You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
JediMasterDraco

RN DD Impressions

5 comments in this topic

[NGA-B]
Members
1,195 posts
7,604 battles

Well, I was hoping they'd stat detail all the RN DDs today, but it looks like either they decided to stop at tier VI or the guy running the dev blog fell asleep. Overall, here's what I've picked up from the line so far:

-Decent Guns with high fire chance for HE

-Powerful torpedoes, but somewhat slow and short-ranged

-Stealthy

-Similar smoke to the RN CLs

-Can trade Engine Boost for short-ranged, long-lasting Hydro at tier VI

[ARGSY]
Members
5,725 posts
3,912 battles
16 minutes ago, JediMasterDraco said:

Well, I was hoping they'd stat detail all the RN DDs today, but it looks like either they decided to stop at tier VI or the guy running the dev blog fell asleep. Overall, here's what I've picked up from the line so far:

-Decent Guns with high fire chance for HE

-Powerful torpedoes, but somewhat slow and short-ranged

-Stealthy

-Similar smoke to the RN CLs

-Can trade Engine Boost for short-ranged, long-lasting Hydro at tier VI

Maybe they figured we could discuss Tier II to VI for the rest of today and then they'd dish out the higher-tier things tomorrow.

[NGA-B]
Members
1,195 posts
7,604 battles
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Maybe they figured we could discuss Tier II to VI for the rest of today and then they'd dish out the higher-tier things tomorrow.

Eh, the only problem with that is that there has to be something really interesting about one of the first ones (like St. Louis for the US cruisers or V-170 for the German DDs). From what I've seen, lines only really start diverging around tier V and VI so at the present, there's not a whole lot to distinguish the Brit DDs from their counterparts. As near as I can tell, Brit DDs can either work towards setting fires with their HE, or ambushers using a torpedo broadside to devastate a target.

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles

Lotta radar these days, that might be why they cut it off where they did. They might want to see how things go before releasing info on them.

Lower lvl doesn't look extremely bad.

Not really excited about the mid lvls they've said so far.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
5,725 posts
3,912 battles

The low tiers are looking like fun. I suspect I'm gonna be crossing my fingers and hoping for port slots so I can keep a few.

I'm also hoping @LittleWhiteMouse does a whole-class review of the sort she did for the French battleships.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1