You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
tm63au

Atlanta's Atlanta's

15 comments in this topic

[POP]
Members
1,153 posts
14,726 battles

Hi

Well just when BB's thought it was safe, read the Inde event thought I would bring out my Atlanta from dry dock play couple games harass a few BB''s and CV's and get both task out the way and get back to my normal matches.

No not going to happen Atlanta's everywhere in plague proportion :Smile_teethhappy: guess its going to be survival of the strongest.

Kill stealing running rampant, BB's being chased all over the map, games being lost because players are desperate to get that 150 main gun hits.

Oh boy this next 2 days are going to be fun :Smile_izmena:

regards 

• Funny 1

[WOLF2]
Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

Must say, played the Atlanta earlier today to get the 150 mbh in a win (already knocked out the plane kills w/ a CV) and with all of the cruisers out it is fun to have shells that pass through the mesosphere first. No such thing as an island to hide behind.

Edited by cometguy

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,105 posts
18,622 battles
2 minutes ago, KonigstigerVII said:

Did it in my Minotaur in my first game of the day :cap_haloween:

It's a kind of Atlanta. Just with heal, smoke and without HE.

[TF16B]
Members
8,043 posts
16,978 battles
10 minutes ago, cometguy said:

Must say, played the Atlanta earlier today to get the 150 mbh in a win (already knocked out the plane kills w/ a CV) and with all of the cruisers out it is fun to have shells that pass through the mesosphere first. No such thing as an island to hide behind.

Is this an Indy mission or a Halsey task?

(If we’re talking mb hits, I usually go for St Louis, (rare low tier missions,) Konigsburg or Marblehead, (mid tier,) or Akizuki, (high tier.))

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

Beta Testers
2,817 posts
3,931 battles

any mission that require me to get big numbers of ribbons i will just use gadja madah or okhotnik.

[ARP2]
Members
1,223 posts
3,566 battles

Abruzzi is my Atlanta. 201 main battery hits.

• Cool 2

Members
3,774 posts
1 hour ago, tm63au said:

Hi

Well just when BB's thought it was safe, read the Inde event thought I would bring out my Atlanta from dry dock play couple games harass a few BB''s and CV's and get both task out the way and get back to my normal matches.

No not going to happen Atlanta's everywhere in plague proportion :Smile_teethhappy: guess its going to be survival of the strongest.

Kill stealing running rampant, BB's being chased all over the map, games being lost because players are desperate to get that 150 main gun hits.

Oh boy this next 2 days are going to be fun :Smile_izmena:

regards 

Apaga Isso GIF - Erase DeleteIt GIFs

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,017 posts
11,538 battles

just kill the little junk piles, they are no threat.

[AXANR]
Members
3,354 posts
16,508 battles
3 minutes ago, crzyhawk said:

just kill the little junk piles, they are no threat.

You'd be surprised. I'm in my Alsace, which is two tiers up, with 12 guns that are built to demolish CLs and reload quick, plus IFHE/2ndary build for a large death zone around me. And I know how to play Alsace well; I've got over 200 battles in her at 57% wins. She's my best BB. You'd think this is the ideal ship for Atlanta-killing. And normally I devstrike them with ease. 

Then I ran into a three-ship div of Atlantas, with players that knew how to play her. Late game, the two ships left with me on my team were derping off, and I'm trying to fight all three Atlantas solo to hold onto the one cap we had while yelling at our other two ships to cap anything instead of chasing the red CV. And the Atlantas are being absolutely obnoxiously good, bobbing and weaving, using islands, keeping up a constant stream of HE and denying me good shots back at them. I got wrecked. I took one down and hurt the other two, but as soon as I put out the four fires they started, they'd start four more. It was like watching mice take down a cat. Pretty sure I have PTSD from that match. 

I'll never underestimate Atlanta again. :cap_haloween:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Members
1,773 posts
17,335 battles

Unfortunately the CV population has dwindled on account of the plane kill mission...hoping it picks up soon...never thought I'd be looking to have a CV in a match...lol.

I'm absolutely sure if I ran my Musashi I'd find a CV real fast...but that would kinda defeat the purpose as I wouldn't get any plane kills that way.

[STW-D]
Members
1,849 posts
5,651 battles

Since I don't have an Atlanta, Leander and Cleveland take up the slack instead. I managed to finish the 150 hits and win mission with Cleveland, after Leander got rushed by several cruisers (still won, but died before I could get 150 hits).

Thank the lord I switched my Baltimore and Cleveland captains in order to get 14 pts (IFHE + CE) for Cleveland, otherwise it might have been a lot more difficult to win.

[LEGIT]
[LEGIT]
Members
400 posts
6,164 battles

Easy getting 150 hits in my Akizuki

[INTEL]
Members
575 posts
7,290 battles
10 hours ago, poeticmotion said:

You'd be surprised. I'm in my Alsace, which is two tiers up, with 12 guns that are built to demolish CLs and reload quick, plus IFHE/2ndary build for a large death zone around me. 

Then I ran into a three-ship div of Atlantas...

...'nuf said