You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
megadeux

Credit earning in high tier CVs

7 comments in this topic

[RKN]
Members
1,634 posts
3,350 battles

I've been playing my Taiho a lot lately, (I always play Taiho a lot) and I've noticed that she is netting me a substantial sum of money. (on the order of 100-140k a game in profits, this is without Zulu, but with premium camo) 

I've noticed that credit earning seems not as much dependant upon damage dealt, although it does have a large effect, as it seems to be plane kills and spotting ribbons. (Which to me seems wrong, since those have a very low amount of gains associated with them.) For example, on a game that would have normally netted me a large loss, I got an abnormally large number of spotting and plane kill ribbons, and I did turn up a good profit. (about 60k)

Has anyone else noticed the same thing, or am I just crazy?

Edited by megadeux
Clarification and removal of misleading elements

[SF-3]
Members
1,442 posts
7,895 battles

uh what, I net 1mil plus on my MO and can easily get 300k+ on Hiden, etc.. (premium account only). CV eco is garbage, in good games you should earn way more than you currently do.

[RKN]
Members
1,634 posts
3,350 battles
29 minutes ago, Kevs02Accord said:

uh what, I net 1mil plus on my MO and can easily get 300k+ on Hiden, etc.. (premium account only). CV eco is garbage, in good games you should earn way more than you currently do.

This is with standard, and only one economic flag.

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,291 battles
1 hour ago, megadeux said:

I've been playing my Taiho a lot lately, (I always play Taiho a lot) and I've noticed that she is netting me a substantial sum of money. (on the order of 100-140k a game, this is without Zulu, but with premium camo) This, of course, strikes me as patently ridiculous for a high tier CV that is not premium. 

I've noticed that credit earning seems not as much dependant upon damage dealt, although it does have a large effect, as it seems to be plane kills and spotting ribbons. (Which to me seems wrong, since those have a very low amount of gains associated with them.) For example, on a game that would have normally netted me a large loss, I got an abnormally large number of spotting and plane kill ribbons, and I did turn up a good profit. (about 60k)

Has anyone else noticed the same thing, or am I just crazy?

mega, I'm not quite sure if you're complaining that your 100-140k/game income is too high or not high enough.  I think you're saying that you think it's too high, but it's not entirely clear.

Honestly though, I think that what your real point is in the second paragraph, i.e. the credit earning differences between doing damage vs plane kills and spotting ribbons.

I should say that I think that this is probably the core of what people (the devs, in particular) see as the carrier's true role in battles, i.e. damage dealer vs. defender and scout.  If your observation is correct, it would seem that the devs have decided that the role of defender and scout is more important than damage dealer.

EDIT:  I think that you shouldn't overlook or understate the fact that you're using perma-camo, since perma-camo has a very large impact on earnings, particularly at tier 10.  Not so sure about tier 9, only because I don't own any tier 9 perma-camos.

Edited by Crucis

[RKN]
Members
1,634 posts
3,350 battles
2 minutes ago, Crucis said:

mega, I'm not quite sure if you're complaining that your 100-140k/game income is too high or not high enough.  I think you're saying that you think it's too high, but it's not entirely clear.

Honestly though, I think that what your real point is in the second paragraph, i.e. the credit earning differences between doing damage vs plane kills and spotting ribbons.

I should say that I think that this is probably the core of what people (the devs, in particular) see as the carrier's true role in battles, i.e. damage dealer vs. defender and scout.  If your observation is correct, it would seem that the devs have decided that the role of defender and scout is more important than damage dealer.

The focus was on the effects of the ribbons, not the high earnings in particular. (I'm just happy that I can earn money for the zao) It looks like the last part of my first paragraph was misleading. I put that in since none of my other ships at that tier make money like that. (I am a potato in them though)

Edited by megadeux

[RKN]
Members
1,634 posts
3,350 battles

Edited the original post, hopefully that should clarify @Crucis

Edited by megadeux
I can't spell.
  • Cool 1

[TIMT]
Supertester
473 posts

Flags and Camo are a must.  Followed by bomb and torpedo hits, followed by planes shot down.