You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
RenamedUser_1001278837

Unbelievable

17 comments in this topic

Members
133 posts
6,231 battles

Never thought I'd have a game like this in the Pensacola, particularly given that I think she's worse at Tier 6 than she was at Tier 7.  First time I've ever had more than 5 kills, I think this is only the fourth or fifth Kraken I've ever gotten.  One thing I've started doing with the Pensacola and New Orleans is using AP almost exclusively, and I seem to be getting better results as a consequence.  This is a tough ship to play but she can do some damage.

pens1.JPG

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,240 posts
8,815 battles

The only things I feel they did wrong was the turret turning and reload times. Buff the reload to 10 seconds and the turret turn times to what she had as the upgrade option when she was at tier 7.

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,783 posts
14,864 battles

Nice match!

Members
1,181 posts
501 battles
46 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

The only things I feel they did wrong was the turret turning and reload times. Buff the reload to 10 seconds and the turret turn times to what she had as the upgrade option when she was at tier 7.

:Smile_great:

[VW]
Members
1,850 posts
12,293 battles

Nice game! I always liked her. Agree for the ap on usn ca, does damage. Trick is to not get deleted by getting caught broadside.

Members
4,465 posts
6,203 battles
2 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

I got her in Cleve deal. I agree. Good ship but damn that reload. I like fast reloads. Can make all the difference in the world. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,240 posts
8,815 battles
1 hour ago, dmckay said:

I got her in Cleve deal. I agree. Good ship but damn that reload. I like fast reloads. Can make all the difference in the world. 

If I had to choose only one buff I would buff the turret turning.

Members
133 posts
6,231 battles
2 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

If I had to choose only one buff I would buff the turret turning.

Ideally I'd like to see 12sec reloads and the turret rotation at 30secs for 180 degrees.  Given one or the other, I'd take the turret rotation buff.

[STW-M]
Members
1,894 posts
5,666 battles

People always laugh at Pensacola, until they accidentally show broadside and then either get nuked or eat 10k per AP salvo.

There's a reason why I wrote a love song for her, after all.

[BIER]
Members
58 posts
1,362 battles

No way you buff the reload ANY.

She's already sporting 10 8" guns - that's VASTLY more damage than any other T6 cruiser can pump out.

You just aren't playing this like a light cruiser - it's a HEAVY cruiser, just like the Aoba. Learn to pick your shots, not expect to just blaze your way through.

Maybe, and it's a big maybe, after several more months, WG might consider buffing the turret rotation a bit. But anything more is completely uncalled for.

[WOLF9]
Members
165 posts

Well done I will have to go back and visit her but chances of me having a game like that unlikely...

Members
175 posts
4,164 battles

I always felt like I was one of the few players that enjoyed Pensacola when she was at tier 7. Especially moving from Cleveland up to Pensacola, it did take some getting used to, but you can definitely throw your weight around if you play smart. Unlike the CL line, US heavy cruisers really shine with their AP firepower - try finding another light cruiser that can citadel broadside battleships at 7-10km and still take off 4-6k damage per salvo even without a citadel.

Compared to Pensacola at tier 7, my only big complaint for the tier 6 version is the guns are more sluggish. The reload doesn't bother me, but I definitely preferred the upgraded tier 7 traverse where you could turn sharply and still not have your guns go way off target.

[CVA16]
Members
2,195 posts
9,669 battles
On 6/23/2018 at 2:22 PM, Wittman73 said:

One thing I've started doing with the Pensacola and New Orleans is using AP almost exclusively, and I seem to be getting better results as a consequence. 

I keep trying this but lately I keep (up through even Baltimore)  getting RNG hate where I end up with overpens firing at juicy broadside cruisers. By the next volley they have turned so I get bounces and shatters. Very disappointing when you are hoping for multi cits, but instead get 5 hits for 950 damage. At tier 6 Pepsi has to pick and choose a bit as some of the T5-6 CLs will be overpenned regularly.

Members
133 posts
6,231 battles
1 hour ago, Sabot_100 said:

I keep trying this but lately I keep (up through even Baltimore)  getting RNG hate where I end up with overpens firing at juicy broadside cruisers. By the next volley they have turned so I get bounces and shatters. Very disappointing when you are hoping for multi cits, but instead get 5 hits for 950 damage. At tier 6 Pepsi has to pick and choose a bit as some of the T5-6 CLs will be overpenned regularly.

I don't do this with Baltimore as her 10sec reload I find to be fast enough.  One thing I have started doing on my cruisers is using Expert Loader, comes in very handy, I just don't have the points on my Pensacola/New Orleans captains yet.  I do feel your pain though, sometimes RNG hates on me early in the game so I end up switching to HE the rest of the time.