You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
behindurback

wth is wrong with izumo's gun

20 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
446 posts
3,625 battles

this ship is killing me.....

everything about the ship is garbage, bad armor, eats HE, bad mobility

was hoping that at least it has good guns, but after dozens of games, nope.  Even the guns are garbage

how does this thing even qualify as a tier 9 in the same league as ships like the missouri???

• Bad 1

Beta Testers
2,817 posts
3,913 battles

someone will say that they did fine with it,but they are not exactly from this  reality,maybe not even playing the same game.

izumo is a hellish torture,you need to survive it to get yamato and start slapping everyone with your shells.

missouri is not a ship,it's  a central bank that creates money.

Edited by Cruxdei
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[OPEC]
Members
925 posts
5,108 battles

It's not an easy ship to play, but the guns (beyond the wonky turret configuration) are not the problem in my experience.

[-BRS-]
Members
1,602 posts
13,158 battles

I don't think I've seen too many people with any love for that ship

Beta Testers
446 posts
3,625 battles
7 minutes ago, delp5117 said:

It's not an easy ship to play, but the guns (beyond the wonky turret configuration) are not the problem in my experience.

the guns are so inconsistent, shells just land around the target but not on the target.

izumo has got nothing going for it at least give it good guns 

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,796 battles

Funny how so many tier 9 ships are worse than their tier 8 or tier 10 counterparts. Like you're being punished for getting past +2/-2 MM. Maybe WoW just wants you to spend a load of money to free XP past the zombie ships.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[R-F]
Members
395 posts
14,329 battles
38 minutes ago, behindurback said:

the guns are so inconsistent, shells just land around the target but not on the target.

izumo has got nothing going for it at least give it good guns 

Meh, I don't get these complaints.

I tried her on the PTS and what I found was an almost cruiser level accuracy -though not necessarily the hardest hitter.

In fact, I came to the conclusion that WG has given it such poor stats on other aspects, mostly in order to balance the performance of the guns.

It was also one of the more durable BBs I've ever played. Provided that you don't display your broadside to everyone.

As long as you go full survivability and concealment (and forfeit secondaries, as you should), it's actually a decent ship. Perhaps not as good as the rest of the T9 BBs, but definitely not as sh!t as people make it out to be.

Edited by yacskn

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,705 posts
11,320 battles

The ship is bad, but it's guns are the one good thing about it.

Members
31 posts
537 battles

I know what you mean. All in all I can't see why it should be bad, but it sure does feel bad initially.

I may have actually got a reasonable WR in her had it not been for some very bad teams that I encountered for a few days (but that's just luck).

I did find I really had to adjust my play style.  This prepared me for Yamoto, and has made me more successful in Musashi.

At the end of the day I ground my way to Yamato, played a couple more games so that I didn't have less than 50% WR, and found my peace with her. Had I not moved my captain up to Yamato I would probably have played some more games in her and I expect she would have done OK.

[KEGEL]
Members
100 posts
5,068 battles

I skipped my Izumo grind.

There was a discount on the IJN BBs at the time, had already finished my Amagi grind and had plenty of FXP to unlock the Yamato.

My rational;

- I'd lose 8 million after selling her.

- I'd lose countless hours + being miserable for a ship that's universally panned as the worst in game.

- Save myself a ton of flags & Camo trying to accelerate the grind.

- It's a game, why are playing to be sad. Enough 'feels bad' in RL.

[OO7]
Alpha Tester
6,686 posts
3,459 battles

If the Izumo is bad so is the Iowa, since they're generally pretty close week to week. I personally think the Izumo could use some love, but most people don't use her worth a crap. Her guns are amazing.

[LEGIT]
[LEGIT]
Members
391 posts
6,160 battles

I really enjoyed my Izumo when I had it.. I just sat behind and sniped from long distances

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
1,311 posts
9,389 battles

The Izumo is an abrupt change in how IJN battleships play. She loses the speed and maneuverability, and the armor has to be kept angled. While she's not a bad ship, I wouldn't go so far as saying she's a good ship. Her guns are the silver lining though, they are accurate, and have ok pen and damage.

Yamato has a lot of the same flaws, except of course, instead of merely good guns, she gets the best guns in the game if you love to lol-pen people. 

• Cool 1

[TF16B]
Members
8,038 posts
16,968 battles
1 hour ago, silverdahc said:

I don't think I've seen too many people with any love for that ship

I’d probably love it then; since I apparently suck wind with popular ships. (Leander, Belfast...) but like and do reasonably well with hated ships... (Mutsuki, Marblehead, Emerald...)

[WOLF9]
Members
242 posts
3,717 battles

I didn't hate Izumo, though I also didn't keep it very long.  While I had little difficulty getting shells to hit the target I felt like the pen was a little on the low side given that they are 410mm.  I also found sailing her more like a traditional BB worked better than the static floating artillery barge method.  Izumo frustrated me just enough to burn some FXP to finish the grind and buy Yamato... which is probably exactly what WG intended.

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,005 posts
9,528 battles

TWO WORDS!:fish_viking:

BOW TANK!

[SYN]
Members
14,350 posts
10,224 battles

Higher MV, but having the same shells as Amagi.
It's the same problem on Roma and Kronstadt.

The shells fly too flat for their dispersion and sigma levels, which results in seriously wonky results.

[PVE]
Members
376 posts
8,175 battles

I have found that the only way for me to have any success with it is to play as a distraction. It really is awful all around. 

The accuracy and pen with it sucks for me so guess I need some of that RNG y'all are smoking.