You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
CapinJoethegrey

Consumable key assignment

4 comments in this topic

[-UCS-]
Members
6 posts
8,899 battles

Currently, consumable are assigned keys in combat based on the order they appear in the ship consumable list.  R being the first, T next and so on.   This leads to the same consumable having a different key assignment on different ships.  Since mussel memory is quicker than cognitive mussel movement, it would be nice if you at least had the option of having the same consumable, i.e. restore health, be the same key for every ship.   This would make it easier to select the consumable you want without having to look down to see where it is, and take your attention from the fighting.   Even though this would lead to the consumables being further apart on the keyboard for some ships, it would make it much easier to select the consumable you intend without looking.  

• Boring 1

[TBW]
Members
6,354 posts
11,894 battles

I agree assign a letter. This has been brought up before. My gaming mouse commands it. Com'on you would do it for console.

Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Cool 1

Members
1,789 posts
17,407 battles

Or maybe try to implement some sort of option to assign them (or reassign them as the case may be) yourself in port.

The problem is there are so many consumable options & only so far you wanna have to stretch...& what gets the exclusive T position & what gets the exclusive Y position w/out somebody complaining "you're being preferential to that type of ship by making it's consumables easier to get to...doesn't my type of ship have it hard enough?"

[WOLF2]
Members
1,180 posts
12,873 battles

hehe, you would think "R" is always dmg ctrl and "T" is always repair, or Mayyyybe the other way around :) Not having to retrain for every ship basically.

In any case, you would think they'd know this by playing their own game. In any case, no repair - skip to the next letter. It's not so hard and other games manage no problem.