CallMe_Speshul_Dave

CLOSED : MY BAD (was salty because it was an unintended word taken out of context )

14 comments in this topic

Members
53 posts
2,594 battles

So , I got chat banned for writing that "someone" is soo good ,that she rapes everyone while in a CV .

How is this derogatory and why does this constitute a chat ban ?

I raised a ticket and the guy wont even read or provide the chat history. 

EDIT : OKAY MY BAD , but the thing is my message in game also said that it was a poor choice of word as soon as i said it. 

All i have to say here is CONTEXT Matters . craphappens and chat strikes are not the solution for these issues and should be thoroughly evaulated 

Edited by CallMe_Speshul_Dave
  • Cool 2
  • Bad 4
  • Angry 2

[TBW]
Members
6,342 posts
11,884 battles

So what, now you're trying for another one? There are better descriptive words you could have used.

Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Cool 1

[HINON]
Members
8,838 posts

Submit a support ticket, this isnt the place to discuss chat bans.

[FACT]
Members
523 posts
5,794 battles
18 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

So what, now you're trying for another one? There are better descriptive words you could have used.

As stated by S/dawg, your choice of descriptive word was 'poor' (Lousy would be better).

The origin of the word (Old English, some French and Greek Latin) means 'To seize, take or carry off by force'. or did you mean:

Femm is so good with a CV that said lady was killing your ship by dropping Brassica napus mustard (family) (known as [edited]) plants on your ship?  

It was a bad choice of word.  

[SYN]
Members
326 posts
5,991 battles

Amazing that someone has to ask about this.  Do these people ever socialize in normal ways?

[WOLF2]
Members
760 posts
7,021 battles
28 minutes ago, CallMe_Speshul_Dave said:

So , I got chat banned for writing that Femennenly is soo good ,that she rapes everyone while in a CV .

Honestly - if you really need someone to explain this to you, its likely better that the rest of us aren't subjected to anything else you might like to type into chat.

I liberally sprinkle chat with F-bombs, and derision (when justified) - and have never received a chat ban - not once in ~6500 matches.

However - there are lines I don't cross.  Politics, religion, sexism, racism - just as when conversing in polite society, for better or worse, wrong or right - society has mores around what is acceptable, and what isn't.

As you grow up - you're going to find that using a word that describes a violent, criminal act - almost exclusively committed by men against women - to describe something good, is detestable and worthy of the harshest judgement by your intellectual (and better adjusted) superiors.

You earned your ban - learn from it.  If you were to use that term IRL within my hearing - I would immediately judge you of low moral fiber,  low IQ, and displaying poor decision making skills - despite any other evidence to the contrary.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[LHG]
Members
1,618 posts
4,887 battles
49 minutes ago, CallMe_Speshul_Dave said:

So , I got chat banned for writing that Femennenly is soo good ,that she rapes everyone while in a CV .

If you don't know what the problem is, having someone else tell you that you are a $#@%^$%&$!!!! piece of #!^@#@#%$%Y% who deserves a whole load of !@%!$^!#^@&@$ dropped on his head, then your an !@%!^@!%%%$^%@@ and are too @!%!^@#@%%@ for an explanation to likely make any difference. 

For reference though, don't ever EVER use that word to describe ANYTHING other than the actual act it exists to describe.  EVER!!!

Clear enough for you you loathsome piece of !@$!%!@%!!~!!! ?

Edited by BB3_Oregon_Steel
  • Cool 1
  • Bad 2

Members
2,218 posts
6,194 battles

npCY1WD.jpg

I'm fairly sure there is some rules about whinging on the forums about disciplinary penalties. Honestly, you shouldn't use that particular word..... there is a plethora of other curse words to use instead that won't get you reported nearly as much. be creative and set a higher bar rather than being the lowest common denominator

• Cool 1

Members
53 posts
2,594 battles

It was a bad choice of word i get it, but i cant revoke it in chat can i ? I literally even wrote it was a bad word in the same conversation as the chat FFS.  How does this constitute a ban. 

You can take anything out of context and it will be derogatory.

Yes it was a poor choice of word but context matters too 

• Boring 1
  • Bad 1

Members
53 posts
2,594 battles
14 minutes ago, BB3_Oregon_Steel said:

If you don't know what the problem is, having someone else tell you that you are a $#@%^$%&$!!!! piece of #!^@#@#%$%Y% who deserves a whole load of !@%!$^!#^@&@$ dropped on his head, then your an !@%!^@!%%%$^%@@ and are too @!%!^@#@%%@ for an explanation to likely make any difference. 

For reference though, don't ever EVER use that word to describe ANYTHING other than the actual act it exists to describe.  EVER!!!

Clear enough for you you loathsome piece of !@$!%!@%!!~!!! ?

Thank you for your enlightenment. fk it i am moving on . It was a poor choice or word but I dont think it requires a chat strike and a ban because it was out of context. 

• Bad 2
  • Angry 1

[NAVY]
Members
999 posts
3,720 battles
1 hour ago, CallMe_Speshul_Dave said:

7 minutes ago, CallMe_Speshul_Dave said:

It was a bad choice of word i get it, but i cant revoke it in chat can i ? I literally even wrote it was a bad word in the same conversation as the chat FFS.  How does this constitute a ban. 

You can take anything out of context and it will be derogatory.

Yes it was a poor choice of word but context matters too 

4 minutes ago, CallMe_Speshul_Dave said:

Thank you for your enlightenment. fk it i am moving on . It was a poor choice or word but I dont think it requires a chat strike and a ban because it was out of context. 

As with anything in life, if you screw up and make a mistake, just take personal responsibility for your actions and learn from said mistake.

Trying to defend what you said and get out of a chat ban is just making it worse.

• Cool 1

[WGA]
Administrator
40 posts
2,472 battles

Locking this topic as there is nothing game related in this content.