You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Fast_Battleship_Iowa

Jean Bart Tier 8 Premium [Dev Blog]

23 comments in this topic

[SWFSH]
[SWFSH]
Beta Testers
2,442 posts
5,528 battles

Survivability:

• Hit points – 69 000
  • Plating - 32 mm
  • Armor belt – 330 mm
  • Torpedo damage reduction – 32%

Main Battery

• 2x4 380 mm
  • Firing range – 24.5 km
  • Maximum HE shell damage – 5400
  • Chance to cause fire – 36%
  • Maximum AP shell damage - 11900
  • Reload time - 30 s
  • 180 degree turn time - 36 s
  • Maximum dispersion - 306 m
  • HE initial velocity - 830 m/s
  • AP initial velocity - 830 m/s
  • Sigma value – 1.8

Secondaries

• 12х2 100 mm, range - 5,0 km, Maximum HE Shell Damage - 1400, Reload Time - 3,0 s
  • 3х3 152 mm, range - 5,0 km, Maximum HE Shell Damage - 2200, Reload Time - 12,0 s

AA defense

• 14х2 57 mm, range - 4,5 km, damage per second - 357
  • 12х2 100 mm, range - 5,0 km, damage per second - 178
  • 3х3 152 mm, range - 5,0 km, damage per second - 25

Maneuverability:

• Maximum speed - 30 kt
  • Turning circle radius - 850 m
  • Rudder shift time – 16,0 s

Detection:

• Surface detectability – 15,9 km
  • Air detectability – 14,2 km
  • Detectability after firing main guns in smoke – 15,0 km

Available consumables:

• Slot 1 - Damage Control Party
  • Slot 2 - Repair Party (1 charge Repair Party I, 2 charges Repair Party II)
  • Slot 3 - Main Gun Reload Booster
  • Slot 4 - Engine Boost

All stats are listed without crew and upgrade modifiers but with the best available modules. The stats are subject to change during the testing.

New consumable Main Gun Reload Booster are added in game for testing. 

• Reload Time of the Main Caliber -50%
  • Duration 30 s
  • Cooldown 120 s and 80 s for Main Gun Reload Booster II
  • Charges 2 and 3 for Main Gun Reload Booster II

Main goal of the new consumable get a chance for ship's owner boost for a small period of time reload main guns and fire a final salvo.

Please note that the information in the Development Blog is preliminary.

8YI5Dsq.jpg

• Cool 1

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,677 posts
14,045 battles

Someone posted about it in the General Discussion Subforum.

For most parts, Jean Beart is a straight up superior version of Richelieu.  More HP, better Rudder Shift, FAR MORE LETHAL AA (and Richelieu was not weak in this department, either).  Slightly better surface detection range.  

The AA is so good that it's better than even Kii, and Kii's AA is better than North Carolina and Alabama.

Jean Beart also has that Main Gun Booster-thingie consumable to cut reload by 50%.  Keep in mind, these are Richelieu's guns, which can be very inconsistent at times.  But imagining this in a brawl situation, she can easily start shooting at Cruiser rates of fire.

The big catch to all this is she has the fewest Repair Party charges you'll ever see on any BB, regardless of tier.  Repair Party I has 1 charge, II has 2 charges.  Superintendent will only give +1 charge, so 3 max with Repair Party II.  In contrast with Repair Party II on the other BBs, it's 4 charges, 5 with Superintendent.

If she releases as is, I'd definitely get her right now if I could.

Lastly, Jean Beart has been one of those French BBs that players have long theorized would be included in the game as a Premium.  Richelieu being the Tech Tree boat, Jean Beart the Premium.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[SF-A]
Members
2,850 posts
5,548 battles

Massachusetts T8

Jean Bart T8

Coincidence?

image.png.6ba45c9e024625b15c7e73ba8f0fef90.png

• Funny 2

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,677 posts
14,045 battles
1 minute ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

High velocity, fast reloading guns. The amount of cruiser players that are going to get suprised... lolz

Same guns as Richelieu, and it can be very unreliable at times because WG has emphasized the brawl aspect of the French BB Line.  But the Main Gun Booster will add some spice.  I just don't think it's of much use at range where the French 15" guns are pretty wonky.  But cut the range down, especially brawling ranges, and I can see her really punish people.

[--O--]
Members
187 posts
18,000 battles

main gun reload booster? that is the type of thing that ruined battlestations pacific.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,576 posts
3,740 battles
On 6/22/2018 at 1:50 PM, HazeGrayUnderway said:

The AA is so good that it's better than even Kii, and Kii's AA is better than North Carolina and Alabama.

It's actually better than tier 10 BB AA

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,677 posts
14,045 battles
1 hour ago, Vader_Sama said:

It's actually better than tier 10 BB AA

Can you imagine that thing trolling some fresh Tier VI CV player that just got their brand new Ryujo / Independence? :Smile_teethhappy:

[REVY]
Members
6,027 posts
5,102 battles
On 6/22/2018 at 2:15 PM, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Same guns as Richelieu, and it can be very unreliable at times because WG has emphasized the brawl aspect of the French BB Line.  But the Main Gun Booster will add some spice.  I just don't think it's of much use at range where the French 15" guns are pretty wonky.  But cut the range down, especially brawling ranges, and I can see her really punish people.

Yeah, one of the reasons I never really uploaded a replay of my Richelieu as I grinded her was that her damage output never gave me an outstanding game.  The Richelieu never fully struck me as a brawler because she just didn't have enough firepower/armor to keep up with that tactic.  Sure, hitting a broadside Battleship with AP gave some impressive damage rolls, but that was about it.  I always thought the Richelieu should have gotten a better rof, but I guess that's going onto Jean Bart.

Edited by Sventex

[-BSS-]
Members
484 posts
2,923 battles

I would like it if WG just stopped handing out absurd AA like this, it makes the amount of radar implemented recently look sparing, AA should be a USN thing, and NC AA is strong enough. 

Otherwise, the low quantity of heal charges makes up for the new gimmick, and keeps it well balanced in the surface combat department. I would likely get this or the other OP AA ship for its tier, the Prinz Ertel Friedrich, I will watch this closely. 

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,677 posts
14,045 battles

Something I forgot to compare Jean Bart with Richelieu on was Secondaries Battery.

JB has a considerably larger Secondaries Battery than Richelieu.

Jean Bart

100mm 12x2, 5km range

152mm 3x3, 5km range

Richelieu

100mm 6x2, 7km range

152mm 3x3, 7km range

For you veteran French BB Line players, if the amount of Secondaries JB has looks familiar, it should.  She has the same amount of Secondary Guns as Tier IX Alsace.  But WG tempered JB by heavily reigning in her Secondaries Range to 5km.  Basically with Secondaries Build, JB can only reach out as far as North Carolina and Alabama, 7.2km.

I was kind of thinking about how funny it would be for the idea of Alsace Secondaries at Tier VIII, but considering the total package JB already has compared to Richelieu, that's asking for way too much now.

Members
1,513 posts
7,988 battles

Hey

It's all fine and good about the AA capability and all,  but really how many carriers are we really seeing these days; I mean especially when up-tiered into a T9/10 game.  I would rather see more of a difference between her and the Richelieu in play style, maybe giving it radar (not that more radar is good mind you) or something or something else.  

I have the Kii and it has great AA too but it sucks overall in the main gun damage department and is not a very good BB IMHO; I hope the JB doesn't follow that lead since it's not worth it buying a Kii as compared to the Amagi.  Will JB be a better AA platform but a overall weaker Richelieu.  We will have to see.

Pete

[REVY]
Members
6,027 posts
5,102 battles
8 hours ago, GabeTheDespot said:

I would like it if WG just stopped handing out absurd AA like this, it makes the amount of radar implemented recently look sparing, AA should be a USN thing, and NC AA is strong enough. 

Otherwise, the low quantity of heal charges makes up for the new gimmick, and keeps it well balanced in the surface combat department. I would likely get this or the other OP AA ship for its tier, the Prinz Ertel Friedrich, I will watch this closely. 

It wasn't WGing handing out AA randomly.  When it came time for the French to decide what to do with the unfinished Jean Bart, they decided against converting it into a CV and instead completed the ship as a test-bed for a powerful experimental AA suite.  That's what made the ship so unique, it had one of the most powerful AA suites in the world for a Battleship in 1955.

bb-jean-bart-1955.png

The Jean Bart was even proposed to be converted into an Anti-Aircraft Battleship at one point.

ZRHqXEN.png

Edited by Sventex

[LEGIO]
Members
2,964 posts
5,370 battles

I must admit I'd rather the ship get the same secondary range as the Richelieu even if it cost the reload booster. The firestorm of hail from all of those guns would be entertaining to witness.

Members
2,216 posts
4,051 battles
24 minutes ago, Sventex said:

It wasn't WGing handing out AA randomly.  When it came time for the French to decide what to do with the unfinished Jean Bart, they decided against converting it into a CV and instead completed the ship as a test-bed for a powerful experimental AA suite.  That's what made the ship so unique, it had one of the most powerful AA suites in the world for a Battleship in 1955.

bb-jean-bart-1955.png

The Jean Bart was even proposed to be converted into an Anti-Aircraft Battleship at one point.

ZRHqXEN.png

That bottom pic would be insane AA.

• Cool 1

[LEGIO]
Members
2,964 posts
5,370 battles

16 twin 5"/38 mounts? That's two Atlantas plus more light and medium AA to back it up. That would be one hell of a no-fly zone.

If the 5"/38 had stats as a secondary gun that didn't suck it would be entertaining to watch brawl too.

[POET]
Members
301 posts
1,791 battles

If WG buffed secondary range to >=7km for whatever reason, I would fork 60 CAD or more for this ship instead of getting Republique, considering Jean Bart has a possible of concealment of 13.9 km if you do IFHE-AFT-MSEC, which is workable enough for me. Or I see enough lower tiers to not need IFHE (16m superstructure and DD hulls, or less), then I could get 12 km full stealth. The other part being bow guns so you don't have to wait for back turrets, and you get 6 fast-firing mounts on each side, which have more total DPM than Republique's secondaries. And of course the chance to meet T6 ships. Really the main draw for Republique over Alsace for me besides the faster CA-overmatching main guns is the secondaries that don't need IFHE.

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,677 posts
14,045 battles
15 hours ago, Capt_of_Satisfaction said:

And it’s only $80 *cough*

no thanks!

It's also there for 238k coal in the Arsenal.

Beta Testers
604 posts
9 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

It's also there for 238k coal in the Arsenal.

And that might be the only way I’d buy her, but it’ll be a very long time.  I am tired of WGs nickel and diming and I’m not spending another red cent on the game.  Coming into the holidays, I’m done spending on WG.  

[MOH]
Members
196 posts
1,152 battles

I, for one, very much appreciate that this ship can be acquired through both coal and purchase.  Wargaming has every right to make a profit from this game, and I appreciate that I can use my hard earned coal to purchase it as well. 

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1