You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Daffyd9x

Cherry Blossom and Target Acquisition System Mod 1

6 comments in this topic

[O_S_D]
[O_S_D]
Members
100 posts
11,947 battles

These questions are addressed to those who played Cherry Blossom on the Public Test Server.  The videos show a battle with lots of torpedoes crisscrossing in the water … oh, my!  

To cope with torp soup, what have you tried on the PTS?  What works and does not work? 

1.  Target Acquisition System Mod 1 ... since Concealment System Mod 1 is less useful in a Scenario where one is always shooting, has TASM1 finally found a reason for existence?

2.  Hydroacoustic Search … is the premium version II recommended?    (So happy that my Cleveland does not have to choose between sonar and Defensive AA Fire boost.)

3.  Vigilance commander skill ... worth the discounted commander skill re-spec available this weekend?

5.  Do all of the above torpedo detection range benefits stack?

Last question:  6. What else have you tried and recommend?

Please comment.  Thanks in advance!

Members
31 posts
537 battles

I played Chapayev in PTS. Hydro, radar, lazer aim. Too easy. Just don't sail broadside to torps, but then that should go without saying.

Edited by keskparane

[C-HAG]
Members
481 posts
7,693 battles

I played in PTS

My cruiser setup is 

Target Acquisition System Mod 1

vigilance

Full secondary build, Manual secondary

Edited by Plaatduutsch
  • Cool 1

Members
1,681 posts
9,749 battles
46 minutes ago, Daffyd9x said:

These questions are addressed to those who played Cherry Blossom on the Public Test Server.  The videos show a battle with lots of torpedoes crisscrossing in the water … oh, my!  

To cope with torp soup, what have you tried on the PTS?  What works and does not work? 

1.  Target Acquisition System Mod 1 ... since Concealment System Mod 1 is less useful in a Scenario where one is always shooting, has TASM1 finally found a reason for existence?

2.  Hydroacoustic Search … is the premium version II recommended?    (So happy that my Cleveland does not have to choose between sonar and Defensive AA Fire boost.)

3.  Vigilance commander skill ... worth the discounted commander skill re-spec available this weekend?

5.  Do all of the above torpedo detection range benefits stack?

Last question:  6. What else have you tried and recommend?

Please comment.  Thanks in advance!

CSM1 also has a 5% increased enemy dispersion, not just concealment.

Vig stacks with TAS1 and hydro for torpedo spotting only.  Hydro and TAS1 do not stack.  http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Upgrades#Target_Acquisition_System_Modification.C2.A01

I would just run my regular builds, no need to respec just for a scenario.

[TOG]
Members
2,403 posts
14,660 battles
1 hour ago, keskparane said:

I played Chapayev in PTS. Hydro, radar, lazer aim. Too easy. Just don't sail broadside to torps, but then that should go without saying.

No USSR CA's available according to the notes. Otherwise I'd use Kutuzov.