You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Avenge_December_7

Is There Ever A Time To Put Out A Single Fire (Apart From Extreme Circumstances)?

13 comments in this topic

[STW-D]
Members
1,849 posts
5,651 battles

The golden rule of ships with a repair party is to never ever repair a single fire (unless you're about to die from that one fire).

Personally, I never repair a single fire in battleships unless I know that I'm going to die otherwise (although at that point, it's probably only a matter of time until I die).

However, I do notice that sometimes, I just get constantly lit on fire only once (so I don't repair), and it occasionally causes me to die in situations where I might have otherwise managed to come out on top. For instance, a single fire might cause me to ultimately lose a bow-on fight with another battleship due to the health difference the fire caused.

Is there ever a time when I should, apart from immediate threat of sinking, repair a single fire?

[YAN]
Members
1,636 posts
7,464 battles

Varies based on personal interests imo.

I'm quite happy to repair a fire whenever I feel that I can get away with it.

• Cool 3

Members
6,620 posts
25,239 battles

Cruisers and DDs with no repair, as soon as possible, You wait if they are still shooting, or if second bomber or TP is coming in.

BBs, only when threats are gone from immediate area so there is little advantage to keep it going other than you want it to help Adrenaline Rush skill). This happens more on the late stages when few reds are left so you can tell if the immediate threat passed.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,128 posts
8,749 battles
11 minutes ago, Akeno017 said:

Varies based on personal interests imo.

I'm quite happy to repair a fire whenever I feel that I can get away with it.

This, if you are safe put it out but remember that Murphy's Law says you will be burning again as soon as you stick your nose out again.

Members
448 posts
7,474 battles

I will definitely put out single fires if I am low HP (say 20% or less). Letting it burn when that low leaves you vulnerable to a single-salvo kill or dying outright from the fire.

In cruisers I will sometimes put out single fires at 20%+ because  1)fires aren't usually a major problem for me in those ships -  I rarely get 2 fires burning in cruisers and dont often need to use DCP in a match  2)Iower overall HP pool/lack of heals and  3)if needed you can usually go dark or wiggle enough to avoid being set on fire again.

Edited by Dr_Powderfinger

[WORX]
Members
1,632 posts
12,662 battles

For me, I put out one fire when

1. I am trying to escape and I need my concealment to achieve that. 
  2. I would also put out a fire after I sink the cruiser that is putting me on fire.
  3.   I would put out a fire when I am out if Heals.

other then that I would not put out a single fire.

Edited by Navalpride33

[B2P]
Members
490 posts
13,189 battles
49 minutes ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

The golden rule of ships with a repair party is to never ever repair a single fire (unless you're about to die from that one fire).

Personally, I never repair a single fire in battleships unless I know that I'm going to die otherwise (although at that point, it's probably only a matter of time until I die).

However, I do notice that sometimes, I just get constantly lit on fire only once (so I don't repair), and it occasionally causes me to die in situations where I might have otherwise managed to come out on top. For instance, a single fire might cause me to ultimately lose a bow-on fight with another battleship due to the health difference the fire caused.

Is there ever a time when I should, apart from immediate threat of sinking, repair a single fire?

As Akeno017 mentioned above, I will put out single fires whenever I think I can get away with it.  For instance, if I am disengaging, or going into concealment behind some islands or something similar, where I am fairly certain my damage control will be available again for the next round of salvos.

[DENY]
Members
286 posts
4,367 battles

When I play in my zao it won't matter because you be burning until your dead I love people that fix it right away

[R-R-R]
Members
969 posts
6,403 battles

You can repair 1 fire if you are sure you can drop detection right after.

Also make sure there is no potential torp threat.

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,565 posts
14,005 battles

I'll use DCP to put out 1 fire only if I'm very low in HP and can't afford the DOT, or I can do it in safety, i.e. I'm not detected.  Doing otherwise while taking gunfire, torps is asking for a paddlin'.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,017 posts
11,538 battles

I'll put it out when I don't think the chances are good for it to be relit.