Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Maetel

new german bb tier vi

15 comments in this topic

[-AA-]
Beta Testers
297 posts
2,039 battles

ST, German battleship Prinz Eitel Friedrich, Tier VI

Hit points – 52 300. Plating - 25 mm. Armor belt – 300 mm. Torpedo damage reduction – 27%.

Main battery - 4x2 350 mm. Firing range – 17.8 km. Maximum HE shell damage – 4000. Chance to cause fire – 27%. Maximum AP shell damage - 10500. Reload time - 24 s. 180 degree turn time - 30 s. Maximum dispersion - 241 m. HE initial velocity - 815 m/s. AP initial velocity - 815 m/s. Sigma value – 2.0.

...See More
Image may contain: ocean, sky, outdoor and water
  • Cool 1

Members
1,779 posts
17,360 battles
4 hours ago, monpetitloup said:

Just intime for next ranked season maybe?

I'm getting the idea that steel is going to be obtainable in ranked & don't expect to see any lower tier ranked in the future (or people will be complaining about how easy it is to get steel for the Stalingrad).

Members
91 posts
1,811 battles

Well I would really enjoy a tier 6 ranked season.

This new battleship does look interesting, but I already have Sharnhorst so I might pass on this one. I already own to much premium battleships.

[VW]
Members
1,828 posts
12,269 battles
11 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

I'm getting the idea that steel is going to be obtainable in ranked & don't expect to see any lower tier ranked in the future (or people will be complaining about how easy it is to get steel for the Stalingrad).

While you may be right, the logic doesn’t make sense since there have been lower tier ranked in the past all of which contribute  steel. I would argue that ranking out in low tiers is actually harder given the ease of access and therefore increase in potatoery.

Edited by monpetitloup

[MLPVA]
Members
121 posts
2,775 battles

Potential premium battlecruiser? Paint me interested. 300mm main armor belt to the Bayern's 350mm belt. Smaller main gun caliber, 350mm to Bayern's 380mm rifles, with a drastically faster rate of fire. Faster too, by about 3 knots. Tack a Sierra Mike flag on, bring her speed up close to 30 knots.

I am very interested.

Edited by DarfTarts421

Members
1,779 posts
17,360 battles

Actually the climb to rank 10 may vary but I think the T10 from rank 10-1 will stay...at least if steel is obtainable through ranked battles...but that is just my opinion & I have no "insider" info on it one way or the other.

Members
4 posts
1,185 battles

And of course, they had to make it a "what if" 1930s refit instead of the historically accurate ship. Instant garbage.

Seriously WG what is wrong with you?

[JACK]
Members
35 posts
13,401 battles

she looks cool to me ! I hope in future we will see the Lutzow at tier 5 in her historic form of course with improved AA we have to many cvs to make her workable with out a good  AA sweet . or perhaps the old iron Dog her self the Derfflinger of course I would want her as close to her WW1 lay out as they can make her and still give her good AA . 

Members
252 posts
1,781 battles

I'm more concerned with the aerodynamics of the AP shell than modernized versions of Mackensen. 35cm gun didn't get modernized AP.
The 35cm (13.78in) gun fired a slightly more aerodynamic shell compared to the Bayern's 38cm gun. L/3.6 vs L/3.5.
So hopefully the shells don't lose quite as much pen at distance for the caliber like Bayern does... (maybe WG make the AP great, regardless)

Members
1,507 posts
7,931 battles

Hey

Hopefully we can get a German BB with Dispersion and gun accuracy that they deserve; given the historical fact that German accuracy was among the very best especially in the WW1 to WW2 era.  The battle of Jutland proved German accuracy was double that of the RN and the ships were much better in almost every way.  Give the Konig it's 2.0 sigma back!

Pete

[ANKER]
Members
229 posts
3,542 battles
3 hours ago, sasquatch_research said:

Hey

Hopefully we can get a German BB with Dispersion and gun accuracy that they deserve; given the historical fact that German accuracy was among the very best especially in the WW1 to WW2 era.  The battle of Jutland proved German accuracy was double that of the RN and the ships were much better in almost every way.  Give the Konig it's 2.0 sigma back!

Pete

Jutland was a barfight not a shootout, accuracy was not a significant contributing factor. 
Armor was a significant deciding factor, where the British were unable to take the damage the Germans pushed out due to their battlecruisers lacking in armor. The Germans stuck with tried and true heavy armor protecting vitals. 
Konig was also overpowered. High reload rate, good armor, good speed, and good accuracy? Please.

Members
1,507 posts
7,931 battles
5 hours ago, Seniorious said:

Jutland was a barfight not a shootout, accuracy was not a significant contributing factor. 
Armor was a significant deciding factor, where the British were unable to take the damage the Germans pushed out due to their battlecruisers lacking in armor. The Germans stuck with tried and true heavy armor protecting vitals. 
Konig was also overpowered. High reload rate, good armor, good speed, and good accuracy? Please.

Hey

Konig was OP?  Really, then what about Giulio Cesare which is more than a match for the current Konig (or anyone else for that matter).  Konig had the same 30 sec. reload, same as any other, good armor (yes), good speed (comparable - Giulio, Kongo), Good accuracy, was 2.0 then got nerf'd to present sigma.  No complaining about the 2.0 sigma on the Warspite, not to mention it's great heal.  

As for Jutland; history is clear, both side took a beating but the Germans were better shots by 2 to 1 and the RN lost how many ships 3 to Germany's Zero.  They were also out numbered but yet it was proven they had better ships, better guns and better accuracy.  

Pete

Members
252 posts
1,781 battles
5 hours ago, sasquatch_research said:

Hey

Konig was OP?  Really, then what about Giulio Cesare which is more than a match for the current Konig (or anyone else for that matter).  Konig had the same 30 sec. reload, same as any other, good armor (yes), good speed (comparable - Giulio, Kongo), Good accuracy, was 2.0 then got nerf'd to present sigma.  No complaining about the 2.0 sigma on the Warspite, not to mention it's great heal.  

As for Jutland; history is clear, both side took a beating but the Germans were better shots by 2 to 1 and the RN lost how many ships 3 to Germany's Zero.  They were also out numbered but yet it was proven they had better ships, better guns and better accuracy.  

Pete

I mostly agree. Konig wasn't OP. Konig lacks alpha strike on 305mm shells and has a bit higher ROF this mean Konig excels at destroying cruisers..so what?
Konig is still vulnerable to fires. The higher ROF won't help much in that scenario against a barrage of fire from multiple cruisers. Nerf to from 2.0 to 1.8 was unnecessary. Apparently 1.9 sigma would've allowed Konig to remain 'OP'....
**Anyways I'm more concerned about P.E. Friedrich getting an AP shell drag of .4075 when Bayern has .4092 shell drag. Bayern's 38cm guns. fires an L/3.5 shell while the 35cm fires a L/3.6 shell. So shouldn't the AP drag for P..E. Friedrich be between .3975 and .4025???

The result of Jutland was due to a combination of armor, accuracy, and (lack of) fire prevention on British ships. Leaving hatches open, storing powder in turrets, etc. Germans also did alot more test fires with their naval guns whereas RN was hesitant to scratch the paint. And had higher quality optics.
Germans used all-steel gun barrels versus wire-wound barrels, possibly slightly better accuracy/less 'droop'. As well as less sensitive powder.
So while the accuracy is insignificant when discussing a few shells, even a minor advantage in accuracy when discussing thousands of shells makes a huge difference.

Sign in to follow this