Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Belthorian

Can you help out your older players like me?

71 comments in this topic

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,174 posts
5,649 battles

For people like me who were around when the Dead Sea was only sick.....things start to go when you get older. Eyesight is one of them, I would love to be able to adjust the size of the fonts in this game so I could read the mini map. It would be nice to see who is calling me a potato and telling me to uninstall the game in chat. I feel like I am missing out because I am freaking blind lol.

Edited by Belthorian
  • Cool 10
  • Funny 5

[INTEL]
Members
573 posts
7,283 battles

This is what I'm picturing right now...

Milton Waddams.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,879 battles

Right-click>display settings>resolution

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,174 posts
5,649 battles
Just now, ClassicLib said:

This is what I'm picturing right now...

Milton Waddams.jpg

If I angle the sunlight through my glasses just right, it is like I am Cyclops......I have super powers.....yeah!!!!!!!

• Cool 1

Members
3,617 posts
13,392 battles

My eyesight aint too bad for someone who's 62 but I have a hard time reading the text in chat, especially the red text, because of the background being clear. WG needs to give us a option to darken the background SO THAT WE CAN EASILY READ IT.

• Cool 1

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,174 posts
5,649 battles
1 minute ago, Vangm94 said:

Right-click>display settings>resolution

Yea but when you lower the resolution all the beauty of the ships and maps degrade, I know it is a catch 22 but you should be able to adjust the size of the chat window and the font size in it like you can in a lot of MMO's.

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
1,625 posts
12,630 battles

I would like to sound optimistic when I say,  Consider yourself lucky you can;t see chat due to natural progression of human deterioration. I for one wish I did not have the ability to read since I have the ability to see still. I for one Give you a lot of credit for not being able to read the chat. I envy you sir. I wish I was blind from chat. :cap_look::cap_old::cap_cool:

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Cool 3
  • Funny 16

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,174 posts
5,649 battles
Just now, ReddNekk said:

My eyesight aint too bad for someone who's 62 but I have a hard time reading the text in chat, especially the red text, because of the background being clear. WG needs to give us a option to darken the background SO THAT WE CAN EASILY READ IT.

Can I get a amen from the congregation..........................................AMEN!!!!!!!!!!

• Cool 1

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,174 posts
5,649 battles
1 minute ago, Navalpride33 said:

I would like to sound optimistic when I say,  Consider yourself yourself lucky you can;t see chat due to natural progression of human deterioration. I for one wish I did not have the ability to read since I have the ability to see still. I for one Give you a lot of credit for not being able to read the chat. I envy you sir. I wish I was blind from chat. :cap_look::cap_old::cap_cool:

One of the all time greatest posts in WG forums history.......I love the huge font.....you are a genius sir. 

• Cool 1

Members
1,061 posts
6,141 battles

Is it just my imagination or did something change in these last updates that changed the look of the battle? It seems like now I can't see the enemy ships when I zoom in nearly as well as I did before. It's almost as though there something changed in the settings, but I don't know where or what has changed.

Members
2,117 posts
4,727 battles
18 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

For people like me who were around when the Dead Sea was only sick.....things start to go when you get older. Eyesight is one of them, I would love to be able to adjust the size of the fonts in this game so I could read the mini map. It would be nice to see who is calling me a potato and telling me to uninstall the game in chat. I feel like I am missing out because I am freaking blind lol.

Absolutely :)) I have added you in the game and will PM you today or tomorrow. 

Members
2,430 posts
12,163 battles

the + - keys will increase your mini map size, which can be as important as anything in the game. In settings, there are tons of options. go through each under controls...the one that show what the ship actually is vital

[VW]
Members
1,811 posts
12,262 battles

Totally agree there should be a way to increase font size without decreasing resolution!

• Cool 1

[BIAS]
Members
2,991 posts
8,969 battles

Lack of a scalable ui is one of the biggest things missing from this game.... I like playing at 2k but wish I could scale the ui accordingly.

[NMKJT]
Members
2,675 posts
34 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

I'm old and diabetic with diabetic eyes. I use the HDMI interface and throw the game up on my big screen tv and push the sound through the home theater system . Works great, just ease back in my recliner and play

• Cool 1

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
3,758 posts
12,334 battles

@Belthorian just hit 66 here eyesight pretty good I use a 15 inch lap top and don't have much of a problem reading any of the screens. And the poster stating reading chat does more harm than good. Perhaps some strong readers glasses are an eye check for glasses is in order

[HINON]
Members
8,778 posts

Well I'm having trouble reading it but that's due to having my eyes dilated a bit ago at the retina doctor lol.

[B2P]
Members
488 posts
13,171 battles

If you haven't already done so, consider getting reading glasses.  Pharmacies will usually have decent ones for a decent price.  They definitely help reduce the strain on my eyes and make everything more legible.  Just take the time to get the right power.  You may only need a +1.00 to +1.25 or +1.50.  Sometimes those low power ones are a little harder to find.

Members
2,075 posts

Keep pestering WGing for scalable UI... Should have been in the game years ago. Maybe in another 2 years we might get it.

• Cool 1

[NGA-B]
Alpha Tester
9,281 posts
3,589 battles

There's a magnifying glass program built into windows that you might be able to get to hover over the game's window. I've used it as a sniper super zoom in MWO.

• Cool 1

[PSP]
Members
6,037 posts
8,580 battles
2 hours ago, ReddNekk said:

They have a UI contrast feature but you are right, when faced with glare from the water I find myself spinning my view around sometimes in order to find darker areas so that I can read the chat. The mini map can be rendered opaque; it would be nice if the chat box also could.

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,174 posts
5,649 battles
2 hours ago, RipNuN2 said:

Well I'm having trouble reading it but that's due to having my eyes dilated a bit ago at the retina doctor lol.

I heard somewhere that they put cocaine in your eyes to dilate them. Did you get the spiffy wraparound shades to keep the light out of your eyes?

Sign in to follow this