You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Cit_the_bed

Content like arsenal and stalingrad reward a tiny amount of the play base while the majority of the users become demoralized.

348 comments in this topic

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,239 posts

Couldn't agree more.

• Cool 8
  • Bad 3

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,711 posts
11,331 battles

umm.... you realize the Arsenal actually makes ships like Flint, Black, Stalingrad, and others more accessible the player base right?

• Cool 20
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 5

[AWP]
Members
780 posts
2,950 battles

I’m pretty sure players who are more involved and play all aspects of the game should be rewarded more. Also remember that it’s not changing attainability of ships at least as of now. Coal can be obtained in many ways while steel requires certain wins. As the game sits right now, free xp is attainable while clan wars wins and ranking out is required for certain ships. I don’t really see this argument working. Now if you want to go on about splitting currencies, I would be more likely to agree.

Also steel is now in supercontainers if you get lucky so it means you could potentially get ships you previously had no chance of. So kind of the opposite of what you are arguing. Now more people can get ships.

Edited by Belyy_Klyk
  • Cool 5
  • Bad 9

[SVF]
Members
877 posts
1,277 battles
6 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

umm.... you realize the Arsenal actually makes ships like Flint, Black, Stalingrad, and others more accessible the player base right?

Barely so, since many won't have Steel at all.

• Cool 2

[LHG]
Members
1,618 posts
4,887 battles
On 6/22/2018 at 5:00 PM, landcollector said:

Barely so, since many won't have Steel at all.

Well "barely so" is a whole lot more availability that "zip nada nothing" chance at all. 

If you were going to complain about this, you should have taken up protests at the whole "reward ship" system used previously for doing well in Ranked or Clan Wars.  If anything, it's these players who have stretched to get these prizes who should be upset.  After all, a lot of them did an awfully lot to earn these ships which now some lucky person with a good super container drop can now attain. 

Just for full information disclosure, I'm not one of these people, but I know I do sit up and take notice which I see Flint, Black or Stalingrad on the red team.  Now I'm not going to know if the driver is really awesomely good or just lucky. There's a bit of notoriety and recognition that these players had earned that is now lost to them.  

Anyway, if you're not one of these players, you now will have a shot at these ships.  Maybe not a great shot, but a shot nonetheless. 

Edited by BB3_Oregon_Steel
  • Cool 10
  • Bad 2

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,795 posts

At worst, this change is neutral to current state.   More likely it actually loosens restrictions on obtaining hose ships.

• Cool 1

[ERN]
[ERN]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,101 posts
4,223 battles

why? having the Arsenal might increase the playerbase. now playing Wows can be more rewarding by trading in coal and steel for stuff in the Arsenal. I think it as a loyally program where you get rewarded just for playing

• Cool 6
  • Bad 3

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

WG has so many ways and modes to play World of Warships. The arsenal makes one more way to get stuff faster.

Players who choose to participate will be rewarded. 

WG has always had one form or another to give even the Free to players something for their time spent in game.

It all comes to down to a choice of the players

• Cool 4
  • Bad 2

[90THD]
Beta Testers
102 posts
633 battles

As long as they are balanced, interesting capstone ships can provide incentive to long time players. It's only when the ship itself is an "I win" button does its unobtaniality become a problem. 

When an Alabama ST shows up on the other team, it's a cool event because they're rare as hens teeth, and when it guts me, it's because the guy driving it would nail me in pretty much any shop :D. 

[SVF]
Members
877 posts
1,277 battles
27 minutes ago, BB3_Oregon_Steel said:

Anyway, if you're not one of these players, you now will have a shot at these ships.  Maybe not a great shot, but a shot nonetheless. 

Depending on RNGesus to give 1500 Steel in a SC is not a good idea.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Members
1,634 posts
9,728 battles

People are tired of the same old random battles.  Ranked for most is an exercise in frustration.  Most of the guys I play with, and myself included have nothing to grind.  Its just a matter of FXPing what ever new line when it comes out.  I have so many credits I wish I could gift new clan mates credits and commander/FXP to help them get what they need to compete.  Same for ships I just dont appreciate like Nikolai.

I think clans are a great thing to create more of a community.  I would have already quit this game if not for clans and especially real competitions like Supremacy League, King of the Sea, and now Clan Battles.  I hope to see more of it.

• Cool 5

[AWP]
Members
780 posts
2,950 battles
1 hour ago, landcollector said:

Depending on RNGesus to give 1500 Steel in a SC is not a good idea.

Well as of right now, you have to pray that you have enough time and skill to rank out and get wins in the higher clan leagues... so I think being able to get lucky and get 1500 steel randomly is an improvement as long as you aren’t one of those players who earns everything and doesn’t want others to get the same ship by luck.

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,055 posts
7,611 battles

While there is cause for concern, any serious complaints at this stage are premature.  We simply do not have enough information on how Steel will be obtained.  We do not know what the maximum yield of Steel on a per month basis will be.  Short of Clan Wars, we haven't had any confirmation or refutation of Steel being made available through other game modes.  Until Wargaming is willing to sit down and chat about it, I'm not going to get stressed over the availability of ships like Stalingrad.

• Cool 8

[TOG]
Members
2,358 posts
14,610 battles
3 hours ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

Only if steel is going to be accessible other than being on top of Clan Wars or Ranked.

15 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

While there is cause for concern, any serious complaints at this stage are premature.  We simply do not have enough information on how Steel will be obtained.  We do not know what the maximum yield of Steel on a per month basis will be.  Short of Clan Wars, we haven't had any confirmation or refutation of Steel being made available through other game modes.  Until Wargaming is willing to sit down and chat about it, I'm not going to get stressed over the availability of ships like Stalingrad.

That's right. If you see the ship focus fire and burn it down.

Members
31 posts
537 battles
14 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

I would say there has been confirmation about other game modes.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/introducing-arsenal/

At the moment, Steel will be given for completing Combat Missions in Clan Battles; in future, you'll be able to earn it in other battle types.

Members
9,863 posts
2 hours ago, Destroyer_KuroshioKai said:

People are tired of the same old random battles.  Ranked for most is an exercise in frustration.  Most of the guys I play with, and myself included have nothing to grind.  Its just a matter of FXPing what ever new line when it comes out.  I have so many credits I wish I could gift new clan mates credits and commander/FXP to help them get what they need to compete.  Same for ships I just dont appreciate like Nikolai.

I think clans are a great thing to create more of a community.  I would have already quit this game if not for clans and especially real competitions like Supremacy League, King of the Sea, and now Clan Battles.  I hope to see more of it.

Except that the clan system is set up to reward to few unicum level clans and their sub clans, not the random clans in this game. I'm glad you're happy with clans, but most of the players in this game will never be competitive in clan wars. Most of the ones who do join clans, simply want the bonuses....So really the Clan system is there to reward the old timers/whale community, nothing more.

Look at the last Clan wars season. We finally hit a new peak players, and then the number bleed off almost immediately....

bAPqgPl.png

The real problem here is that WG depends far to much on milking the whales for every dime, while ignoring the player base at large, and the constant retention issues. This game is entirely dependent on updates/events and new ship lines to keep the numbers up, which says the game itself isn't all that interesting.

I sometimes wonder if the entire whale system is simply a self-fulfilling prophecy. FTP games milk the whales for 1000's and cater to them enough to keep them happy, at the expense of the rest of the player base. I wonder what would happen if an FTP game maker, actually put out a game where they invested in the game play more, and the shiny eyecandy less, perhaps they'd retain more players and get a far greater percentage to invest in a game they enjoy playing.

Seems unlikely we'll ever know the answer to that though....:Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by awiggin
  • Cool 3
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 2

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,207 posts
5,662 battles
2 hours ago, Destroyer_KuroshioKai said:

Don't appreciate the Nikolai? Off to the gulag with you for speaking such heresy. lol 

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,207 posts
5,662 battles
3 hours ago, MajorRenegade said:

why? having the Arsenal might increase the playerbase. now playing Wows can be more rewarding by trading in coal and steel for stuff in the Arsenal. I think it as a loyally program where you get rewarded just for playing

Your avatar pony looks sad......we need a cute happy pony avatar lol.

[WAIFU]
Beta Testers
1,881 posts
3,538 battles
3 hours ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

Stalingrad is only available for steel the others are available through coal

Steel is only dropped through SC,R1, or CB

Stalingrad is OP

Stalingrad is going to create some crushing gate keeping if they dont balance it, or adjust the arsenal. I wanted to see Stalingrad. but not like this.

• Cool 2

[O7]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
10,667 posts
7,555 battles

Probably should have been complaining about this when ranked started the precedent of rewarding unique ships for "competitive" events. Now players expect ships as rewards for participating in these events. 

Members
1,780 posts
17,360 battles
10 minutes ago, awiggin said:

reward the old timers/whale community,

I think you give too much credit to the status of "whale"...having $ to buy stuff for sale doesn't make you good...all the $ in the world won't get you the Stalingrad unless you have the chops to make it to the top.

We are talking about 3 ships here people...it's really not that big of a deal. Those that got them earned them & at least when they show up on the red team you know you have a dangerous opponent as opposed to when those same people play their regular tree ships & wipe the board w/them.

And most of the people complaining about this are just trolls (not directing that at you wiggin) that if given the Stalingrad wouldn't even play it because of the "toxic chat" at those higher tiers.

• Bad 1

[WAIFU]
Beta Testers
1,881 posts
3,538 battles
Just now, 1nv4d3rZ1m said:

Probably should have been complaining about this when ranked started the precedent of rewarding unique ships for "competitive" events. Now players expect ships as rewards for participating in these events. 

Its good that a normal player could possibly grind out the coal required to attain the ships given away from ranked.

whats not cool is Stalingrad being dangled behind a wall that the average player will never achieve in a lifetime. Its going to create gate keeping in the upper levels of competitive...

[O7]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
10,667 posts
7,555 battles
2 minutes ago, Hanger_18 said:

Its good that a normal player could possibly grind out the coal required to attain the ships given away from ranked.

whats not cool is Stalingrad being dangled behind a wall that the average player will never achieve in a lifetime. Its going to create gate keeping in the upper levels of competitive...

Not sure what that has to do with my post, I didnt say anything about being able to earn ships. WG has already said that they would make the Stalingrad available to players in an alternate method. 

[WAIFU]
Beta Testers
1,881 posts
3,538 battles
Just now, 1nv4d3rZ1m said:

Not sure what that has to do with my post, I didnt say anything about being able to earn ships. WG has already said that they would make the Stalingrad available to players in an alternate method. 

the point was while, yes reward ships do suck (has a 121B and 907 in WOT) you could technically grind these out, which kind of breaks that wall down, its at least a possibility that someone could get it without ranked. 

stalingrad is locked out 100%. their alternative way thats been revealed so far is SC. because if a SC didnt let you down before, just wait until it gives you just enough steel that you'll never afford it, but at the same time just wasting a SC.

• Cool 1