You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Reymu

If you're annoyed about that 30-plane kills mission

35 comments in this topic

[NG-NL]
Members
4,964 posts
8,109 battles

Nudge me here. Have Ranger and Taiho, so I can give you another shot mid or high-tier. Just be aware ATL and other known AA ships easily get limited chances whereas a less-known like Bayvern/Gnei/Ibuki often has better odds.

Gonna run a battle in MO, then check back here. I'd appreciate it if you simply wait in port for me, so around 10-20min from now I'll check back here. See you in-game!

Edit: I'm taking div mates in order they reply here, easier to track.

Edited by Reymu

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,623 posts
521 battles

You might want to be careful with things like this. I don't know Wargaming's stance on these sort of things but back when I played NF, they'd consider this an "arranged battle" and ban all parties involved. 

[AP-B]
Members
174 posts
1,512 battles
1 minute ago, ramp4ge said:

You might want to be careful with things like this. I don't know Wargaming's stance on these sort of things but back when I played NF, they'd consider this an "arranged battle" and ban all parties involved. 

I think that he is only trying to help people on mission: by div with a CV, you will get into a CV match 100%.

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,623 posts
521 battles
Just now, Berlimawurst said:

I think that he is only trying to help people on mission: by div with a CV, you will get into a CV match 100%.

I know, and good on him for trying to help. I just know in the past I've had friends banned for doing similar things in other games. 

[NG-NL]
Members
4,964 posts
8,109 battles

WG has not said anything about "no divisioning to work on missions" far as I know.

Just div'd up w/ another guy in Ranger. Check back on this after that match ends.

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
1,915 posts
3,310 battles
3 minutes ago, ramp4ge said:

WG isn't as concerned with this. In fact, there is an entire forum section dedicated to this exact thing: https://forum.worldofwarships.com/forum/234-find-your-divisions/

[AP-B]
Members
174 posts
1,512 battles
2 minutes ago, ramp4ge said:

I know, and good on him for trying to help. I just know in the past I've had friends banned for doing similar things in other games. 

I guess many people in OPG/CONQR...etc might be banned then, because they arrange their clanmates' AA ships CV matches every time by div with CVs

[DETN8]
[DETN8]
Members
1,662 posts
16,116 battles

You can do this mission over any number of battles, it shouldn't be hard, especially if you have a CV to play

[BLUE_]
Members
17 posts
8,392 battles

had luck with huange at tier 6 spec for AA add flag knocked out requirement few matches.  fun boat if i had 19 pt captain could be even better.

[YORHA]
Members
3,263 posts
2 minutes ago, Ju87s said:

You can do this mission over any number of battles, it shouldn't be hard, especially if you have a CV to play

The problem is getting Tier VI+ games with CVs in them.

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
1,915 posts
3,310 battles
3 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

yeah, and if a player sucks as a carrier (I suck at carriers), then CV play is out of the question. So that leaves 2 options for those players:

1. Let luck 100% determine whether or not you complete the mission.
2. Div up with a CV and now luck is reduced (still have to get lucky that the enemy CV-player will send aircraft into your AA Range).

[AP-B]
Members
174 posts
1,512 battles
5 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

It's quite easy.

Tier 567 are infested by CVs now

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,036 posts
11,539 battles
Just now, Berlimawurst said:

It's quite easy.

this

• Bad 1

[AP-B]
Members
174 posts
1,512 battles
1 minute ago, crzyhawk said:

this

I shot down like 400-500 planes yesterday, because on avg I got more than one CV each round

[BBC]
Members
908 posts
12,243 battles

guys its 30 planes  over any number of battles. should be pretty easy u can get a couple a game shooting  spotting planes  etc .

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
1,915 posts
3,310 battles
1 minute ago, Berlimawurst said:

It's quite easy.

You say that, but I was having extreme unluck about getting a CV in any tier yesterday. It wasn't until I requested for a CV player to div up with me, that I completed the mission.

How many other players are having unluck, and not getting CVs?

In fact, I was so unlucky, that it wasn't until I no longer needed carriers, that a carrier showed up in battle, while neither I or div mate were CV. So... majority of the player base is likely having a hard time getting the aircraft kill requirement.

There is literally an entire section dedicated to finding divisions (see my earlier post), and there is even a way to request a division in the game.

• Cool 1

[AP-B]
Members
174 posts
1,512 battles
5 minutes ago, Counter_Gambit said:

You say that, but I was having extreme unluck about getting a CV in any tier yesterday. It wasn't until I requested for a CV player to div up with me, that I completed the mission.

How many other players are having unluck, and not getting CVs?

In fact, I was so unlucky, that it wasn't until I no longer needed carriers, that a carrier showed up in battle, while neither I or div mate were CV. So... majority of the player base is likely having a hard time getting the aircraft kill requirement.

There is literally an entire section dedicated to finding divisions (see my earlier post), and there is even a way to request a division in the game.

What ships do you run?

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,333 posts
11,487 battles

I played my KAGA yesterday. Been over a month since I played a cv...

I forgot how much fun she is, even just auto drop/torp....

But man those manual staff fighters....chew em up. Ended one game with 20 plane kills..

[SKDSH]
[SKDSH]
3,979 posts
9,855 battles
56 minutes ago, Reymu said:

Nudge me here. Have Ranger and Taiho, so I can give you another shot mid or high-tier. Just be aware ATL and other known AA ships easily get limited chances whereas a less-known like Bayvern/Gnei/Ibuki often has better odds.

Gonna run a battle in MO, then check back here. I'd appreciate it if you simply wait in port for me, so around 10-20min from now I'll check back here. See you in-game!

Edit: I'm taking div mates in order they reply here, easier to track.

I could use the help . I have been waiting two days for a friend with a tier 7 CV to be online when I am to try and do that mission . I am now in game . As to the others saying how easy it is to get CV's in matches ; my Atlanta is very bad (cursed even) at getting CV battles . I once got in queue  at there were 7 CV's already in queue and I was " Oh boy I get to make fireworks ! " NOPE ; I got into a battle with no CV's . There are others I have div-d with that can verify this ; Sinboto ; Umikami and Alex44 .

Thank you for offering this opportunity  . 

:Smile_honoring: 

[WORX]
Members
1,650 posts
12,706 battles

Um Guys, its not 30 planes in a match, its 30 planes during the 2 day time frame. This was actually easy, the MINOTAUR with AA spec no need for a CV since spotter planes count to the tally.  You might get more without CV then with CV in the match because they will avoid you in the first place. But IF you have a ATL in the mid tiers you can punish lower tier CV players. Other then that it was easy.

[PVE]
Members
8,905 posts
7,305 battles
45 minutes ago, ramp4ge said:

42 minutes ago, Berlimawurst said:

Yes, divisioning with a CV so that you always see a CV on the other side is perfectly legal.

Where it would get illegal, is if both the red and green CVs and got together and said, you attack this guy so that he can shoot down your planes and I'll attack your guy so he can shoot down my planes. That would get you banned.

• Cool 1

[NDA]
Supertester
4,791 posts
13,617 battles

I did not have problems shooting down 30 planes. Now trying to hunt CV planes with an AA cruisers is not the way to hunt CV planes. Because any CV player with more than two brain cells to rub together will avoid a ship with a high AA rating.  

Now if you want to really hunt CV planes take a Battleship with a decent AA rating and bait those sky jockeys into giving you planes. I shot down 20 planes with my Missouri in one game. 

But if you want a hard mission to complete its "150 Main Armament hits in a battle and WIN the battle." Trying to satisfy this mission with randoms who have a tendency to yolo throw the game is hard.   

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,036 posts
11,539 battles
17 minutes ago, Chien_Lu_Anderman said:

I could use the help . I have been waiting two days for a friend with a tier 7 CV to be online when I am to try and do that mission . I am now in game . As to the others saying how easy it is to get CV's in matches ; my Atlanta is very bad (cursed even) at getting CV battles . I once got in queue  at there were 7 CV's already in queue and I was " Oh boy I get to make fireworks ! " NOPE ; I got into a battle with no CV's . There are others I have div-d with that can verify this ; Sinboto ; Umikami and Alex44 .

Thank you for offering this opportunity  . 

If you can't find anyone else, I will play my Saipan with you...but I am really really bad with CVs and it would not be a nice thing to do to our team.

[SKDSH]
[SKDSH]
3,979 posts
9,855 battles
Just now, crzyhawk said:

If you can't find anyone else, I will play my Saipan with you...but I am really really bad with CVs and it would not be a nice thing to do to our team.

That would be good of you . I can understand that concern as I am think the same . If you do decide to do that I am still waiting in port .  But this is up to you .

Thank you again for your offer either way .