You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Kirishi_Kaze

Which Ship Should I Put Admiral Yamamoto On?

24 comments in this topic

[IPWA2]
Members
17 posts
2,345 battles

I'm working on unlocking Admiral Yamamoto, but I'm not sure which ship to put him on. I'm mostly a BB player and am trying to decide if he should go on the Yamato or Musashi. Any suggestions? And if you can give me a reason for putting him on that ship, such as some advantage, that would help a lot in my decision. 

Edited by Kirishi_Kaze

Members
1,334 posts
1,343 battles

Furutaka! :Smile_teethhappy: Only the best for her! 

Akizuki is quite the memes too. 

[HINON]
Supertester
18,957 posts
12,479 battles

Yamato.

Musashi is a premium, so can use a captain trained for Yamato without issues or problems or need to retrain.

Besides, he's Yamamoto, he belongs on the bridge of Yamato.

• Cool 1

[B2P]
Members
498 posts
13,268 battles

I have been puzzling this question myself for quite awhile.  To really get the full advantages of Yamamoto, you need to put him on a ship you are already doing well with.  His two extra advantages come with First Blood and Kraken.  At first I put him on my Yamato.  Almost never seem to get First Blood in Yamato, and have rarely gotten a Kraken with that ship.  So I moved him to Amagi, which I have had several Krakens, and since the move I have not been able to get either.  In fact I have yet to get a First Blood or Kraken with any ship I've had Yamamoto on.  I think he's cursed! :Smile_facepalm:

Lately I've been contemplating putting him on my Akizuki.  At least with that ship I stand a better chance of getting First Blood.  I swear that one day I will see Yamamoto's fireworks!!! :cap_rambo:

[YAN]
Members
1,637 posts
7,464 battles
19 minutes ago, Lert said:

Yamato.

Agreed.

That's where my Yamamato went. I then use him for all my IJN premiums bar CVs, Kii and Musashi.

[IPWA2]
Members
17 posts
2,345 battles

If we're talking from a historical stand point, I believe Yamamoto used both the Yamato and Musashi as his flagship at a time. Correct me if I'm wrong.  

• Cool 1

[KAPPA]
Members
157 posts
4,239 battles
3 minutes ago, DreadRaybo said:

I have been puzzling this question myself for quite awhile.  To really get the full advantages of Yamamoto, you need to put him on a ship you are already doing well with.  His two extra advantages come with First Blood and Kraken.  At first I put him on my Yamato.  Almost never seem to get First Blood in Yamato, and have rarely gotten a Kraken with that ship.  So I moved him to Amagi, which I have had several Krakens, and since the move I have not been able to get either.  In fact I have yet to get a First Blood or Kraken with any ship I've had Yamamoto on.  I think he's cursed! :Smile_facepalm:

Lately I've been contemplating putting him on my Akizuki.  At least with that ship I stand a better chance of getting First Blood.  I swear that one day I will see Yamamoto's fireworks!!! :cap_rambo:

Akizuki is hilarious to behold. All those red tracers!

As for OP's question, there really is only one answer. Musashi is a premium, and thus pointless to even try to bind a commander to, so sticking to those two ships, only Yamato is really an option. Personally, I'd build it in a way that works on both (because we all know how completely different the two are, right?) and use it on whomever you like whenever you like.

[SAA]
Members
818 posts
26,813 battles

I have him on my Atago just because I like to close support my DD's and I get to see the fireworks often.

[B2P]
Members
498 posts
13,268 battles

Does anyone know if there is a way to find out how many First Bloods and Krakens you have in a certain ship?

[WORX]
Members
1,647 posts
12,706 battles

Yamato cpt is best as a BB cpt really but you can experiment with other class ships. In the end I use Yamato cpt to lvl him up and to grind to the Yamato. In the end, Yamato cpt will stay with the Yamato  there is no other ship type he will fit well in. So put him in the Yamato   

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
1,940 posts
41 minutes ago, Kirishi_Kaze said:

I'm working on unlocking Admiral Yamamoto, but I'm not sure which ship to put him on. I'm mostly a BB player and am trying to decide if he should go on the Yamato or Musashi. Any suggestions? And if you can give me a reason for putting him on that ship, such as some advantage, that would help a lot in my decision. 

What class are you good at?  I forget which Youtuber I saw that put him on a  Akizuki hunting Pan Asian DD's,    He'd also do well on Musashi or Yamato with the new Expert Loader Expert Marksman enhanced skills

Edited by shadowsrmine

[IPWA2]
Members
17 posts
2,345 battles
Just now, shadowsrmine said:

What class are you good at?  I forget which Youtuber I saw that put him on a  Akizuki  he'd also do well on Musashi or Yamato with the new Expert Loader Expert Marksman enhanced skills

I'm primary a BB player, so I do better with BBs than any other class. 

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,742 posts
7,373 battles

Hashidate.:Smile_trollface:

But seriously. I put him on Zao, with a build that uses his skills, and can be transferred to quite a few other ships to build him to 19 more quickly.

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
1,940 posts
2 minutes ago, Kirishi_Kaze said:

I'm primary a BB player, so I do better with BBs than any other class. 

K then Yamato,Musashi  is the place to put him  best yet pretty sure he'd trade back n forth very well between those two

Edited by shadowsrmine

[ARP2]
Members
1,224 posts
3,566 battles

Nagato, obviously.

[DAKI]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,413 posts
4,309 battles

I put mine on Yamato, mainly because of Yamamoto's improved expert marksman. Every bit of turret traverse is crucial, especially with that incoming legendary upgrade.

[IPWA2]
Members
17 posts
2,345 battles
5 minutes ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

I put mine on Yamato, mainly because of Yamamoto's improved expert marksman. Every bit of turret traverse is crucial, especially with that incoming legendary upgrade.

Legendary upgrade? 

[O_O]
Members
4,334 posts
9,288 battles

Akizuki.  I get a lot of First Bloods and several Krakens with it, and as mentioned before, the high rate of fire with Yamamoto's red tracers is a bit intimidating.  He is also my go-to captain for my premium IJN DD's (Kamikaze R, Shinonome, and for some real seal-squealing fun, the Tachibana twins).

[SYN]
Members
14,378 posts
10,239 battles

Put it on Hashidate.

Proper top picks would be Akizuki, Zao, Yamato

Other options might be Fuso, Amagi, Shiratsuyu, Shimakaze

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,783 posts
14,864 battles
2 hours ago, Lert said:

Besides, he's Yamamoto, he belongs buried in a plane wreck on a forgotten island.

Fixed that for ya!

• Boring 1

[SW]
Beta Testers
1,886 posts
8,176 battles

T5 DD you may not see a lot of shells, but you will see  a lot of fireworks

[SIDE]
Members
1,205 posts
8,657 battles

Put him in Akizuki. Seems a better chance for his special skills to pop, and when the new IJN DD line extends, he is in a position to move up.

[PVE]
Members
5,317 posts
17,820 battles

My Yamamoto is a 19 pointer and have him assigned to my Myoko. I like him as a cruiser captain because I have 3 or 4 premium IJN cruisers and 3 or 4 premium DDs and my captain builds for both ship classes are pretty identical so I can farm more first win bonuses. I pretty much stopped my upward progression with IJN BBs with Nagato, just didn't find them interesting enough and the only IJN premium I have of that class is the Mikasa. I will plop him on it and play a match in co-op just to get another first win as I find in PvE player skill more important than captain skills.