You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
JoeSlackman

Detonations make me want to quit this game

15 comments in this topic

Members
26 posts
6,618 battles

Well it happened again.  I am finally ready to play WoW again and I load up a match.  Within the first 2 minutes of this match, I am detonated.

Man!!!  That is sooooo much fun.   I am sooooo glad detonations are a part of the game.  I was thinking after being eliminated in the first 2 minute of this match, let me sit here and watch for another 18 minutes while others get to play because that is sooooooo much fun.

Hey WoW!  You guys need to get rid of detonations cause they really make me want to quit the game.  I have invested in this game so I am a paying customer.  You should care what I think.

Another suggestion...offer matches without detonations.  If you guys can't live without this ridiculously, soul stealing, demoralizing and unfun feature of this game, the least you can do is offer matches without this awful feature.

Rant over.   Peace out.

Joe

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[FOXEH]
Members
3,321 posts
11,865 battles

I've always heard that detonations are a fun and engaging mechanic...

After each detonation , once per day, you get 10 Juliet charlie flags. Use them.

Some ship classes are more "prone" to detonations. DD's especially need those flags. CL also get detonated a lot. There is a module you can run to provide more protection for your magazine.

My detonation rate is around 1.2% which is average for most players. You're gonna let a 1% mechanic ruin your fun? And with, I think, patch 0.7.3 your ship can't be detonated until at something like 70% or less health.

• Boring 1

[PLPTS]
Members
698 posts

I love detonations.

I like the sound of a volley of guns, the "BING!" Sound of a kill ribbon, the unexpected explosion...

Detonations are awesome. As long as they don't happen to me... 

Edited by ElectroVeeDub
  • Boring 1

[ARRGG]
Members
4,678 posts
7,503 battles

It doesn’t happen that often , fly your Det flag you’ll be ok ... it’s just .... a game

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Members
449 posts
12,223 battles
10 minutes ago, HMCS_Devilfish said:

It doesn’t happen that often , fly your Det flag you’ll be ok ... it’s just .... a game

I hear this argument all the time from the pro-detonation side of the debate.

If it doesn't happen all that often then you will not miss it if it is gone.

• Cool 2

[ARRGG]
Members
4,678 posts
7,503 battles
18 minutes ago, Prothall said:

I hear this argument all the time from the pro-detonation side of the debate.

If it doesn't happen all that often then you will not miss it if it is gone.

I’m not pro or anti det, it’s just a game mechanic... use incoming fire alert and if it shows...go hard over ....2600 games in Murmansk the Citadel Queen and it’s only happened to me 2 times in that ship and heh yea get 10 det flags out of it

[PSP]
Members
6,042 posts
8,585 battles

I can't remember the last time I was detonated and I play lots of DDs too. I saw someone detonated in a BB the other day though. Go for "try your luck" with containers. I once got a supercontainer with 100 anti-det flags.

As someone said, you get 10 anti-det flags each time you are detonated. Therefore, you should be detonating, at most, only one game out of 10.

I have been detonated once in every 124 games, only 46 times in two years of game play.

Edited by Snargfargle

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,200 posts
8,798 battles

34 detonations in just over 5500 randoms is 0.6% and even if we take out the BB's which rarely detonate and the CV's which cannot we have just over 3000 matches for a whopping 1.1% or once every 98.9 matches. Please step back and think about how often this does happen. Use Magazine Mod 1( -70% to the risk of your ship's magazine detonation.) for random/co-op/scenario play on your DD's which are the most likely to detonate and save the flags for ranked & clan wars. That will drop the rate drastically from the already low rate.

[SALVO]
Members
16,632 posts
17,300 battles
1 hour ago, JoeSlackman said:

Well it happened again.  I am finally ready to play WoW again and I load up a match.  Within the first 2 minutes of this match, I am detonated.

Man!!!  That is sooooo much fun.   I am sooooo glad detonations are a part of the game.  I was thinking after being eliminated in the first 2 minute of this match, let me sit here and watch for another 18 minutes while others get to play because that is sooooooo much fun.

Hey WoW!  You guys need to get rid of detonations cause they really make me want to quit the game.  I have invested in this game so I am a paying customer.  You should care what I think.

Another suggestion...offer matches without detonations.  If you guys can't live without this ridiculously, soul stealing, demoralizing and unfun feature of this game, the least you can do is offer matches without this awful feature.

Rant over.   Peace out.

Joe

I am a paying customer too.  And I think that detonations should stay in the game.  And I think that WG should tell people to put their manpants on and stop complaining about detonations!!!  

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
16,632 posts
17,300 battles
25 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

I can't remember the last time I was detonated and I play lots of DDs too. I saw someone detonated in a BB the other day though. Go for "try your luck" with containers. I once got a supercontainer with 100 anti-det flags.

As someone said, you get 10 anti-det flags each time you are detonated. Therefore, you should be detonating, at most, only one game out of 10.

I have been detonated once in every 124 games, only 46 times in two years of game play.

Snarg, don't forget that you can only get those 10 anti-det flags once per day. 

Honestly, I think that this is one reward you should be able to get multiple times per day.  After all, no one really "wants" to get detonated.  And it's not really something you can accomplish through skill.  And getting detonated twice in one day requires pretty damned incredible (bad) luck, so I really see no reason that it shouldn't be possible to get 10 anti-det flags any time you get detonated.

• Cool 1

[SAA]
Members
818 posts
26,821 battles

Detonations are arbitrary and random (no matter how WG or players try to explain it).  I would rather they just have me explode at the beginning of the match so it dosn't waist my time.

There is nothing more frustrating then being in a gun duel with another player and WHAM!  You get detonated because of RNG. 

Fun and engaging my azz.

Edited by Turbotush

[SALVO]
Members
16,632 posts
17,300 battles
16 minutes ago, Turbotush said:

Detonations are arbitrary and random (no matter how WG or players try to explain it).  I would rather they just have me explode at the beginning of the match so it dosn't waist my time.

There is nothing more frustrating then being in a gun dule with another player and WHAM!  You get detonated because of RNG. 

Fun and engaging my azz.

BOOM!!!!

You've been detonated at the start of my post.  :Smile_teethhappy:

I didn't know that time has a waist.  Or dules?  Pray tell, what's a dule?

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,200 posts
8,798 battles
8 minutes ago, Turbotush said:

There is nothing more frustrating then being in a gun dule with another player and WHAM!  You get detonated because of RNG. 

Fun and engaging my azz.

So is fire and fire is far more common, both are rng based. I find devastating strikes which also has an rng factor from dispersion to be far more frustrating, you are just as dead as if you were detonated but without the satisfaction of getting a few flags.

I really do wonder how often people, even though with large match counts, are taking devastating strikes and thinking they were detonated. Detonations need their own graphic and it needs to be big and obvious.

[BBC]
Members
908 posts
12,243 battles

Good Lord, u also have the 1st ship module slot that prevents dets.

I don't use the flags cept for ranked and 200% max flags days.

And I don't get more than once every few days.... Which ship are you playing do I can farm 10 Det flags a day. Thus would ensure I get Max rewards :)

[PSP]
Members
6,042 posts
8,585 battles

Remember that detonations are no longer one shot affairs to full-health ships. 

• Now, a ship’s magazine can detonate only if the ship has 75% or less of her HP pool remaining. Previously, this indicator equaled 100% which could result in highly frustrating detonations right in the beginning of a battle after the very first hit on the ship. From now on, ships with full HP won’t detonate.

Edited by Snargfargle