Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TexJapan

No Feeback Karma

13 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

212
[VFW]
Members
907 posts
20,793 battles

Understand that the Karma system is a hate/like topic, but I'm curious on one of it's mechanics.

  Currently, you can see if you were complemented but not reported within the notifications pull down.  Also, you cannot see what reason that you were complemented or reported.   Why?

  I fully agree that both should not show the Gamertag, but the feedback (which you choose from in the Karma menu) as to why it was use is absent which is strange.   Granted many negative reports are out of spite, but maybe some are actually correct (bad behavior, chat, poor play, etc).  Same for the complements (good manners, good play, etc)

  WG provided this but neglect to give this feedback to person given the Karma.

vr,

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
417
[VW]
Members
1,852 posts
12,293 battles

Anyone who understands the reporting system would only report someone for misbehavior in chat because it is the only function which has a consequence, namely chat ban. All other reports are irrelevant and serve no purpose other than to allegedly relieve players who feel upset for whatever reason. Likes are the same, someone might genuinely compliment one, but if one syncs with friends one can trade all ones comps with the other player greatly increasing each others karma.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
128 posts
6,187 battles

I too would like to know when I receive negative Karma.  I lost a point just now and can't for the life of me figure out what I did to upset someone in a match.  If it was because I stole a kill then I really don't care, but if I did something wrong that put another player at risk then I need to know that.

I'm sure like all Karma post a lot of you will be saying that Karma is irrelevant, but I see it as being a measurement of how a good teammate I am.  I'm sure there are  ways to inflate the number but if a person does that then they know their number is [edited].  I know my number is for real and therefore I pay attention to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,999
[PVE]
Members
9,002 posts
7,315 battles
2 minutes ago, Joe_918145 said:

I too would like to know when I receive negative Karma.  I lost a point just now and can't for the life of me figure out what I did to upset someone in a match.  If it was because I stole a kill then I really don't care, but if I did something wrong that put another player at risk then I need to know that.

I'm sure like all Karma post a lot of you will be saying that Karma is irrelevant, but I see it as being a measurement of how a good teammate I am.  I'm sure there are  ways to inflate the number but if a person does that then they know their number is [edited].  I know my number is for real and therefore I pay attention to it.

Unfortunately, people will down vote you in game for going to their idea of the wrong cap or even playing what they see as a bad ship. There are people, who have admitted, to down voting any CV no matter how the CV plays, because it is a CV.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
534
[KP]
Members
2,018 posts
18,493 battles
26 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

Anyone who understands the reporting system would only report someone for misbehavior in chat because it is the only function which has a consequence, namely chat ban. All other reports are irrelevant and serve no purpose other than to allegedly relieve players who feel upset for whatever reason. Likes are the same, someone might genuinely compliment one, but if one syncs with friends one can trade all ones comps with the other player greatly increasing each others karma.

Karma only goes up or down by one. Meaning I get 11 karma at the start of each day if I spam all of them at one person it still only shows +/-1 so you can't really spam them onto one person good or bad.

Cheers

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
534
[KP]
Members
2,018 posts
18,493 battles
10 minutes ago, Joe_918145 said:

I too would like to know when I receive negative Karma.  I lost a point just now and can't for the life of me figure out what I did to upset someone in a match.  If it was because I stole a kill then I really don't care, but if I did something wrong that put another player at risk then I need to know that.

I'm sure like all Karma post a lot of you will be saying that Karma is irrelevant, but I see it as being a measurement of how a good teammate I am.  I'm sure there are  ways to inflate the number but if a person does that then they know their number is [edited].  I know my number is for real and therefore I pay attention to it.

My karma is almost 200 and greatly inflated by playing US DD's before the smoke fire nerf. Since then it goes up some and goes down some. I hardly ever get the 3-4 positive a game I did when I ayed the Sims and Fletcher all the time.

US DD's used to be a great way to inflate your Karma.

Edited by IronMike11B4O

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
417
[VW]
Members
1,852 posts
12,293 battles
2 minutes ago, IronMike11B4O said:

Karma only goes up or down by one. Meaning I get 11 karma at the start of each day if I spam all of them at one person it still only shows +/-1 so you can't really spam them onto one person good or bad.

Cheers

 

This is true for downvotes, i’m not sure about upvotes. Nonetheless players who play everyday and syncdrop and upvote each ofher still amass large karma. Just today someone posted in forum he had amassed 1000 upvotes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,774 posts
1 hour ago, TexJapan said:

Understand that the Karma system is a hate/like topic, but I'm curious on one of it's mechanics.

  Currently, you can see if you were complemented but not reported within the notifications pull down.  Also, you cannot see what reason that you were complemented or reported.   Why?

  I fully agree that both should not show the Gamertag, but the feedback (which you choose from in the Karma menu) as to why it was use is absent which is strange.   Granted many negative reports are out of spite, but maybe some are actually correct (bad behavior, chat, poor play, etc).  Same for the complements (good manners, good play, etc)

  WG provided this but neglect to give this feedback to person given the Karma.

vr,

Wait lol REPORTED FOR REPORTING l m f a o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
1,015 posts
13,583 battles
1 hour ago, TexJapan said:

Understand that the Karma system is a hate/like topic, but I'm curious on one of it's mechanics.

  Currently, you can see if you were complemented but not reported within the notifications pull down.  Also, you cannot see what reason that you were complemented or reported.   Why?

  I fully agree that both should not show the Gamertag, but the feedback (which you choose from in the Karma menu) as to why it was use is absent which is strange.   Granted many negative reports are out of spite, but maybe some are actually correct (bad behavior, chat, poor play, etc).  Same for the complements (good manners, good play, etc)

  WG provided this but neglect to give this feedback to person given the Karma.

vr,

Apparently when receiving a single positive vote it will show up in the notification area, but it takes more than one negative vote in   game for it to show up in the notification area.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,819
Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles

WG has never given a clear response on how this works.

The thought is 1 pos will move you up 1, and 2 neg will drop you down 1.

I'll go with the poster above me that it takes the 2 to show a notification.

I just look at my karma at the end of a play session to see if I've gained, or lost. I rarely ever lose any, but when I do it's normally from a very low WR player that doesn't understand how to play the game correctly. Some peeps don't get the tactics aspect of the game 

Edited by Wulfgarn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,459 posts
12,213 battles

the system is [edited]. I just got chat banned again, Never swear, or insult, never threaten...… last game was explaining to a kagero that his torps wouldn't reach the targets he was firing them at. I urged him to get closer.... reported... God forbid you give constructive advice in this game. Tell a three team division all ranked 18 to move forward...past are spawn.... reported..x3 or more. 

the karma system and chatban is clown show

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,819
Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles
16 minutes ago, Sweetsie said:

the system is [edited]. I just got chat banned again, Never swear, or insult, never threaten...… last game was explaining to a kagero that his torps wouldn't reach the targets he was firing them at. I urged him to get closer.... reported... God forbid you give constructive advice in this game. Tell a three team division all ranked 18 to move forward...past are spawn.... reported..x3 or more. 

the karma system and chatban is clown show

If I say anything in chat, its telling radar ships and ranges at the beginning of the match, if the setup warrants me it.

Another is when we are ahead, I remind everyone that we are ahead on points/ships/health of ships, and to hide and dont die/let them attack us.

If someone whines about anything pertaining to me, I usually just let it go, unless it's a full blown tirade. At that point, I'll throw out the obvious to them, and/or mention their WR vrs my own. At that point, you've pissed me off enough to, "go there".

I've never been chat banned.

I know for a fact that a division can chat ban you by themselves. It doesn't matter what you've done at that point. They could simply be from a rival clan.

Edited by Wulfgarn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,774 posts
1 hour ago, Sweetsie said:

the system is [edited]. I just got chat banned again, Never swear, or insult, never threaten...… last game was explaining to a kagero that his torps wouldn't reach the targets he was firing them at. I urged him to get closer.... reported... God forbid you give constructive advice in this game. Tell a three team division all ranked 18 to move forward...past are spawn.... reported..x3 or more. 

the karma system and chatban is clown show

Some people are a bit too sensitive I only report if they are abusive or overly insulting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×