Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Poppa_IKE

Ship Nation Language Translations

7 comments in this topic

Members
25 posts
2,128 battles

Have looked around some, but no luck.  Trying to find a translation list of the crew sayings for each line. Particularly interested in the French, but would like to have them all. I think it adds a great touch when playing ships of the different nations.  Anyone have this by chance?

-Thanks.

[HINON]
Supertester
18,902 posts
12,435 battles

I've not heard of such a list. I think it's about time they implemented subtitles though, optional of course.

• Cool 6

[HINON]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,175 posts
2,029 battles

That's actually a pretty good idea, it would be cool if the wiki kept such a list; possibly placing it in the info box for each nation.

Next time I get a chance to go into the game I think I'll try and record/pay attention to some of them, that way we can at least start a thread on it.

[ALPHA]
Members
401 posts
8,348 battles
29 minutes ago, Poppa_IKE said:

Have looked around some, but no luck.  Trying to find a translation list of the crew sayings for each line. Particularly interested in the French, but would like to have them all. I think it adds a great touch when playing ships of the different nations.  Anyone have this by chance?

-Thanks.

You don't need translation, for one situation, one crew sayings. And they have a same sense in every language, is just not a word to word translation.

- Good luck and fair seas / Bonne chance et bons vents.

A three first word is same word in two language, a fourth and fifth word  change to respect french crew saying . I write word to word translation in lwo language :

- Bonne chance et juste mer / Good luck and good winds.

In french, nobody call "juste mer" before leave a dock.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,796 battles

Sorry, but the only two phrases I know in a foreigh language are in Spanish, Mas Cervesa, and No Dinero, and although I'm sure both have been used by sailors, probably not on the bridge of a warship.

[MBR]
Members
221 posts
5,593 battles
1 hour ago, Poppa_IKE said:

-Thanks.

torpilles à d'abord/ torpilles droit devant (torpedos ahead)

alerte d'incindie (fire alarm)

à vos postes (action stations)/ la bataille commence (battle starts)

porteavions/ cuirassé/ destroyer/ croiseur ennemi détruit (enemy aircraft carrier/ battleship/ destroyer/ cruiser destroyed)

forces ennemis detectés (enemy forces detected)

boost de moteur activé (engine boost activated)

génerateur de fumée activé (smoke generator activated)

équipage de canons antiaériens est en alert générale (antiaircraft gun crews are on full alert)

problème resoluché chef (problem solved sir)

There are so many other phrases, I guess more than 50 recorded phrases for each nation.

• Cool 1

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
1,888 posts
3,268 battles
2 hours ago, Lert said:

I've not heard of such a list. I think it's about time they implemented subtitles though, optional of course.

I agree with this. Subtitles for all languages, into language of choice. So "English Subtitles" or "French Subtitles" etc.

Sign in to follow this