You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Lord_Magus

DEV BLOG: ST, British destroyer Medea, tier II

18 comments in this topic

[VVV]
Members
2,399 posts
ST, British destroyer Medea, tier II

Hit points – 8700. Plating - 6 mm.

Main battery - 3x1 102 mm. Firing range – 8.8 km. Maximum HE shell damage – 1500. Chance to cause fire – 6%. Maximum AP shell damage - 1800. Reload time - 5s. 180 degree turn time - 18 s. Maximum dispersion - 81 m. HE initial velocity - 811 m/s. AP initial velocity - 811 m/s. Sigma value – 2.0.

Torpedo tubes - 2x2 533 mm. Maximum damage - 10000. Range - 6.0 km. Speed - 53 kt. Reload time - 53 s. Launcher 180 degree turn time – 7.2 s. Torpedo detectability - 1.1 km.

Instead of choosing between wide and narrow spreads, captains can choose to fire off individual torpedoes or expend the entire launcher at once.

Maximum speed - 32 kt. Turning circle radius - 460 m. Rudder shift time – 2,3 s. Surface detectability – 5,4 km. Air detectability – 2,4 km. Detectability after firing main guns in smoke – 1,7 km.

Available consumables:

Slot 1 - Damage Control Party

Slot 2 - Smoke Generator

Emission time 15 s;
Duration time 85 s;
Cooldown 240 s and 160 s for Smoke Generator II;
Charges 2 and 3 for Smoke Generator II;
Radius - 600 m.
Slot 3 - Engine Boost

All stats are listed without crew and upgrade modifiers but with best available modules. The stats are subject to change during the testing.

35901345_2098484813811188_83537188210134

[POP]
Members
839 posts
9,479 battles

Woah, she doesn't have premium camo, so its the start of the RN DD line?!?!!

Awesome!

[CUTE]
Members
5,152 posts
3,430 battles
2 minutes ago, Gerbertz said:

Woah, she doesn't have premium camo, so its the start of the RN DD line?!?!!

Awesome!

Yep, sure looks like it. Besides,  a T2 premium wouldn't probably be their path at this point.

It'll take more than a T2 DD to get me hoping, but nice to see some movement.

Supertester
1,463 posts
16 battles

Acasta and Laforey are better picks for the regular. More common and well known classes of RN DD with more opportunity for upgrades, rather than just a class of 4 similar Greek DDs taken over.

Not to mention that this thing looks slightly under V25 levels of OP, have a little compare to Phra Ruang for example. I would hope that this ship ends up as a T3 premium really.

• Cool 1

[CUTE]
Members
5,152 posts
3,430 battles
1 minute ago, Trainspite said:

Acasta and Laforey are better picks for the regular. More common and well known classes of RN DD with more opportunity for upgrades, rather than just a class of 4 similar Greek DDs taken over.

Not to mention that this thing looks slightly under V25 levels of OP, have a little compare to Phra Ruang for example. I would hope that this ship ends up as a T3 premium really.

You should be aware of the powercreep game by this point. I would not be surprised if they make them a little better, they have released weak not well received Destroyer lines in the past and I think they dont want to do that with the British. The template I was under the understanding they were following for the RN DD is:

Good maneuvering, good fire %, good stealth, and this seems to meet that. For only 2 torps in that launcher 53 seconds is longish for a reload.

Royal Navy already has a T3 Premium DD in Campbellton, I don't believe they would add a second in such a low tier before having much else to offer the players.

[ARGSY]
Members
5,783 posts
3,942 battles
29 minutes ago, Lord_Magus said:

Instead of choosing between wide and narrow spreads, captains can choose to fire off individual torpedoes or expend the entire launcher at once.

I wonder if we get the narrow spread of the Gallant or the wide spread of the Vampire. Given that there are two torps in the launcher, my guess would be a narrow(ish) spread.

I am SO stoked for this thing. If she comes out as a T2 premium, she can keep my Tachibana and Smith company.

Supertester
1,463 posts
16 battles
6 minutes ago, Canadatron said:

You should be aware of the powercreep game by this point. I would not be surprised if they make them a little better, they have released weak not well received Destroyer lines in the past and I think they dont want to do that with the British. The template I was under the understanding they were following for the RN DD is:

Good maneuvering, good fire %, good stealth, and this seems to meet that. For only 2 torps in that launcher 53 seconds is longish for a reload.

Royal Navy already has a T3 Premium DD in Campbellton, I don't believe they would add a second in such a low tier before having much else to offer the players.

I am aware of it, doesn't mean I will let it slide by without having a go at it. 

Given that Valkyrie is revealed, Medea seems to be the tier 2 regular. The trend seems to be the less relevant classes, 1 tier too low. Can't really say I approve.

53s does seem excessive, but it is still a very capable gunboat, with the same ridiculous concealment as V25. The RN DD trends should really be as more torpedo focused USN DDs. 

The USN already has lots of premium BBs and Cruisers, doesn't stop people asking for more. Besides, the RN can get it's own Phra Ruang, the Admiralty M, R and S classes are suited to tier 3. 

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
1,940 posts

So it's confirmed then, British DDs are next. About bloody time! :Smile_izmena:

Edited by Wolcott

[VVV]
Members
2,399 posts

I'm kinda surprised by a requisitioned Greek ship being in the RN DD line when a whole assortment of near-identical M class DDs that were meant for the RN from the start were available.

I do approve of the name though.

[VVV]
Members
2,399 posts
5 minutes ago, Trainspite said:

Given that Valkyrie is revealed, Medea seems to be the tier 2 regular. The trend seems to be the less relevant classes, 1 tier too low. Can't really say I approve.

I don't really have a problem with Medea at T2 but Valkyrie was my pick for T4. After all she's Vampire's sister ship but without the removed torp launcher.

WG seems to have gone with her as-built configuration with 2x2 instead of 2x3 but it's still the same gunpower as Vampire plus 1 extra torp (in a more flexible layout at that).

[ISLA]
Beta Testers
332 posts
7,047 battles

so i think its going to down like this usa CL/ IJN dd slit finish/ british DD line

Supertester
1,463 posts
16 battles
7 minutes ago, Lord_Magus said:

I don't really have a problem with Medea at T2 but Valkyrie was my pick for T4. After all she's Vampire's sister ship but without the removed torp launcher.

WG seems to have gone with her as-built configuration with 2x2 instead of 2x3 but it's still the same gunpower as Vampire plus 1 extra torp (in a more flexible layout at that).

It seems so. Valkyrie seems more apt for the T4 spot in a Destroyer Leader line to me, with her non leader brethren taking the T4 regular spot. 

I'm guessing from the trend of less relevant and a tier too low, that a Thornycroft modified V/W is up next. And then an early interwar standard.

[CUTE]
Members
5,152 posts
3,430 battles
5 minutes ago, Trainspite said:

I am aware of it, doesn't mean I will let it slide by without having a go at it. 

53s does seem excessive, but it is still a very capable gunboat, with the same ridiculous concealment as V25. The RN DD trends should really be as more torpedo focused USN DDs. 

The USN already has lots of premium BBs and Cruisers, doesn't stop people asking for more. Besides, the RN can get it's own Phra Ruang, the Admiralty M, R and S classes are suited to tier 3. 

I don't disagree with your feelings on powercreep and how it puts pressure on the rest of the game. 

I too thought they would make a line similar to USN with torps favouring over guns but they seem to be a "more different" USN style ship with the option of those single firing torps. 

The torp reloads on RN DD so far have been kinda greasy, especially when you dont reload the launcher until all the torps are in the water.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,268 posts

Single fire torps needed the entire line... it's an in-game novelty for the RN lines. Thank you. 

[GRFOX]
Members
2,226 posts
4,521 battles

Valkyrie is tier 3 so yes finally the RN DD line is here!

Should be the quickest test and introduction of a line ever. Most are in the game already.

Edited by GreyFox78659

[_USS_]
[_USS_]
Members
284 posts
9,101 battles

what??? No radar???

[WLDD]
Beta Testers
318 posts
4,909 battles
43 minutes ago, Gary_P said:

what??? No radar???

The gimmick consumables usually don't come in to play until the upper mid-tiers.

That said, I'm excited to see that the RN DD line is finally materializing in Warships.