Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Gearhead68

Special Upgrades

10 comments in this topic

[MOFOS]
Members
37 posts
4,439 battles

Hello - I hit the jackpot a few times in a row, and picked up a few special upgrades. But looking at what you have to give up to install them, it would seem that they are only useful on certain ships. Any comments on the utility of:

Damage Control Mod 1 (maybe only higher tier US BBs?)

Engine Boost Mod 1 (French cruisers maybe?)

Def AA fire Mod 1 (Seems completely useless due to lack of CVs in game, plus you would need to put in on a cruiser that has good AA, which enemy CVs would avoid anyway)

Opinions??

[HINON]
Members
8,797 posts

DC maybe on usn bbs but I don't know if I would choose it. Engine boost is quite helpful on gunboat Dds or the French cruisers. Def aa on an aa boat when you div with cvs.

Members
757 posts
3,938 battles

DCP Mod is useful on any ship, but is most useful on a BB since they can repair and have the longest base duration.

Engine boost is a MUST on DDs, particularly IJN ones that rely heavily on evasion.

DFAA Mod is situational but would really help Atlanta in particular.

Members
587 posts

Legendary Mod for Yamato looks great. Combination of Legendary mod plus what we have seen is this possible if they go in different slots?

Edited by Toxic_Potato

[B2P]
Members
490 posts
13,189 battles

I would say that engine boost is arguably the best mod of the three.  It's crazy fun to put on a Henri IV, and I'm sure it is probably just as desirable with top tier Russian DDs (I don't have any of those yet).

[LHG]
Members
1,617 posts
4,887 battles

Well, you're fir

58 minutes ago, Gearhead68 said:

Hello - I hit the jackpot a few times in a row, and picked up a few special upgrades. But looking at what you have to give up to install them, it would seem that they are only useful on certain ships. Any comments on the utility of:

Damage Control Mod 1 (maybe only higher tier US BBs?)

Engine Boost Mod 1 (French cruisers maybe?)

Def AA fire Mod 1 (Seems completely useless due to lack of CVs in game, plus you would need to put in on a cruiser that has good AA, which enemy CVs would avoid anyway)

Opinions??

Well yes, you're right.  You have to think pretty carefully about the choices you make with these modules.  I just got my first Supercontainer in months the other day and got ... wait for it ... the enhanced spotter plane which stays in the air 30% longer ... ...  yay ... . 

Some of these are obviously useful, others less so.  I could see using Def AA Mod 1 to enhance AA capabilities of Battleships, cruisers which don't have the High Alert AA consumable in the first place, or other cruisers which normally have to trade hydro to mount high alert AA where I want decent AA fire but want to mount the hydro consumable instead.  

Obviously, engine boost is going to help out most destroyers and possibly some French Cruisers while you'll probably get more mileage from a battleship with the DC mod.  

Really, most of these Premium mods are useful to an extent but they aren't game changers. 

[MOFOS]
Members
37 posts
4,439 battles

Ok, thanks for feedback. Not that the special upgrades are bad, its just, you are giving up a normal upgrade to get it. Extra engine boost is nice, but the trade off is a higher change to get your engine knocked out if used in DD. And using the damage control mod 1, means giving up the main armaments mod 1, so higher chance to get your weapons knocked out. But thanks for feedback.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,104 posts
18,616 battles
21 hours ago, NATOMarksman said:

DCP Mod is useful on any ship, but is most useful on a BB since they can repair and have the longest base duration.

It only gives you more time to be immune from being set on fire/flooded again. The amount of damage repaired is still the same.

Engine boost is a MUST on DDs, particularly IJN ones that rely heavily on evasion.

It's rather helpful on VMF DD since you have a high speed and high rof for the guns. Also for French cruisers since it helps you flanking.

DFAA Mod is situational but would really help Atlanta in particular.

No it don't help Atlanta since you can mount it only at T8+ ships. Still useful on cruisers that have a 7km+ AA range since you can protect other ships.

[WOLF9]
Members
3,136 posts

I'd love to get more of these, but supercontainers are as rare for me as hen's teeth.   So far, all I've gotten are the crappy spotter plane ones, and one DCP upgrade, which I put on Normandie I think.

Especially interested in the radar and AA ones.

AA because all the CV players are in co-op matches, and bot CV's don't care if you have AA or not- they'll keep coming anyway.   And, of course, OPS always has red CV's...

Sign in to follow this