You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
landedkiller

Has anyone tried Kronshdat secondary build?

8 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
1,287 posts
3,583 battles

So I am curious as to how Kronshdat  would do if specced for secondary build. Could it play like am ambusher with the proper setup?

[SPTR]
Members
25,609 posts
10,798 battles

They are good secondaries its just that they have a base range of 5km, there are like 8 100mm guns and 8 152mm guns so lackluster volume fire, pretty much gonna be keeping a DD from coming too close.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,332 posts
10,121 battles

I tried it in Co-op and it is ok but not great. 7.6km is as far as you can get them with modules, Capt skills, and flag. For PVP it would not be much use I think. I will say this, the secondary guns seem to set more fires than the main guns with HE!

This is the best Co-op game with it I had (secondary wise) while trying it. Had the same number of secondary hits as main gun hits. Not much damage from them but did get 3 fires. Total secondary/fire damage from them was about 10-11K combined.

H4zjkjw.jpg

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 1

Members
147 posts
11,659 battles

It’s a waste of captain skills to spec it for secondary in my opinion.  Reason being even though Kronshtadt has high hp pool the armour will not hold up in close quarters against B.B. shells at tier 9 and 10.  Best way to get the most out of this ship like all Russian cruisers is stay at range and use their high volocity Stalinium shells.  Cause at range the armour can actually negate some incoming fire.  Much like the Moskva.  The Moskva however is a lot more tankier than the Kronstadt.  It’s a battle cruiser not a battleship.  It has battle ship caliber guns but heavy cruiser armour.  In short it’s best play at range and use its strength which are the guns.  The firing arcs are pretty darn good.  U are pretty angle when firing all your guns.  Don’t need to go broadside.  

U can also read up on Littlewhitemouse review about the Kronstadt.  It’s very well put together.  If u want a brawler with secondary go with German bbs. Hope this helps.

• Cool 3

[ICBM]
Members
304 posts
7,834 battles
On 6/22/2018 at 9:01 PM, Not_Your_Average_Potato said:

It’s a waste of captain skills to spec it for secondary in my opinion.  Reason being even though Kronshtadt has high hp pool the armour will not hold up in close quarters against B.B. shells at tier 9 and 10.  Best way to get the most out of this ship like all Russian cruisers is stay at range and use their high volocity Stalinium shells.  Cause at range the armour can actually negate some incoming fire.  Much like the Moskva.  The Moskva however is a lot more tankier than the Kronstadt.  It’s a battle cruiser not a battleship.  It has battle ship caliber guns but heavy cruiser armour.  In short it’s best play at range and use its strength which are the guns.  The firing arcs are pretty darn good.  U are pretty angle when firing all your guns.  Don’t need to go broadside.  

U can also read up on Littlewhitemouse review about the Kronstadt.  It’s very well put together.  If u want a brawler with secondary go with German bbs. Hope this helps.

Agreed.

Members
640 posts
18,452 battles

I have the kron he need base range secondaries up to 6,5k as mosvak & stalingrand. T9/10 are same. Now we talk secondaries guns mounts. (Armored) it need armore the kron has secondaries 100mm-110mm armored base / AA armored alround 50mm base. Because he is destroyed very easy. A DD with he destroy all defense of kron. 

The Secondaries with casamate has armore of 152mm in lots BB . I think the secondaries mount guns too can to have armore and some AA .

I have the kron he need base range secondaries up to 6,5k as mosvak & stalingrand. T9/10 are same. Now we talk secondaries guns mounts. (Armored) it need armore the kron has secondaries 100mm-110mm armored base / AA armored alround 50mm base. Because he is destroyed very easy. A DD with he destroy all defense of kron. 

The Secondaries with casamate has armore of 152mm in lots BB . I think the secondaries mount guns too can to have armore and some AA .

the kron has BIG GUNS SECONDARIES as Bismarck & Scharnhorts 152mm/100mm  with ARMORED

you select suviver 100% secondaries&AA

O1Fu6s2.jpeg

During battle you watch all secondaries & AA destroyed

hADM8tW.jpeg

and finally SAD destroy 

kron has 8x2 secondaries and end battle 7x2 TOTAL  destroyed. same AA 7x4 and both has armored 

QFelnCN.jpeg

iIwbqtZ.jpeg

WG does not lie...

Edited by rafael_azuaje

Members
640 posts
18,452 battles
On 22/6/2018 at 8:29 PM, AdmiralThunder said:

I tried it in Co-op and it is ok but not great. 7.6km is as far as you can get them with modules, Capt skills, and flag. For PVP it would not be much use I think. I will say this, the secondary guns seem to set more fires than the main guns with HE!

This is the best Co-op game with it I had (secondary wise) while trying it. Had the same number of secondary hits as main gun hits. Not much damage from them but did get 3 fires. Total secondary/fire damage from them was about 10-11K combined.

H4zjkjw.jpg

yes brother but I think your shooting range can improve at the level of the mosvak or stalingrand (6.5k), remember that the kron is a SUPER CRUISE, and give shield to the secondary guns, the guns with casemates have their armor in more than 150mm