You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ComputerWhiz

Replays should be automatically enabled

10 comments in this topic

Members
24 posts
978 battles

Just had an amazing game where I destroyed 7 ships. It was actually a really dramatic game. Went to go upload the replay, but I found out that my replays weren't enabled. Forgot to enable them after I reinstalled when I reformatted my HDD!

I think that replays should be enabled by default when you first install WOWS. The files aren't very big, usually only a couple megabytes I've found. Most games that offer replays will save them automatically and only store a certain amount of recent ones. WOWS should do the same.

OP GAME.png

Members
31 posts
537 battles

Perhaps if you could play old replays with latest client it might not be a bad idea. However you can't play replays from an older version client. IIRC you can sometimes play files after some hotfixes. So basically you would end up with a whole lot of obsolete files. 

Members
756 posts
15,482 battles

I use OBS software to record every game. The meh games are deleted, the not-so-meh are uploaded to my youtube channel.

[DRACS]
Members
3,351 posts

No, they should NOT be automatically enabled. Each replay file uses up 2 or 3 megs, and if you don't know about the replay system (most players don't), then you'll end up with a replay folder several gigs in size. Even those of us who do know about it and enabled it will generally clean it up after every update.

[NSC]
Members
12 posts
5,154 battles

Ya would of loved to have a replay of a Saipan  Carrier torpedoing and killing itself the other day. I was in my Benson running up to 3km from him as he launched 3 torp bombers, i avoided the torps and launched mine all 3 of his hit first killing him.. 

Does he get a pink Teamkiller for killing himself? lol

Members
24 posts
978 battles
On 2018-06-22 at 8:19 PM, KaptainKaybe said:

No, they should NOT be automatically enabled. Each replay file uses up 2 or 3 megs, and if you don't know about the replay system (most players don't), then you'll end up with a replay folder several gigs in size. Even those of us who do know about it and enabled it will generally clean it up after every update.

That's why I suggested that the game automatically delete replays to only save a certain number. Sort of like how PUBG stores up to 20 replays. If there was a replay menu in the game menu, then the user could lock certain replay files that they want to save permanently. Advanced options could also be introduced to automatically permanently store games that meet certain parameters, like X number of kills or X amount of damage.

An alternative, the option to save a replay of the battle could be added to the escape menu when you finish the battle. That option would be similar to Rocket League. If the user doesn't save the replay, then it gets deleted automatically.

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles

Having an visual option is okay, having it be automatic is a waste even if they delete themselves.

[KTFO]
Members
243 posts
1,273 battles

The replay system is open to several improvements, they have to be aware of them.

[ARGSY]
Members
5,802 posts
3,974 battles

I agree with being able to turn it on (or off) in game.

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles

The main reason I don't use Replay is because at time it feels like you are able to "influence" it. I find that if you want to show "true gameplay", it is easier to record OBS because it is all live.