You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
renegadestatuz

Dev Blog - ST Tier 5 RN DD Acasta

25 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Supertester
7,522 posts
7,578 battles

ST, British destroyer Acasta, tier V

Hit points – 11200. Plating - 10 mm.

Main battery - 4x1 120 mm. Firing range – 11.1 km. Maximum HE shell damage – 1700. Chance to cause fire – 8%. Maximum AP shell damage - 2100. Reload time - 5 s. 180 degree turn time - 18 s. Maximum dispersion - 98 m. HE initial velocity - 808 m/s. AP initial velocity - 808 m/s. Sigma value – 2.0.

Torpedo tubes - 2x4 533 mm. Maximum damage - 11967. Range - 6.0 km. Speed - 59 kt. Reload time - 95 s. Launcher 180 degree turn time – 7.2 s. Torpedo detectability - 1.2 km.

Instead of choosing between wide and narrow spreads, captains can choose to fire off individual torpedoes or expend the entire launcher at once.

Maximum speed - 35 kt. Turning circle radius - 540 m. Rudder shift time – 2,9 s. Surface detectability – 6,8 km. Air detectability – 3.2 km. Detectability after firing main guns in smoke – 2,4 km.

Available consumables:

Slot 1 - Damage Control Party

Slot 2 - Smoke Generator

Emission time 15 s;
Duration time 96 s;
Cooldown 240 s and 160 s for Smoke Generator II;
Charges 2 and 3 for Smoke Generator II;
Radius - 600 m.
Slot 3 - Engine Boost

All stats are listed without crew and upgrade modifiers but with best available modules. The stats are subject to change during the testing.

47803570-FC8B-442E-8E78-52F9BA51C657.jpeg

[HINON]
Members
1,491 posts
14,550 battles
15 minutes ago, renegadestatuz said:

Emission time 15 s;
Duration time 96 s;
Cooldown 240 s and 160 s for Smoke Generator II;
Charges 2 and 3 for Smoke Generator II;

pTGorqr.jpg

ZHFM7rE.jpg

Smoke duration seems to be in the middle between the USN and the normal T5. 

Slightly shorter emission time though. 

Edited by Jnobsir

[HINON]
Supertester
7,522 posts
7,578 battles
1 minute ago, Jnobsir said:

pTGorqr.jpg

ZHFM7rE.jpg

Smoke duration seems to be in the middle between the USN and the normal T5. 

Slightly shorter emission time though. 

I can dig it.

Members
1,248 posts
737 battles

Isn’t this the A-class destroyer, the same class that Anthony belongs in? I suppose they’ll bring her back as a premium?

[HELLS]
Members
1,692 posts
15,324 battles

Class ship with HMS Anthony which we saw in the Dunkirk scenarios, a ship which played respectably in those historical scenarios. There should not be that much to change, really. Lost in action along with sister ship HMS Ardent and CV HMS Glorious  in action with Scharnorst and Gneisenau during the British evacuation from Norway on June 8, 1940. It fits at TV. This will be a while coming I imagine....I shall have to stock up on reserve 10-point RN captains again....WG is giving this old guy fits with grinding captains and ship XP lately....

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,020 posts
11,539 battles

I'm glad I have a 19 point RN captain ready for DDs.  When they gave me Jack Dunkirk for my Belfast, my old 19 pointer had to go somewhere...I chose Gallant lol

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,693 posts
10,025 battles

No special AP so far raises questions for how they'll handle the 'Akizuki syndrome' high tiers with 114mm guns and mandatory IFHE - though those ships are more torpedo oriented than Aki with more demand for skills.

[BEWBS]
Beta Testers
12 posts
1,726 battles

HE with CL style AP would be interesting flavor to play with. Not sure how it would end doing though.

[HYDRO]
Members
1,329 posts
3,669 battles
16 minutes ago, mofton said:

No special AP so far raises questions for how they'll handle the 'Akizuki syndrome' high tiers with 114mm guns and mandatory IFHE - though those ships are more torpedo oriented than Aki with more demand for skills.

Isn't 19mm the superstructure of most ships anyway? I think 114mm is barely capable to damage that.

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles

With all the radar in game, why in earth would they come out with a new DD line?

I can understand T2-T4, but a T5?

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[HINON]
Supertester
7,522 posts
7,578 battles
1 minute ago, Wulfgarn said:

With all the radar in game, why in earth would they come out with a new DD line?

The tier 6 is where they start to get hydro and fun lol

[CUTE]
Members
5,159 posts
3,436 battles
10 minutes ago, renegadestatuz said:

The tier 6 is where they start to get hydro and fun lol

I didn't see hydro mentioned on the T6 Dev blog post. Just smoke and a boost.

[HINON]
Supertester
7,522 posts
7,578 battles
1 minute ago, Canadatron said:

I didn't see hydro mentioned on the T6 Dev blog post. Just smoke and a boost.

Look again at Slot 3.

[CUTE]
Members
5,159 posts
3,436 battles
3 minutes ago, renegadestatuz said:

Look again at Slot 3.

Wow. It's pretty pitiful. 1.89km torps and 2.7km ships detect. Kinda underwhelming really. I get that its T6 and all but it's the same distance as your in smoke firing detect...

[HINON]
Supertester
7,522 posts
7,578 battles
21 minutes ago, Canadatron said:

Wow. It's pretty pitiful. 1.89km torps and 2.7km ships detect. Kinda underwhelming really. I get that its T6 and all but it's the same distance as your in smoke firing detect...

Yeah I don’t really know the point of it.

• Cool 1

[KP]
Members
2,005 posts
18,484 battles
55 minutes ago, Wulfgarn said:

With torps shorter range than conceal just what we all have been wanting so so badly.

;)

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
5,828 posts
3,974 battles
2 hours ago, IronMike11B4O said:

With torps shorter range than conceal just what we all have been wanting so so badly.

;)

You never drove American destroyers? :Smile_teethhappy:

Members
702 posts
9,924 battles
4 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

You never drove American destroyers? :Smile_teethhappy:

^This!!!

[S0L0]
Members
855 posts
4,671 battles
10 hours ago, mofton said:

I think that the RN DD's are one of the reasons they are floating the idea of reducing top tier DD armor. Make the DD guys feel good about it by reducing the number of BB pen's they have to eat, and make the load easier on WG with regards to balancing the higher tier RN (and high tier Pan-American :fingers crossed: ) DD's and their low caliber guns.

Matt

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,693 posts
10,025 battles
1 minute ago, mobryan said:

I think that the RN DD's are one of the reasons they are floating the idea of reducing top tier DD armor. Make the DD guys feel good about it by reducing the number of BB pen's they have to eat, and make the load easier on WG with regards to balancing the higher tier RN (and high tier Pan-American :fingers crossed: ) DD's and their low caliber guns.

Matt

Could be, but I think it's a pretty tremendously bad idea to implement that 13mm change. In order to 'correct' for BB AP penetrations they add huge vulnerability to all the 105-100mm secondaries prevalent at high tiers, ruin the ability of KM DD to penetrate other destroyers and just about fix the problem.

That's like me deciding the only way to deal with my leaky roof in the car is to turn it into a convertible...

It would solve the issue for the RN, but makes balance hard. If the 13mm change doesn't go through then Daring ends up as Gearing with worse torpedoes and needing to waste 4 skill points just to fight destroyers? The Battle will end up the same vs. Fletcher.

[ARGSY]
Members
5,828 posts
3,974 battles
12 minutes ago, Wulfgarn said:

Does he actually do a good job of it, or is his world ending tomorrow if they don't all get Akizuki guns and Shimakaze torps?

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles
Just now, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Does he actually do a good job of it, or is his world ending tomorrow if they don't all get Akizuki guns and Shimakaze torps?

Every swinging dik here has an opinion, I dont see why he can't. :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1