You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
WES_HoundDog

Fixed Matchmaker?

5 comments in this topic

Members
462 posts
8,499 battles

So a while back i saw patch notes that i believe said.   If there were 2 of the same type of ship in a cue that the matchmaker would split them up one on each side.     Did this fix actually go live or am i missing something because if so, htf did this happen?

Spoiler

mz5W4V5.jpg

Not that i'm complaining, just curious...

Edited by WES_HoundDog

[EQRN]
Members
344 posts
8,961 battles

Class, not specific ship.

plus, if MM can’t match ship tier/class after 3 minutes, the old MM kicks in.  Mind this is 3 minutes for *someone*, not necessarily *you*.  I once got old MM after only waiting a few seconds, meaning another player, not me, had been waiting for 3 minutes.

Edited by FrodoFraggin

[HINON]
Members
9,039 posts

That change never came to the live server afaik. Also some rules get tossed out if the MM has waited a certain number of minutes or a CV has been in the queue for more than 5 minutes.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,803 posts
15,265 battles
2 hours ago, WES_HoundDog said:

If there were 2 of the same type of ship in a cue that the matchmaker would split them up one on each side

That was a few patches ago. Trouble is, each following patch has to re-do that MM instruction or it falls out the bottom, and this one did just a patch or two after that. 

2 hours ago, FrodoFraggin said:

Class, not specific ship.

No, it was specific ships; it just went away after a patch or two for ... reasons.

55 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Also some rules get tossed out if the MM has waited a certain number of minutes or a CV has been in the queue for more than 5 minutes.

This is certainly true and seems to be able to override almost every other MM instruction.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,112 posts
12,671 battles

I think they did put a soft preference in the MM for it to try to break pairs of same-nation/same-tier ships (so you didn't get all IJN DDs vs. all KM ones).

However, Baltimore and Cleveland are both US cruisers, so they look the same under that rule. From there, it's just chance that the Baltimores ended up on one side, and the Clevelands on the other.

The Normandies are all divisioned, so there was no way for MM to split them up even if it wanted.

I'm not sure what happened with the Colorados vs. Lyons. Maybe the nation rule only applied to DDs or something, I don't remember that level of specifics.