You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Viper101

Regarding Alaska...

123 comments in this topic

[PNGYN]
Members
490 posts
2,969 battles

Usually I am not one to buy into leaks, but with the discussion surrounding Alaska right now I figured it was worth sharing @Mejash's post. 

The Alaska will find her way into the game, eventually. , That's all they know (or can share). 

• Cool 2

Beta Testers
2,849 posts
4,088 battles

finally,if the leak is true,this boring debate can die.

we did it NA.

Members
3,649 posts
13,511 battles

Bought with steel? Well, I guess I wont be getting her. Would be nice if she was a FXP bote.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
4,974 posts
6,460 battles

well if its T9, safe bet is a Free XP bote, T10 safe bet is for Steel

• Cool 2

Beta Testers
1,301 posts
3,585 battles

Better be Tier 9 and not cost steel. A great many players have been waiting on this ship since beta and many threads have been made in the subject. I would figure the Haida crowd would jump behind her being in the game. I hope that this ship is put in as a free xp and not a steel ship. 

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,490 posts
10,207 battles

If they thought the backlash over Alabama being for ST's only was bad just imagine the shite storm that will erupt if they try and make Alaska a limited ship for the few who have steel. Oh man will that get ugly and fast. IF they do that it will be one of their biggest mistakes yet from a PR perspective and also a financial one. Making it steel only means it is a ship the average player has no shot at and it also means they will lose tons of money (whether it be sold for cash or as a free xp ship that has people converting xp with doubloons). Just not a good idea at all. The more I see where they are going with coal and steel the less I like it.

• Cool 4
  • Bad 3

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,490 posts
10,207 battles
21 minutes ago, Cruxdei said:

finally,if the leak is true,this boring debate can die.

we did it NA.

Did what? Get them to introduce a ship so many want but in a manner most of those people won't be able to get it? Yeah, congrats to people on the NA forum. Way to go. You got your ship. Too bad you won't be able to play it. :Smile_smile:

• Cool 1

[CUTER]
[CUTER]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,611 posts
8,804 battles
4 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

If they thought the backlash over Alabama being for ST's only was bad just imagine the shite storm that will erupt if they try and make Alaska a limited ship for the few who have steel. Oh man will that get ugly and fast. IF they do that it will be one of their biggest mistakes yet from a PR perspective and also a financial one. Making it steel only means it is a ship the average player has no shot at and it also means they will lose tons of money (whether it be sold for cash or as a free xp ship that has people converting xp with doubloons). Just not a good idea at all. The more I see where they are going with coal and steel the less I like it.

If she is T10 prem she will have to be for steel, Also even if she is for steel only nothing is stopping you from getting the steel for her she isnt behind some sort of wall that only a few can get like the AlabamaST was going to be. 

[SVF]
Members
903 posts
1,282 battles
1 hour ago, Shigure_DD said:

nothing is stopping you from getting the steel for her she isnt behind some sort of wall that only a few can get

Except the only semi-reliable ways to get Steel that we know about so far (No, not counting on SCs) are Ranking out in the Saltfest that is Ranked Battles, or dealing with the slog/saltfest that is the T10 Clan Battles.

[SWFSH]
[SWFSH]
Beta Testers
2,442 posts
5,522 battles

I'm pissed you can't get steel just from winning in ranked, but instead you have to achieve certain ranks in order to obtain it.

Whatever. The Alaska-class was a waste of time, money, and steel in WWII. Maybe she'll suffer the same fate in WoWS.

Edited by Cruiser_StLouis
  • Cool 1
  • Bad 2

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,623 posts
521 battles

I don't see why she'd be tier 10 when she's virtually identical to the Krondsthad in so many ways that matter. She's clearly tier 9 material and the US no longer has a Tier 9 FXP bote since the Trump Wagon was removed. Alaska would fill that gap beautifully.

• Cool 1

Members
2,081 posts

If it T9 then we can hope for Free XP. But T10? Steel WTH... Take me 3+ years to get enough playing randoms only.

[HINON]
Members
8,857 posts

Let's wait and see for more offical details before people freak out over a leak. All this stuff could radically change before she ever even hits early testing.

• Cool 2

3,623 posts
521 battles
3 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Let's wait and see for more offical details before people freak out over a leak. All this stuff could radically change before she ever even hits early testing.

The only way things ever change with WarGaming is if people make a big enough noise about it.

• Cool 2

[HINON]
Members
8,857 posts
1 minute ago, ramp4ge said:

The only way things ever change with WarGaming is if people make a big enough noise about it.

Over an unconfirmed leak? Really? lol good luck with that.

[BNKR]
Members
657 posts
664 battles

This means absolutely nothing, really. Hopefully she eventually appears as a free XP ship, but that post doesn't confirm a single thing. Back to your regularly scheduled ranting.

3,623 posts
521 battles
10 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Over an unconfirmed leak? Really? lol good luck with that.

The Alabama fiasco started as a leak too.

• Cool 2

[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
1,501 posts
8,037 battles
1 hour ago, Viper101 said:

Usually I am not one to buy into leaks, but with the discussion surrounding Alaska right now I figured it was worth sharing @Mejash's post. 

The Alaska will find her way into the game, eventually. , That's all they know (or can share). 

ROAR!!!! TY god TY WG!!!!! Best nrws since the usn cruiser split!!!!

Im dancing in my pants!!!!!!!

• Bad 1

[LHG]
Members
1,620 posts
4,887 battles
35 minutes ago, landcollector said:

Except the only semi-reliable ways to get Steel that we know about so far (No, not counting on SCs) are Ranking out in the Saltfest that is Ranked Battles, or dealing with the slog/saltfest that is the T10 Clan Battles.

Well, anyone can technically get coal from normal container drops and coal can be converted to steel so ... technically even a normal player could obtain enough coal to convert to steel to purchase her through the arsenal, but I suspect it would take an awful lot of coal to pull that off.  Of course the conversion may very well involve having to spend doubloons to make the coal-steel conversion like it is to convert free xp into normal xp (where you can actually use it) so it might end up being expensive as well. 

Edited by BB3_Oregon_Steel
  • Bad 1

[WISCO]
[WISCO]
Members
209 posts
4,852 battles

I'm just glad it's going to be a 9/10 cruiser and not the ridiculous idea of having it as a tier 7 BB

• Cool 2

[LHG]
Members
1,620 posts
4,887 battles
1 minute ago, Jonesyrules15 said:

I'm just glad it's going to be a 9/10 cruiser and not the ridiculous idea of having it as a tier 7 BB

^this.  :Smile_honoring: +1

• Cool 1

[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
1,501 posts
8,037 battles
50 minutes ago, ramp4ge said:

And we been making noise for years!!! Prepair your biggest deepest ROAR girls and boys!!!! 

Bring Alaska to all ports in here...

Seriously though, if WG wants a t10 Alaska, they can take Guam. Due to photos She was going to have 3/50s instead of bofors. Guam would make a fantastic reward ship while Alaska belongs to the masses!!!!!

Edited by Crokodone
  • Cool 3

[HINON]
Members
8,857 posts
15 minutes ago, ramp4ge said:

The Alabama fiasco started as a leak too.

This is an apples and oranges comparison, more of a fart in the wind tbh.