Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
krishkhavin

Gift for Returning Players?!

19 comments in this topic

Members
42 posts
2,911 battles

I started playing WOWS again after a while and I was surprised to see a USS KIDD in my port along with a personal assignment to get a texas. I only need to earn 25k base xp for the texas but I got a kidd for free. Does Wargaming have a returning player gift program? 

[TBW]
Members
6,319 posts
11,869 battles
4 minutes ago, krishkhavin said:

I started playing WOWS again after a while and I was surprised to see a USS KIDD in my port along with a personal assignment to get a texas. I only need to earn 25k base xp for the texas but I got a kidd for free. Does Wargaming have a returning player gift program? 

They do have that and that is a good ship here is @LittleWhiteMouse review of the ship enjoy her.

Members
98 posts
3,417 battles

Typically it's been 100k free XP, A mission for USS Texas and some other things along with. Never heard of getting a Kidd

[IPWA2]
Members
17 posts
2,341 battles

Apparently, I was gone for a long while over 6 months ago because I was building a new computer.  When I got back in November I was given 2 premium ships and around 100k Free XP as well as some other stuff. So yes, it seems WG does this to bring back their player base. When it first happened to me I thought one of my buddies logged in my account and got a bunch of stuff for me. But nope, its just WG with their user friendly service. I'm not complaining though. 

Edited by Kirishi_Kaze

[HYDRO]
Members
1,305 posts
3,661 battles

What I think happened was that you got a "Freedom Container" for doing Indianapolis marathon missions. These containers have a very small chance to drop missions that reward you with premium ships once completed. So if you played for a while with Tier VI+, this could be the explanation for getting the Kidd.

[HINON]
Members
8,800 posts

You might have won a contest while you were away for the Kidd. Or won it in a container. 

Edited by RipNuN2

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,267 posts

I seriously wonder what would happen if suddenly, half or more of their "customers" took a month off? Ouch.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,328 posts
9,387 battles
1 hour ago, Herr_Reitz said:

I seriously wonder what would happen if suddenly, half or more of their "customers" took a month off? Ouch.

Or in the case where the user died...   They can drop all the ships into that account that they want... 

If they don't see any activity after a year, they can box and archive the account.

Members
1,777 posts
17,340 battles
2 hours ago, warheart1992 said:

What I think happened was that you got a "Freedom Container" for doing Indianapolis marathon missions. These containers have a very small chance to drop missions that reward you with premium ships once completed. So if you played for a while with Tier VI+, this could be the explanation for getting the Kidd.

Even if he got the Kidd through a Freedom container there is a mission needed to obtain it...he sounded like it was just there & only the Texas required a mission...sounds kinda fishy...haven't heard of anybody getting a Kidd before through not playing...& the Freedom containers haven't been around long enough to account for getting one since he last played if he was eligible for a "returning player" award.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

I don't Doubt you but a KIDD really? 

I am playing everyday get three Containers  6 days out of 7.

Maybe WG should be aware of player burnout and a 6 month hiatus is due... This Free stuff for returning players is getting out of hand.

Want players to hang around lessen the "GRIND"

[FARQD]
Members
305 posts
5,881 battles
2 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Even if he got the Kidd through a Freedom container there is a mission needed to obtain it...he sounded like it was just there & only the Texas required a mission...sounds kinda fishy...haven't heard of anybody getting a Kidd before through not playing...& the Freedom containers haven't been around long enough to account for getting one since he last played if he was eligible for a "returning player" award.

Well I guess WG did give those players some freedom containers and if I remember it correctly those ship missions from freedom containers required us to earn 25k exp. 

[RCB4]
[RCB4]
Beta Testers
442 posts

yes i think its pretty cool and a good business practice

i had quit for a long time and was given a gulio cesare and a 10pts captain and a couple more french and pan asian ships with captains

it actually made me want to try the game again..

.that and all the hype online about the YEAR OF THE CV being cv was my favorite ship back in BETA days

but that part there is what will probably make me quit again

like the first time... its really a big downer to see that even after a couple years they still crap on cv players in this game

especially those of us who had chosen to go for the usn carriers

but anyhow i digress the free content for returning player is good and smart business practice thumbs up wargaming

Edited by iamplaya

Alpha Tester
1,940 posts
3 hours ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

I don't Doubt you but a KIDD really? 

I am playing everyday get three Containers  6 days out of 7.

Maybe WG should be aware of player burnout and a 6 month hiatus is due... This Free stuff for returning players is getting out of hand.

Want players to hang around lessen the "GRIND"

You know what others will say, "you already get free stuff for playing the game so quit complaining!"

This really encourages you to take a lengthy break and not be addicted to the game (it's bad for your health anyway). Last time I was inactive I received an Ishizuchi plus a few other gifts. I've not logged into my NA account since Christmas. I wonder if it's time for me to log in again? :cap_hmm:

Anyway, congrats @krishkhavin! Hope you enjoy playing Kidd and Texas.

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
12 posts
1,114 battles

I took a while off and came back to a Guilio Cesare and a De Grasse. Sometimes it's like "I should take long breaks more often." But then I'd miss out on some of these campaigns they have coming up. Maybe I'll take a break after that :P

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,267 posts
3 hours ago, Kyehlar said:

I took a while off and came back to a Guilio Cesare and a De Grasse. Sometimes it's like "I should take long breaks more often." But then I'd miss out on some of these campaigns they have coming up. Maybe I'll take a break after that :P

Exactly how long was long? 90 days? 

Alpha Tester
2,719 posts
4,294 battles

Take 10 years off, get an entire tech tree line of your choice manned with 19-point commanders! :Smile_trollface:

Members
42 posts
2,911 battles

I checked and it said that I got the Kidd for "Kidd Quest". It came with a free port slot and a 3-point commander. I never did this quest when I used to play. I'm not complaining though. I just think it's unfair for some players who actually spend a lot of time to do missions and assignments.

Sign in to follow this