You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ThatOddMan

Usual Tier Needed for Limited Time Missions/Campaign?

10 comments in this topic

Members
29 posts
325 battles

In the history of World of Warships, what is the almost always tier, nation, and class requirement to participate on limited time missions and campaigns that offers rewards such as free warships or other in-game goodies?

The new limited time mission is out of my reach as it requires tier-VIII cruisers from selected nations; no IJN.

[PSP]
Members
6,039 posts
8,582 battles

Each mission will clearly state the ships, ship types, and/or tiers required. Some won't be available to newer players. I played for a year and a half before I got a tier X and I only have one even now.

Edited by Snargfargle

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,559 posts
3,734 battles

I would say tier 8, as there are many missions out that at least requires a tier 6 ship or above while some may come by where it requires at least a tier 8 ship or above.

As for ship type, it's kinda hard to say as there are rarely missions that restricts what ship type to use.

For nations, well it may depend on the season or historical event, however considering this is NA, it would be safe to assume that US gets more attention (July 4th for example)

[STW-D]
Members
1,860 posts
5,651 battles

Let's see:

• Most of the Science of Victory campaign can be completed with tier 5+ ships, although the very final task requires a tier 6 ship, with pretty much (there are perhaps a couple) no class or nation-specific tasks.
  • The Honorable Service campaign requires only tier 8 ships at first, but eventually requires tier 10 ships, with a decent number of class-specific tasks.
  • The Yamamoto campaign generally requires tier 9-10 ships, with just about every part having a certain class-specific theme to it.
  • The Halsey campaign also requires tier 9-10 ships, with quite a few class-specific tasks as well as nation restrictions (usually American, I think).
  • The Hunt for Graf Spee required only tier 5-10 ships, with no nation or class restrictions.
  • Santa's Christmas Convoys required only Graf Spee (which one obtained from the above campaign or bought) in order to complete; otherwise only tier 5-10 ships are needed.
  • The Hunt for Bismarck required only tier 5-10 ships to complete, although certain tasks (which are not necessary but helps to complete the campaign faster) required Hood and there are a few class-restricted ones.
  • The Battle of North Cape required tier 5-10 ships to complete, although a few tasks are either class-locked, nation-locked, or both. In addition, some tasks could only be completed with Duke of York (which was the reward for completing the final task of the campaign).
  • New Year's Raid only required Duke of York for a few tasks and had a few others class-restricted, but otherwise was open to all tier 6-10 ships.
  • The Gold of France campaign had a mix between Aigle-only tasks, any tier 5-10 ship, any tier 6-10 French ship, or any tier 8-10 French ship.

So if you wanted a general summary, I'd say:

• if you're interested in the temporary campaigns, having anything tier 5 and over should work (although it pays to vary classes and nations).
  • If you're interested in the permanent campaigns, you'd best grind either the IJN or USN (since their campaign is the only one with nation restrictions) lines up to tier 9/10.
  • If you want to be prepared for anything, get as many lines, nations, and high tier ships as you can.

Do note that you can repeat campaign tasks for their ribbons, if not for their rewards, so should you find yourself pondering how to finish a campaign, just repeat a few tasks or two.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,559 posts
3,734 battles
6 minutes ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

• The Halsey campaign also requires tier 9-10 ships, with quite a few class-specific tasks as well as nation restrictions (usually American, I think).

This can be done with any tier 8 ship and above, it just has to be from certain tasks that can be repeated several times to acquire the required number of stars

[STW-D]
Members
1,860 posts
5,651 battles
1 minute ago, Vader_Sama said:

This can be done with any tier 8 ship and above, it just has to be from certain tasks that can be repeated several times to acquire the required number of stars

Aye, which is why I wrote:

9 minutes ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

Do note that you can repeat campaign tasks for their ribbons, if not for their rewards, so should you find yourself pondering how to finish a campaign, just repeat a few tasks or two.

[PVE]
Members
5,311 posts
17,764 battles

For the normal "daily missions" that are not part of any campaign, the usual minimum tier is 5 and 6. Not sure I have ever seen a daily that required anything beyond a tier 6. The closest thing in my memory is the every third day Indianapolis mission that requires you to play a game in the Indy (tier 7) that gives you a crate. 

[LOU1]
Members
2,862 posts
7,992 battles

For short term missions, I normally rely on my favorite Tier 6 ships.  The old Cleveland, Leander, DeGrasse, La Gallisionaire, and Perth.  I pull out Atlanta for main battery hits.

Members
29 posts
325 battles
1 hour ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

Let's see:

• Most of the Science of Victory campaign can be completed with tier 5+ ships, although the very final task requires a tier 6 ship, with pretty much (there are perhaps a couple) no class or nation-specific tasks.
  • The Honorable Service campaign requires only tier 8 ships at first, but eventually requires tier 10 ships, with a decent number of class-specific tasks.
  • The Yamamoto campaign generally requires tier 9-10 ships, with just about every part having a certain class-specific theme to it.
  • The Hunt for Graf Spee required only tier 5-10 ships, with no nation or class restrictions.
  • Santa's Christmas Convoys required only Graf Spee (which one obtained from the above campaign or bought) in order to complete; otherwise only tier 5-10 ships are needed.
  • The Hunt for Bismarck required only tier 5-10 ships to complete, although certain tasks (which are not necessary but helps to complete the campaign faster) required Hood and there are a few class-restricted ones.
  • The Battle of North Cape required tier 5-10 ships to complete, although a few tasks are either class-locked, nation-locked, or both. In addition, some tasks could only be completed with Duke of York (which was the reward for completing the final task of the campaign).
  • New Year's Raid only required Duke of York for a few tasks and had a few others class-restricted, but otherwise was open to all tier 6-10 ships.
  • The Gold of France campaign had a mix between Aigle-only tasks, any tier 5-10 ship, any tier 6-10 French ship, or any tier 8-10 French ship.

So if you wanted a general summary, I'd say:

• if you're interested in the temporary campaigns, having anything tier 5 and over should work (although it pays to vary classes and nations).
  • If you're interested in the permanent campaigns, you'd best grind either the IJN or USN (since their campaign is the only one with nation restrictions) lines up to tier 9/10.
  • If you want to be prepared for anything, get as many lines, nations, and high tier ships as you can.

Pretty much I need to have at least a tier-VI or VII naval ship just in case.

[VW]
Members
1,830 posts
12,276 battles

8-10 for campaigns.

i would expect daily missions to creep up to that as well seing as they started at tier 4 and are now at tier 6.