to have two currencies one for the average joe and one for the 1%. I'm sorry I'm stating how it is and this is one dumb move by wargaming. I would like to see coal eliminated and have one currency steel earnable by all players. Putting steel in a random box that rarely appears is not enough to compensate for the time put into this game. Why does anyone want to play around in clan battles when not everyone is a hardcore world of warships players.   Many here have real life obligations and should have a way to get to these exclusive ships. It is the most ridiculous thing I have seen in awhile trying to divide the community by those who play ranked to rank 1  and those who are the top clans. This idea of your's needs refinement and should not go forward as it has no purpose for being in World of Warships. It is just another way to devalue the time that people put into this game. There should be one currency earnable by all, not two one. This one currency should not be locked to ranked and clan battles.

 

 

Remember you were all promised a way to earn Stalingrad and it is going in as Steel only. This Steel is only available in a rare random box(supercontainer) 1,500 outside of Clan and Ranked battles. Whereas, the only way to earn outside of that box is in Clan Battles and Ranked Battles only. 

  • Cool 3
  • Bad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
136
[BBC]
Members
908 posts
12,243 battles

You make some nice points about division in the wows player base. But the only thing steel is used for is the 3 ranked/clan battles ships. Nothing else.

   So if you have not played ranked or clan wars serious enough then this currency has zero effect on you. Your in the exact same position as before, not getting a Flint, or Stalingrad. Your really complaining about a game mode that you don't use. 

    I have black, Flint but don't have any of the parts Stalingrad. I played clan wars more casual.  Thus I don't get a clan wars only reward. This is no different than war gaming giving players who have not played for 6 months free exp and prem ships. It is inticement to play the various modes or get back into the game.

   You get special signal flags every year based on how many tier 10s you own and total games played. So they already have a reward for playing lots of t10.

Edited by Rilak
  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,982
[PVE]
Members
8,921 posts
7,305 battles

1. Do you want one currency available for all players not locked to ranked and clan battles? I voted no as Ranked and Clan Battles have had bonuses for playing that harder battle style. Adding Steel as a battle reward for those modes, just makes it easier for the average player to try those modes.

 

2. Do you think coal and steel should to be delayed until a better idea is put forward? I again voted no as it makes it easier for the average player. You don't have to rank out now, but you can earn some steel towards the reward ships and slowly get there eventually.

 

3. how do you feel about wargaming introducing these currencies in their current form? I voted for this. I like the idea of steel making it a little easier on the average player to eventually get to a reward ship by earning steel. Ranking out is very frustrating and time consuming. About Coal, it is just replacing the personal oil wallet that was teased when oil was introduced. Coal is looking like it will be way more available than steel and it seems to be an in game way to more premiums, which is a good thing.

 

4. should steel be earnable for tier 10 random battles like reputaion is for World of Tanks? I vote no for this. I think you should have to at least play a little of clan battles and or ranked if that is added, to get steel. From what has been said by the devs about steel, you don't have to rank out or get Typhon CB level to get steel. PvE is a casual clan, but some of us have played some clan battles for the dragon flags. I'm sure some of us will play some for steel as well. Steel is also available as a reward in a supercontainer as well.

 

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,038
[PVE]
Members
5,338 posts
17,834 battles

I am gonna bet that steel will be made available as prizes somehow. What they want to do is whet the player's appetite for it so give it out in dribs and drabs then monetize it somehow like coal for steel using doubloons or adding it to ship bundles to entice purchases. Would explain why they dumped the doubloons for duplicate ships. Personally I don't care what they do with it. I do think coal was totally unnecessary. They should have just expanded the Free XP program and let it alone. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
448
[-AA-]
Members
1,729 posts
6,657 battles

Is with WoT tier 8910 battles or T10 battles only, like our tier 1.
Otherwise I could just play during low population times and farm steel in my tier Xs.



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,472
[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,040 posts
12,535 battles

The wording on the first question is weird.

1. Do you want one currency available for all players not locked to ranked and clan battles?

There is already "one currency available for all players", it's coal. You seem to mean "only one", which is a very different question than the one as-written.

Edited by Edgecase

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,201
[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,340 posts
9,433 battles

Currency...  yawwwwwwnnnn...   

Burned out I will be.

How about more scenarios that use the awesome firepower of the Atlanta.

Nerf Narai payouts and let's just play it (or something like it) for fun.

BETTER SCENARIO:

St. Nazaire Raid -- alternate history

Escort Campbeltown into the harbor..  Take out the fortress positions

Battle the Tirpitz, Scharnhorst, Gneisenau, Hipper, PE, Graf Spee..  various DDs outside the harbor.

Waves and waves of Luftwaffe....

Waves and waves of Schnellboots.

How's that?

Edited by AVR_Project
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,681
[TBW]
Members
6,351 posts
11,894 battles

222 ships and 70 some odd Premiums in port. My goal is to have all of the ships possible. Steel makes this somewhat possible, but how long will it take. I am in a clan with friends, the only way I could get the Stalingrad would be to quit my clan and betray my friends. They probably would understand, however that is something I won't do. I could have done the grind to get the Flint and the Black. I gave it a try for a few Ranked seasons. The Yo Yo effect and for no apparent reason for a win or a loss is ridiculous. If you are ranking luck, then ranked is exactly as it should be. If it is ranking skill it has missed the mark by a long shot. This is a great game. I find myself playing less and less. It is the incessant grind for every aspect of the game that is contributing to my boredom. The ships that are locked behind game modes that I either can't understand (Ranked luck mode) or don't play, due to loyalty to my friends and erratic play times amongst other reasons. The absolutely ridiculous amount of credits necessary to actually own all tech tree ships, kind of sucks. I have 12 lines that I am currently grinding to tier 10, one tier 6 and the rest tiers 8 and 9, That's a massive amount of credits. I get the most credits from Operations, but then of course WG made most of them not economical to do anymore.

I don't regret spending money on the game, I am pretty sure that I am over 3 grand since I started playing (mostly on Premium ships and bundles). I do regret that no matter how much I spend I won't be able to own every ship available in the game. Steel and coal sounded like the way. it doesn't seem so anymore though.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,861
[O7]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
10,669 posts
7,570 battles

Wg already said that they would make the Stalingrad available in another way for people who didn’t want to participate in clan battles. That said many of us had real life obligations and still managed to fulfill the requirements to get the Stalingrad and any change made giving alternative methods of earning the ship needs to account for the time and effort people spend to earn it.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
198 posts
5,561 battles

Steel and Coal should be awarded to everyone who plays....  As currently (or upcoming) certain ships will only be purchasable thru steel. I and others are not in clans and deserve this opportunity as well....

Wargaming prides itself on "Balance", well only awarding Coal and/ or steel to clan members is not a balanced approach at all. Wargaming, please make changes so everyone has the opportunity to receive in game commodities ...

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,982
[PVE]
Members
8,921 posts
7,305 battles
2 minutes ago, Ben_CA68 said:

Steel and Coal should be awarded to everyone who plays....  As currently (or upcoming) certain ships will only be purchasable thru steel. I and others are not in clans and deserve this opportunity as well....

Wargaming prides itself on "Balance", well only awarding Coal and/ or steel to clan members is not a balanced approach at all. Wargaming, please make changes so everyone has the opportunity to receive in game commodities ...

 

Coal is available to everyone regardless of being in a clan. 

Spoiler

Coal can be earned through different Combat Missions and found in daily containers. Coal will drop from daily containers with a specific chance and will replace the contents of one of the three slots. Alternatively, it can drop from the Try Your Luck containers. The More Credits, More Signals and Camouflages, and More Consumables containers can bring you 300 Coal. The Try Your Luck container—700 Coal. Supercontainers can reward you with 15,000 Coal. Follow the news to learn how you can earn Coal in July.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/introducing-arsenal/

 

Steel is available in super containers, so you don't have to be in a clan. Steel will start of being available in Clan Battles, but there are plans for other modes.

Spoiler

At the moment, Steel will be given for completing Combat Missions in Clan Battles; in future, you'll be able to earn it in other battle types. In addition, 1,500 Steel can be obtained from Supercontainers.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/introducing-arsenal/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
1,944 posts

Remember last year's WoWS anniversary when players were rewarded with a supercontainer for each T10 ship they owned? Maybe this year the reward will be coal or steel or both? Only time will tell.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,982
[PVE]
Members
8,921 posts
7,305 battles
8 minutes ago, Wolcott said:

Remember last year's WoWS anniversary when players were rewarded with a supercontainer for each T10 ship they owned? Maybe this year the reward will be coal or steel or both? Only time will tell.

I finally got my first T10 this year, so I hope any coal or steel is in addition to the super container. :Smile_medal:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,305
[HINON]
Members
8,854 posts
19 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

 

  Hide contents

At the moment, Steel will be given for completing Combat Missions in Clan Battles; in future, you'll be able to earn it in other battle types. In addition, 1,500 Steel can be obtained from Supercontainers.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/introducing-arsenal/

 

This ^ 

So many players getting worked up when wg has already stated it will be available in other modes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,982
[PVE]
Members
8,921 posts
7,305 battles
1 minute ago, RipNuN2 said:

This ^ 

So many players getting worked up when wg has already stated it will be available in other modes. 

Oh yeah.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,109
[WOLF3]
Members
6,019 posts
2,203 battles

I voted like Kizavexis (except more meh) for pretty much the same reasons. 

Esp. No Tier X Steel.

 

Also, Bacon.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,982
[PVE]
Members
8,921 posts
7,305 battles
1 minute ago, iDuckman said:

I voted like Kizavexis (except more meh) for pretty much the same reasons. 

Esp. No Tier X Steel.

 

Also, Bacon.

 

:Smile_honoring:

I thought is was a crime to not have bacon as an option in a poll. :Smile_teethhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
305
[TF_34]
[TF_34]
Beta Testers
1,027 posts
3,845 battles
2 hours ago, landedkiller said:

 

I have pondered this thought for the last day and a half. The world of tanks Reputation (limited currency) is earnable in the random tier ten battles why can't steel also be earned in the same way for those that have gotten to tier 10.  I mean a lot of us spend vast amounts of time in this game, so why can't that be recognized.  I think it is a dumb move to keep steel to only ranked and clan battles for the top 1% of players. I can see the storm coming and I think many will quit over this ridiculous idea. There is no need to have two currencies one for the average joe and one for the 1%. I'm sorry I'm stating how it is and this is one dumb move by wargaming. I would like to see coal eliminated and have one currency steel earnable by all players. Putting steel in a random box that rarely appears is not enough to compensate for the time put into this game. Why does anyone want to play around in clan battles when not everyone is a hardcore world of warships players.   Many here have real life obligations and should have a way to get to these exclusive ships. It is the most ridiculous thing I have seen in awhile trying to divide the community by those who play ranked to rank 1  and those who are the top clans. This idea of your's needs refinement and should not go forward as it has no purpose for being in World of Warships. It is just another way to devalue the time that people put into this game. There should be one currency earnable by all, not two one. This one currency should not be locked to ranked and clan battles.

Well...you are really bent on this, aren't you?

I have to say Bravo Zulu..well done. I don't think I've ever seen as biased a poll as the one you tossed up. Impressive.

" I think it is a dumb move..." About that. I'm not sure WG really cares about your opinion on the matter...and I think maybe they have spent more than a day and a half pondering the direction of their game. Now, you could always make your own game and avoid this terrible mistake you feel they are making. Conversely, as more than a few have pointed out, you could just let it go as the new currencies are moot since you don't play ranked or clan. Another alternative would be to try ranked and clan, and slowly grind your way towards those shinies the same way a large percentage of the player base will. Or you can continue to believe that you should be entitled to reward ships for putting out exactly zero effort. All on you bro.

I seriously doubt there will be the mass defection you so cheerfully predict. Whats more likely to happen is ...people will continue to do what they do--log on, pick a boat, click battle and blow stuff up...in any number of battles and battle modes.

 

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
428
[WAIFU]
Beta Testers
1,948 posts
3,551 battles

having been through 2CW campaigns in WOT, i have no appetite for slogging just to get a ship. its awful. I wouldn't recommend that to anyone, its not worth it...

i wanted to see stalingrad, but not like this. they say steel will be handed out in SC, but im betting in such small amounts that it wont actually amount to anything, meaning that what it will really do is waste a SC, that already has a poor chance of giving something to get excited about.

steel is currently my grinding point with the arsenal. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,982
[PVE]
Members
8,921 posts
7,305 battles
2 minutes ago, Hanger_18 said:

having been through 2CW campaigns in WOT, i have no appetite for slogging just to get a ship. its awful.

i wanted to see stalingrad, but not like this. they say steel will be handed out in SC, but im betting in such small amounts that it wont actually amount to anything, meaning that what it will really do is waste a SC, that already has a poor chance of giving something to get excited about.

steel is currently my grinding point with the arsenal. 

 

Quote

At the moment, Steel will be given for completing Combat Missions in Clan Battles; in future, you'll be able to earn it in other battle types. In addition, 1,500 Steel can be obtained from Supercontainers.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/introducing-arsenal/

I'm betting Combat Missions in Ranked will be another way to earn steel. It appears that you don't have to get to Typhoon in Clan Battles as it says Combat Missions in Clan Battles. This will, most likely, bring out the more casual clans to Clan Battles to get some steel in Combat Missions in Clan Battles. I know some of PvE clan is interested in play some more Clan Battles if steel is not too far into CB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
428
[WAIFU]
Beta Testers
1,948 posts
3,551 battles
12 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

 

I'm betting Combat Missions in Ranked will be another way to earn steel. It appears that you don't have to get to Typhoon in Clan Battles as it says Combat Missions in Clan Battles. This will, most likely, bring out the more casual clans to Clan Battles to get some steel in Combat Missions in Clan Battles. I know some of PvE clan is interested in play some more Clan Battles if steel is not too far into CB.

im willing to bet the reward is lower. it may be earnable, but i seriously doubt WG would hand it out in any meaningful amount

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,982
[PVE]
Members
8,921 posts
7,305 battles
6 minutes ago, Hanger_18 said:

im willing to bet the reward is lower. it may be earnable, but i seriously doubt WG would hand it out in any meaningful amount

Considering they are offering 1,500 steel in a super container, I think that the combat missions will be 500 or less, probably. But that is my guess. We don't know what the amounts will be until the next CB season. Or when WG decides to put out another article with more details.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
296
[BROOK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,998 posts

There is no reason not to have a "warbond" like set-up in WoWS like WoT has when you do well in an all Tier 10 battle. Even in the best case performance, you're not making more then 30-40 Warbonds/Steel for each round. (With the usual being around 10-15 steel on a good performance victory.) Let us remember that items you can purchase with Steel cost 3x to 4x times the most expensive Warbond equipment in WoT. Going with Flint, which is the cheapest so far at 11,500 Steel, would take 288 awe inspiring victories to achieve, while the more practical result would take 767 victories in all tier 10 battles. Going by an average of 12 minute rounds, that requires almost 154 hours of gameplay if somehow you went on a 767 game winning streak while the MM giving you all tier X battles each time.

It in no way threatens the economy of these ships in circulation while at the same time not leaving randos out in the cold.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,982
[PVE]
Members
8,921 posts
7,305 battles
1 minute ago, TornadoADV said:

There is no reason not to have a "warbond" like set-up in WoWS like WoT has when you do well in an all Tier 10 battle. Even in the best case performance, you're not making more then 30-40 Warbonds/Steel for each round. (With the usual being around 10-15 steel on a good performance victory.) Let us remember that items you can purchase with Steel cost 3x to 4x times the most expensive Warbond equipment in WoT. Going with Flint, which is the cheapest so far at 11,500 Steel, would take 288 awe inspiring victories to achieve, while the more practical result would take 767 victories in all tier 10 battles. Going by an average of 12 minute rounds, that requires almost 154 hours of gameplay if somehow you went on a 767 game winning streak while the MM giving you all tier X battles each time.

It in no way threatens the economy of these ships in circulation while at the same time not leaving randos out in the cold.

Since, WG has said it will be earnable in other battle types, there could be Combat Missions in PvP for steel. I really doubt they will have steel Combat Missions be co-op capable, but it would only be fair to the co-op players that spend money on the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
428
[WAIFU]
Beta Testers
1,948 posts
3,551 battles
6 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Considering they are offering 1,500 steel in a super container, I think that the combat missions will be 500 or less, probably. But that is my guess. We don't know what the amounts will be until the next CB season. Or when WG decides to put out another article with more details.

stalingrad was 28,000 iirc steel so its exactly what i thought. yes technically someone could get it in other ways outside CB and ranked, but no its not actually a viable option.

unless they decide on missions for steel, but again im expecting more of the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×