You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Kirishi_Kaze

Never Matched with CV in USS Missouri

11 comments in this topic

[IPWA2]
Members
17 posts
2,345 battles

I've noticed an odd pattern, for some reason whenever I use the USS Missouri it is very rare/almost non-existent for me to be matched up in a carrier game. I run an AA build but rarely do I face CVs. However, it's quite the opposite when I use the IJN Musashi (which is not an AA capable ship). Matches with carriers in Musashi is very common and almost happens every game. Can someone explain this to me? Is there a hidden system that makes CV games rare for ships with good AA defense, or does this only happen to me?  

[HINON]
Supertester
18,912 posts
12,446 battles

Perception bias, most likely.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Members
9,863 posts
3 minutes ago, Lert said:

Perception bias, most likely.

Texas syndrome.....:Smile_teethhappy:

It's where you load up a Texas, with plenty of Carriers in queue, and see hardly any carriers, and if you do it's a Saipan that laughs at your AA.....

Load up a different BB? Two carriers per side.....:Smile_teethhappy:

And this isn't perception bias, it's been the Texas reality for over a year now....at least for me.

[PT8TO]
Members
1,402 posts
12,810 battles

Remove AA build get CV in match.

Put AA build back on never see CV again lol

Proven Fact.

Edited by GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND

Members
1,779 posts
5,639 battles

this is how these vicious rumors start. Hi tier's have very few CV's. Has nothing to do with what your build is..:Smile_facepalm:

Members
449 posts
12,207 battles

Let's see,...everyone is playing Clevelands these days. CVs are rare enough, but with everyone playing AA ships the few out there will dive down to low tiers. Play 5-7 and you will see 2 or 4 cvs in about every match right now because of the missions.

Members
3,774 posts

CV players get scared.  Missouri's AA just melts planes.   I had a match up earlier with tier 8 cv's.  The red cv tried and tried and tried.  He was just denied the opportunity.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,828 battles
1 hour ago, Kirishi_Kaze said:

Can someone explain this to me?

They're testing a part of the new CV re-work; they never have to see ships with strong AA. So f you don't want to play against CVs, just use an AA build.

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles

MM does that. It'll more often put you in a match where your build isn't needed. You switch them out, and you're in a battle your prior build would excell.

Don't buy into the hype of confirmation bias. Many peeps need to see proof for everything in their lives. Proof doesn't exist unless you're WG.

Your experiences will give your answers. Keeping data for yourself will also give you answers. 

If I see food that's got hair growing, and flies on it, I don't need to take a sample to be analyzed to know its bad. My experiences have taught me that.

Edited by Wulfgarn