Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Pulicat

Clan Battles can be played all season long, why not Ranked Battles?

10 comments in this topic

[O7]
Members
4,921 posts
8,751 battles

For me, randoms are stale beyond compare. I no longer need to play them for progression, and find little enjoyment even when divisioning with friends. I'm sure there's at least a percent or two that feel that way or be in a similar situation as me. With CB, there is no ceiling to your ability to play, you queue up, get matched and play. Ranked is not the same, as after ranking out you get sequestered into a mode that nobody plays.

Why not allow those same players back into the main matchmaking of ranked, a start over as a super league player, sort of like prestige. It would keep areas populated, and keep the same pool of skill throughout the leagues. In this super league/prestige, you could still get the same reward per win, a crate from a mission, and that mission would allow however many stars it takes to move to the next league to equal crates ie. each new star you get is a crate. Maybe even every time to move up a league in prestige you get a superC. This would draw a lot of replayablility from this mode, especially with the idea of coal from these crates and steel from league ups. Prestige infinitely.

The only real drawback, and the reason I imagine this hasn't happened (as i'm sure WG has at least considered it) is friends that have prestige'd throwing games for friends that have not. That stuff already happens anyway though.

[NGA-B]
Alpha Tester
9,415 posts
3,673 battles

Ranked screwed around with my blood pressure too much to try it after the first season there ever was.

• Funny 1

[OPG]
Members
3,912 posts
5,503 battles

I like the sounds of this.  The League of Seawolves, or what ever they call it, is always dead.  I know many people get burnt out by the end of the season, but after ranking out I actually like the idea of being able to keep playing with out the added stress and pressure of having to worry about stars.  And just maybe, if ranked was populated by more players who had already ranked out and were just playing because they enjoyed the mode, the salt levels wouldn't be so high.  

[O7]
Members
4,921 posts
8,751 battles
48 minutes ago, J30_Reinhardt said:

Ranked screwed around with my blood pressure too much to try it after the first season there ever was.

Play it like you would a random, ignore the fact of rewards. 

[TNG]
[TNG]
Members
253 posts
14,842 battles

I was bummed no one plays the sea wolves league.  I enjoy the high level of play from the better players.  I may switch clans and do some clan wars but the 9pm eastern thing is hard on the family schedule.

[ICBM]
Members
354 posts
7,912 battles
5 minutes ago, shoy07 said:

I was bummed no one plays the sea wolves league.  I enjoy the high level of play from the better players.  I may switch clans and do some clan wars but the 9pm eastern thing is hard on the family schedule.

Also, when you go to work at 4 am the 9 pm start is an issue.

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,760 posts
11,146 battles

Make the incentive for those doing it twice over a larger dubs prize, steel or coal, I know some may not want it but make the prizes a more premium commodity, I think its a great Idea and keeps numbers in the games for a longer period, making matches easier to get.

[SALVO]
Members
16,684 posts
17,308 battles
4 hours ago, Pulicat said:

For me, randoms are stale beyond compare. I no longer need to play them for progression, and find little enjoyment even when divisioning with friends. I'm sure there's at least a percent or two that feel that way or be in a similar situation as me. With CB, there is no ceiling to your ability to play, you queue up, get matched and play. Ranked is not the same, as after ranking out you get sequestered into a mode that nobody plays.

Why not allow those same players back into the main matchmaking of ranked, a start over as a super league player, sort of like prestige. It would keep areas populated, and keep the same pool of skill throughout the leagues. In this super league/prestige, you could still get the same reward per win, a crate from a mission, and that mission would allow however many stars it takes to move to the next league to equal crates ie. each new star you get is a crate. Maybe even every time to move up a league in prestige you get a superC. This would draw a lot of replayablility from this mode, especially with the idea of coal from these crates and steel from league ups. Prestige infinitely.

The only real drawback, and the reason I imagine this hasn't happened (as i'm sure WG has at least considered it) is friends that have prestige'd throwing games for friends that have not. That stuff already happens anyway though.

Why should players who are still trying to grind their way up later in a ranked season have to put up with players who have already ranked out being able to start over and seal club the crap out of those weaker players?

Heck, as it is already, Ranked is too  damned boring due to the excessive grinding demands.  I'm probably good enough that I could rank out, certain get into the top 5 ranks, if I really wanted to.  But I find the Ranked grind so freakin' boring that almost always stop at rank 10.

If WG was going to change Ranked, I'd like to see them do something that would make Ranked more fun and less grindy for a far greater number of players than doing something that only a fraction of the people who rank out would use.  And frankly, Pulicat, your idea seems like a gross waste of WG's resources due to the extremely small number of players who might benefit from such a change.  The reality is that you could play ranked a second time already if you were willing to invest the time in a second account to have the appropriate ships.  (Obviously though, if ranked used tier 10 ships again, it'd be a bit of a grind for you to get the ships you'd want to use, but at least it's do-able.)  It just seems to me that it'd be a better use of limited resources to make changes that benefit the greatest number of players possible, not the smallest pool of players (i.e. players who have ranked out AND still want to keep playing ranked).

Members
9,871 posts

It's pure comedy that anyone would think this would help....

Ranked doesn't keep falling to new lows in numbers because  enjoy it...:Smile_teethhappy:

[SALVO]
Members
16,684 posts
17,308 battles
8 minutes ago, awiggin said:

It's pure comedy that anyone would think this would help....

Ranked doesn't keep falling to new lows in numbers because  enjoy it...:Smile_teethhappy:

To me, it's not about WHETHER it would help.  It's about the cost and how MANY players  would it presumably help.  Puli's idea, while I'm sure it may seem fun to him, is only going to "help" a  very tiny number of players, whereas some change aimed at everyone who does or might play ranked would "help" a very much larger number of players.  To me, it's just not an efficient use of limited resources to do something that would only affect such a tiny portion of the player base, i.e. players who have ranked out and want to continue playing ranked.  Particularly when an option already exists to do this, i.e. using a second account.

Sign in to follow this