You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

32 comments in this topic

[1NJS]
Members
423 posts

Radar and WG please. I know your redoing CV and it will be completly different but intil then please make USA Midways great again.

With my t9 fighter I cant even catch IJN Torp bombers. Add to it the 5 percent speed boost why do you even have Midway in the game?

I am sure you have stats and stuff telling you things but in the real world Midway vs Haku is unwinnable for most of the player base. 

I am sure Fara and Fem have no problem but for us mear mortels its no fun and its rage quilting. Eather give me my t10 fighters back. Or take Midway out of the game, give me my free xp back that I have used and be done with it.

Please makes Midway great again!

• Cool 4
  • Bad 1

[TBW]
Members
6,350 posts
11,894 battles
29 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

rage quilting

Is that Quilting while you are mad? My mother does Quilting but she does it for relaxation.

• Funny 2
  • Bad 1

[AP-B]
Members
174 posts
1,512 battles

No, the previous 7 months Midway was stupidly strong. WG will not make the same mistake again 

• Cool 2
  • Bad 3

[TF03]
Members
739 posts
2,691 battles
39 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

Radar and WG please. I know your redoing CV and it will be completly different but intil then please make USA Midways great again.

With my t9 fighter I cant even catch IJN Torp bombers. Add to it the 5 percent speed boost why do you even have Midway in the game?

I am sure you have stats and stuff telling you things but in the real world Midway vs Haku is unwinnable for most of the player base. 

I am sure Fara and Fem have no problem but for us mear mortels its no fun and its rage quilting. Eather give me my t10 fighters back. Or take Midway out of the game, give me my free xp back that I have used and be done with it.

Please makes Midway great again!

WG won't do anything to make Midway great again they favour the IJN CV line to much, when they did the nerf on the hanger size a lot off people thought they would give Midway back tier 10 TB or at least tier 9 but they left them at tier 8.

If they did change something and the Midway was able to preform better then the Hakuryu the Hakuryu players would complain and the next update Midway would get nerfed again and i think Fem is a Hakuryu player.

With the new loadout for Hakuryu there is no real reason Midway can't get a buff to it's planes if you look at Hakuryu 3-3-2 it 15-12-10 planes and midway it's 2-2-2 or 14-12-14 planes so in that aspect they both have about the same amount of planes in the air 1 just has 2 more squads to control and Midway has 16 more planes. It's sad Midway is using the same TB as Lexington but WG will listen to Hakuryu players and not buff Midways planes to a higher tier to bring it to a more even ground.

They really do need to buff the planes on the Midway and bring them up to a tier/stats that they are able to compete with Hakuryu for air control and not run tier 8 planes that don't  last against a tier 10 ship.

• Cool 2

[TF03]
Members
739 posts
2,691 battles
1 minute ago, Berlimawurst said:

No, the previous 7 months Midway was stupidly strong. WG will not make the same mistake again 

How long has the IJN CV line been stupidly strong vs a US CV and the IJN line never get's touched or nerfed.

• Cool 3

[WOLF2]
Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles
7 minutes ago, ausanimal said:

How long has the IJN CV line been stupidly strong vs a US CV and the IJN line never get's touched or nerfed.

Ijn CVs, Midway, Enterprise, and Saipan are all quite strong, but you have to be good to make them stupid strong. Frankly, it seems like people won't be happy unless USN CVs make GZ look like a low salt alternative. The outcry for buffs should be coming for ranger, Lexington, and Essex.

[STP]
[STP]
Beta Testers
2,022 posts
11,126 battles

If they make the 'rework' the bbybies want midway and all cvs will become totaly useless.

Annnnnnyway, its not worth play midway now (and i have 800+ battles with mine), take a time without usn cv, wait they buff, play, they going nerf, take a time again, its the sad midway life in this game you can only enjoy a portion of time... well but this days with a lot AA you cant enjoy anytime.

[TF03]
Members
739 posts
2,691 battles

Haven't seen you both cometguy and HyenaHiena on the forum in a while guess that's what i get for taking a break, i would be happy if they gave from ranger up a 2nd fighter squad it would make a major difference in fighting for air control. Yer i got warned with the new cruiser split it's not worth taking CV out atm until it dies down a bit.

• Cool 1

[1NJS]
Members
423 posts
39 minutes ago, Berlimawurst said:

So they make it stupid week? How does that make scents?

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,783 posts
14,864 battles
17 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

So they make it stupid week? How does that make scents?

No, they made it stupidly weak, and that doesn't make sense. What county in Arkansas did you go to school in? Whichever one it was, have your parents write Hilary a letter and demand their tax money back, the government obviously misused it.

• Bad 1

[RKN]
Members
1,634 posts
3,352 battles

Why are people focused so much on the Midway nerfs? It would seem to me that if I was a USN CV player, I'd be asking for lex and ranger to get a 1/2/1 loadout.

Midway is balanced now, why don't we focus on stuff that is actually broken?

Edited by megadeux
I can't spell.

[NG-NL]
Members
4,964 posts
8,109 battles

Or you need to adjust your Midway playing style to work with what's available.

I have destroyed AA-specced ships before in Taiho, which is notorious for her TB being easily shredded by DF. W/ the bomber HP module, Midway's TB are tough vs. anything except a full AA build--and seeing how rare those are, you've good odds of getting at least a few viable targets.

I'd argue US CVs should have the option to specialize in just DB, let IJN CVs be the ones sticking to TB/DB for DoT approach while US does the alpha strike. 3/0/2 or 2/0/3 would be decent at Lexington once got the 1000lb. bombs. But we're waiting on the CV rework, so we're better off holding our horses until try it out.

[RKN]
Members
1,634 posts
3,352 battles
Just now, Reymu said:

I'd argue US CVs should have the option to specialize in just DB, let IJN CVs be the ones sticking to TB/DB for DoT approach while US does the alpha strike. 3/0/2 or 2/0/3 would be decent at Lexington once got the 1000lb. bombs. But we're waiting on the CV rework, so we're better off holding our horses until try it out.

I would like this idea, but right now IJN DBs are actually preferable for the DoT utility. If we want DBs to be the USN strength, the drop patter on the HE DBs should match the pattern that the AP bombs have.

Also 3/0/2 and 2/0/2 would be awful to play against, IMO the best thing to do for CV health right now would be to remove all the CVs fighter specs. Right now they're just a noob magnet that makes life miserable for CV players who actually want to learn.

[ARP2]
Members
1,224 posts
3,566 battles

Remember when Midway had jet aircraft?  Those were the days.

Members
1,871 posts
5,656 battles

I just wish personally that Midway and Essex would actually have tier-matching aircraft. At this rate, can we even call Essex and Midway tier 9 and 10 CVs? Most of their planes are not even their proper tiers.

It peeves me to no end when I see that Saipan has the same fighters as Midway but better torpedo bombers, as well as having outright better fighters and torpedo bombers than Essex.

IMO, I'm fine with Midway having the tier 8 torpedo bombers and the slight hanger reserves nerf, but I really don't know why WG decided that Hakuryu needed a third fighter squadron or why Midway couldn't get her tier 10 fighters back as a result.

Personally, I would either give Midway two of the following buffs in exchange for Hakuryu's additional fighter:

• a torpedo bomber buff to tier 9 (not tier 10 though, since we all know how that worked out before)
  • give her back her tier 10 fighters
  • give her back her reserves

As it stands though, it's obvious that American carriers (and, to an extent, Japanese destroyers) are the exiled black sheep of the WoWs family. It's only really the premium USN ships that can reasonably compete with their non-USN counterparts, and unlike the tech tree USN CVs which have no way of competing with the premium CVs, IJN tech tree CVs are more than capable of handling premium carriers.

I mean, the disparity is shown even more in the legendary upgrades: Midway has to sacrifice a not insignificant amount of plane speed in order to get a small health boost while Hakuryu just gets a straight-up buff.

Everyone complains about how Midway's 12 torpedo bombers are OP, but no one notices how Hakuryu has the same number of torpedoes while also having faster and more durable bombers as well as more squadrons, meaning that it's harder to focus them down. And if anyone wants to mention how the USN gets access to the bomber health module and fighter module to balance the disparity, I must also point out that the IJN also gets access to the same upgrades while not sacrificing anything related to the quality of their planes.

Finally, it also annoys me how WG seems to take a rather disproportionate interest in ensuring that IJN CVs can compete with their USN counterparts while said USN counterparts are left to rot in the dust. Ranger and Lexington—and to a lesser extend Essex and Independence—have been inferior to the IJN for a long time, and WG shows no sign of fixing them. Meanwhile, Midway finally rises up from the ashes and immediately gets smacked down by the nerf-hammer, with Hakuryu simultaneously getting a buff as if just to spite Midway. It's actions like these that make me question if WG is even trying to balance the different nations' CVs.

Add to this Graf Zeppelin, which historically was not only an atrocity of naval aviation engineering but also never completed, manages to make both Shokaku and Lexington, both of which have FAR better service records than Graf Zeppelin, look like fools and even can compete with Enterprise of all ships.

Our only hope at this stage, given that WG has demonstrated either its complete disinterest or inability to balance these lines, is the upcoming CV rework, but lord knows how long that will take, let alone if it'll even solve these problems.

• Cool 3

[STP]
[STP]
Beta Testers
2,022 posts
11,126 battles
1 hour ago, ausanimal said:

Haven't seen you both cometguy and HyenaHiena on the forum in a while guess that's what i get for taking a break, i would be happy if they gave from ranger up a 2nd fighter squad it would make a major difference in fighting for air control. Yer i got warned with the new cruiser split it's not worth taking CV out atm until it dies down a bit.

I'm trying stop play this game...

[TF03]
Members
739 posts
2,691 battles
37 minutes ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

Our only hope at this stage, given that WG has demonstrated either its complete disinterest or inability to balance these lines, is the upcoming CV rework, but lord knows how long that will take, let alone if it'll even solve these problems.

As much as people might say it's not the case or it's not true WG will do anything for IJN CV players even more for Hakuryu players and even though US CV players ask time after time for WG to fix Ranger and Lexington they just turn a blind eye to it and act like there is no problem with them. If anyone needs the perfect example of WG bending over backwards for Hakuryu players just look at clear sky and the reason they changed it to King of the Air, IJN CV are WG secret love child and come the rework when it happens it will be interesting to see how they  balance the 2 lines.

[AP-B]
Members
174 posts
1,512 battles
2 hours ago, ausanimal said:

IJN T10 CV was stronger than Midway for a long time, but Midway had been stronger than any other T10 ships for more than half an year. It bumped the CV avg stats to a new height since 2016. 

Thnaks Saber1979 for source

6382CC4C-1853-41C0-8640-9777A5C76AF0.jpeg

Edited by Berlimawurst
  • Cool 1

[OO7]
Alpha Tester
6,700 posts
3,468 battles

The Midway was only buffed from December to April...

[AP-B]
Members
174 posts
1,512 battles
2 hours ago, HyenaHiena said:

If they make the 'rework' the bbybies want midway and all cvs will become totaly useless.

Annnnnnyway, its not worth play midway now (and i have 800+ battles with mine), take a time without usn cv, wait they buff, play, they going nerf, take a time again, its the sad midway life in this game you can only enjoy a portion of time... well but this days with a lot AA you cant enjoy anytime.

I am pretty sure that a ship (or ship class) that can do upto 50% more XP on average than another class(DD) could be more enjoyable for sure. A guilty pleasure indeed. 

• Cool 1

[AP-B]
Members
174 posts
1,512 battles
2 minutes ago, Madwolf05 said:

The Midway was only buffed from December to April...

Regardless that’s a solid 5 month of killing spree time.

• Cool 1

[1NJS]
Members
423 posts
1 hour ago, ausanimal said:

WG won't do anything to make Midway great again they favour the IJN CV line to much, when they did the nerf on the hanger size a lot off people thought they would give Midway back tier 10 TB or at least tier 9 but they left them at tier 8.

If they did change something and the Midway was able to preform better then the Hakuryu the Hakuryu players would complain and the next update Midway would get nerfed again and i think Fem is a Hakuryu player.

With the new loadout for Hakuryu there is no real reason Midway can't get a buff to it's planes if you look at Hakuryu 3-3-2 it 15-12-10 planes and midway it's 2-2-2 or 14-12-14 planes so in that aspect they both have about the same amount of planes in the air 1 just has 2 more squads to control and Midway has 16 more planes. It's sad Midway is using the same TB as Lexington but WG will listen to Hakuryu players and not buff Midways planes to a higher tier to bring it to a more even ground.

They really do need to buff the planes on the Midway and bring them up to a tier/stats that they are able to compete with Hakuryu for air control and not run tier 8 planes that don't  last against a tier 10 ship.

All great points. The challenge I am seeing is there speed. I cant even catch torp planes. If I can't shoot down the strike what good is the cv?

Its not hard. Give me the t10 because after all I worked up to t10 I deserve that much. There planes are stilk faster and they take off faster that is good enough. The idea that us is slower w with less planes I am stronger and lover reload is a good idea. 

Now I reload much slower. My planes are ALOT slower and now there fighter are t11 and mine t9 how is this balanced?

WG listen please t10 was perfict now you are messing with it and it can only turn out badly. Please leave it alone.

[1NJS]
Members
423 posts
13 minutes ago, Berlimawurst said:

Vs 2 year for ijn

[TF03]
Members
739 posts
2,691 battles
19 minutes ago, Berlimawurst said:

Play US CV and get to tier 7 or 8 and play a few matches against the CV you will face then come back and tell us if you still feel the same way. US CV players go though a lot of crap CV, struggle to compete with other CV and pretty much the underdog of the match ups, the Midway was the only CV that gave IJN CV a run for it money and was worth the grind to get it. Now with how bad WG has nerfed the Midway because of IJN CV players it's sad and ill list out the point's why if i'm wrong correct me

1. Midway struggles so it gets a buff to it's planes.

2. Hakuryu players and other players complain it's to strong with the planes it has and the hanger size so WG reduces the tier of Midway planes and drops the tier down to tier 8 for TB and tier 9 for fighters because of Midway hanger size it can afford the lose of planes due to low tier planes.

3. Hakuryu players complain they can't get clear sky when they vs a Midway so they change it to King of the AIr and screw every other tier over getting it but at least Hakuryu players are happy.

4. Midway can outlast a Hakuryu due to it's hanger size even though Hakuryu has tier 10 planes they still lose to Midway so they nerf the hanger size and to make sure Hakuryu can has the advantage they give it a buff to it's loadout.

So in a short span of 4-5 months they buffed the Midway then nerfed the hell out off it but IJN CV can be stronger for a longer period and WG do's nothing to balance it out with US CV, all WG has done is nerf the midway to a point it's weaker the Hakuryu. They didn't change any of the planes tier back after hanger nerf even though Hakuryu is using the same amount of planes as midway 3x4=12 Hakuryu, 2x6=12 midway so both have 12 TB in the air but one can cross drop better and have tier 10 TB and the other has tier 8 TB how is that balance.