Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Rabin69

TK just waiting to happen..........

16 comments in this topic

[SHAFT]
Members
166 posts
10,011 battles

Nothing worries me more than a dd who insists on sending torps from max range from the second line, especially when I'm in a GK who turns like a barge.

You waste so much time trying to be aware of where their torps are coming from that you can never position properly.

And to top it off, the screwball steals my kraken when he finally lands one torp.....I tell you, you gotta see it to believe it.

H'mm two down votes...look like I triggered some dd captains that feel that type of behavior is acceptable.

20180622_150412_PGSB110-Grossdeutschland_47_Sleeping_Giant.wowsreplay

Edited by Rabin69
  • Cool 5
  • Bad 5

Members
17,826 posts
5,089 battles
6 minutes ago, Rabin69 said:

Nothing worries me more than a dd who insists on sending torps from max range from the second line, especially when I'm in a GK who turns like a barge.

The nice thing about being that DD is, with the GK being such a barge, it's easy to predict where you'll be, in order to miss you....:cap_haloween:

• Cool 1

[SHAFT]
Members
166 posts
10,011 battles
25 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

The nice thing about being that DD is, with the GK being such a barge, it's easy to predict where you'll be, in order to miss you....:cap_haloween:

Funny...…...NOT!!

Members
3,647 posts
13,511 battles

In high tier battles, I go into the fight expecting to have to evade torps from BOTH teams.

"Torpedoes to the left, torpedoes to the front, torpedoes from all sides, while stormed at with shot and shell. Into the mouth of torpedo hell, sailed the bold Hindenberg!"

• Cool 1

Members
450 posts
12,234 battles

YOUR kraken? Funny I never seem to have those reserved, I just sort of earn them...

• Cool 4

[SIMP]
Members
993 posts
1 hour ago, Rabin69 said:

You waste so much time trying to be aware of where their torps are coming from that you can never position properly.

And to top it off, the screwball steals my kraken when he finally lands one torp.....I tell you, you gotta see it to believe it.

H'mm two down votes...look like I triggered some dd captains that feel that type of behavior is acceptable.

20180622_150412_PGSB110-Grossdeutschland_47_Sleeping_Giant.wowsreplay

Yep.

Many DD drivers seem to think its their job to spam as many torpedoes at max range as possible and hope they hit something... most of the time it's friendly ships. :cap_book: OR in best case scenario, forcing friendly ships to maneuver into unfavorable positions so they don't get hit, making them easy (broadside) targets for the enemy. They fail to realize that the max range ability is very situational, and that they really ought to be up close and personal - you know, scouting and ambushing from less than 5km. Torps don't miss (and hit friendlies) when they all go into the side of an enemy ship. Just saying....

On the other hand, BB drivers need to know to get off the map edges, just because guns have a long max range, doesn't mean that's where you fire from an entire match. Its amazing how much more accurate those guns are closer to targets....

Beta Testers
2,849 posts
4,088 battles
6 minutes ago, Prothall said:

YOUR kraken? Funny I never seem to have those reserved, I just sort of earn them...

good one

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRiZRuJisgJlUYRE24xBD6

[5D]
Members
2,222 posts
14,024 battles
22 minutes ago, Prothall said:

+1 for you sir

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,783 posts
14,864 battles

steals my kraken

Did the Kraken have your name on it? Or is your complaint really "He got the kill before I could"?

[SHAFT]
Members
166 posts
10,011 battles
23 minutes ago, Prothall said:

Well it was almost earned...so I don't get your obnoxiousness

Dude, did you look at the replay?? That Monty was almost dead, I had taken him down from half health to under 2k, my back guns were swinging around and my secondaries were peppering him. I was the closest ship.

Sorry if I offended your sensibilities, but yes - My Kraken - one lucky torp launched from almost 14k away took that away.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,783 posts
14,864 battles
1 hour ago, Skpstr said:

Funny...…...NOT!!

Who are you kidding ... that's hilarious!

25 minutes ago, capncrunch21 said:

you know, scouting and ambushing from less than 5km.

While the cruisers and battleships on their team ignore the radar ships detecting them and getting them killed? Right ... 

• Cool 1

[SHAFT]
Members
166 posts
10,011 battles
1 minute ago, Umikami said:

Who are you kidding ... that's hilarious!

While the cruisers and battleships on their team ignore the radar ships detecting them and getting them killed? Right ... 

Agreed, you should try WOWS stand up... it was funny.

Members
450 posts
12,234 battles
13 minutes ago, Rabin69 said:

Well it was almost earned...so I don't get your obnoxiousness

Dude, did you look at the replay?? That Monty was almost dead, I had taken him down from half health to under 2k, my back guns were swinging around and my secondaries were peppering him. I was the closest ship.

Sorry if I offended your sensibilities, but yes - My Kraken - one lucky torp launched from almost 14k away took that away.

Your tone suggested that you were entitled to that kraken. By your own admission you did less than 50% of the damage on the target. Maybe someone else deserved the kill more. You didn't offend me. You are clearly riled up because someone else beat you to the punch.

I have seen teammates die repeatedly to low health opponents. I have lost several Krakens to this in the past, but if someone else can kill the red ship faster and secure the win I don't care.

Red is dead.

Edited by Prothall

[SHAFT]
Members
166 posts
10,011 battles
6 minutes ago, Prothall said:

Your tone suggested that you were entitled to that kraken. By your own admission you did less than 50% of the damage on the target. Maybe someone else deserved the kill more. You didn't offend me. You are clearly riled up because someone else beat you to the punch.

I have seen teammates die repeatedly to low health opponents. I have lost several Krakens to this in the past, but if someone else can kill the red ship faster and secure the win I don't care.

Red is dead.

Sorry, if the message was misunderstood.

To be honest its just the fact that the dd got the kill, having done basically squat the entire match except almost torp me and cause me to have to keep heading where I did not want to go, showing too much sides at time.

Any other ship on the team and it wouldn't have bothered me, it was the last kill and the game was basically over.

As just like you I have lots of 4 kill games that could have been krakens but for a couple of seconds of shell flight time.

Maybe I should have calmed down a bit before posting. Anyway thanks for at least posting a response.

Would appreciate if you could look at the replay and just let me know if at least you can agree that the dd was being P/*=K.

Members
450 posts
12,234 battles

The DD clearly had no business firing.

Too much risk, too little reward.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this