You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_no_one_

Rudder and engine HP

7 comments in this topic

Members
475 posts
5,642 battles

Someone knows where can i find the information about the rudder and engine hp for each ship? 

Members
1,871 posts
5,656 battles

Well, technically, rudder and engine HP are infinite since you can't permanently disable them.

With that being said, should they receive a hit, usually in the stern or citadel, they will become incapacitated.

Members
475 posts
5,642 battles
8 minutes ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

Well, technically, rudder and engine HP are infinite since you can't permanently disable them.

With that being said, should they receive a hit, usually in the stern or citadel, they will become incapacitated.

ok fair point. I would like to know why in some ships it is easy to lost the engine or rudder and in other ships is not.

Members
1,871 posts
5,656 battles
5 minutes ago, _no_one_ said:

ok fair point. I would like to know why in some ships it is easy to lost the engine or rudder and in other ships is not.

It oftentimes has to do with where they're hit, how much armor they have (especially in the stern armor), and how big is the citadel/engine room.

Destroyers, for instance, oftentimes have to take preventative maintenance since their weak armor means that pretty much any shot has a chance of knocking out the rudder or engine.

The same applies to some cruisers: flamu, for instance, takes last stand on Myoko thanks to its tendency to have its engine/rudder disabled.

On the other hand, battleships will pretty much only suffer if a torpedo hits them in the stern or engine room OR if they get citadelled, either from another battleship or from AP bombs. Try crippling an Arizona, for instance: it's pretty difficult, I can tell you that.

Members
475 posts
5,642 battles
1 minute ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

It oftentimes has to do with where they're hit, how much armor they have (especially in the stern armor), and how big is the citadel/engine room.

Destroyers, for instance, oftentimes have to take preventative maintenance since their weak armor means that pretty much any shot has a chance of knocking out the rudder or engine.

The same applies to some cruisers: flamu, for instance, takes last stand on Myoko thanks to its tendency to have its engine/rudder disabled.

On the other hand, battleships will pretty much only suffer if a torpedo hits them in the stern or engine room OR if they get citadelled, either from another battleship or from AP bombs. Try crippling an Arizona, for instance: it's pretty difficult, I can tell you that.

Exactly. However i am almost certain there is a module HP on wows. There is on WOT. That explains why the rudder on Myoko is very weak as an example. I wish i could know the modules HP for each ship.

Members
1,871 posts
5,656 battles
22 minutes ago, _no_one_ said:

Exactly. However i am almost certain there is a module HP on wows. There is on WOT. That explains why the rudder on Myoko is very weak as an example. I wish i could know the modules HP for each ship.

There certainly is module HP for WoWs.

For instance, some sources claim that all guns from 220 mm to 356 mm have 15k health and 406 mm and above have 20k health, with the exception of Grober Kurfurst, whose turrets apparently have 40k health.

Unfortunately, the exact numbers are hard to find, especially for steering and engine incapacitations, since those things can't even be permanently destroyed. Most of the time, it comes down to RNG and armor. Unfortunately, that's all I can offer on the subject.

Thread on turret destruction:

In general, the less armor a ship has, in particular in the stern area, the more likely its engine/rudder will be incapacitated.

• Cool 1