You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
7_3_PowerStroke

Why should I keep playing this game?

39 comments in this topic

[KNMSU]
Members
1,417 posts
813 battles

I used to like this game. I really did. I'd recommend it to my friends and watch all the videos. I loved the level of detail and the gameplay seemed fun. But I'm struggling to keep playing it and enjoying it. My damage is terrible (32k average) and the teamplay doesn't exist. BB's camp, CV's don't spot, DD's hide behind island rather than spotting and screening for torpedoes, etc. I can't seen to get damage done, I can't get a win if someone died and willed it to me. Credit earning ingame is terrible, progression takes too long, ships seem to be optimised for one role and when that role isn't available they can't perform, loading into battle takes i kid you not 5 full minutes. ome on WG, make your servers easier to use, the list goes on and on. Someone give me a reason to stay with the game, because it seems like with every new patch it just gets worse. 

• Cool 3

[HINON]
Supertester
18,921 posts
12,454 battles

Don't.

It's not our job to inspire and motivate you. If you're not enjoying the game, uninstall and walk away.

• Cool 1

[KNMSU]
Members
1,417 posts
813 battles
Just now, Lert said:

Don't.

It's not our job to inspire and motivate you. If you're not enjoying the game, uninstall and walk away.

THing is, I feel like I've put too much time into it to just walk away...

[HINON]
Supertester
18,921 posts
12,454 battles
1 minute ago, Prinz_Eugen_Kai_Ni said:

THing is, I feel like I've put too much time into it to just walk away...

So? That's the sunk time fallacy.

This is a game. It's supposed to be fun.

Besides, your stuff will still be there in a few weeks / months when you reinstall and come back.

• Cool 4

Supertester
3,004 posts
10,057 battles
16 minutes ago, Prinz_Eugen_Kai_Ni said:

I used to like this game. I really did. I'd recommend it to my friends and watch all the videos. I loved the level of detail and the gameplay seemed fun. But I'm struggling to keep playing it and enjoying it. My damage is terrible (32k average) and the teamplay doesn't exist. BB's camp, CV's don't spot, DD's hide behind island rather than spotting and screening for torpedoes, etc. I can't seen to get damage done, I can't get a win if someone died and willed it to me. Credit earning ingame is terrible, progression takes too long, ships seem to be optimised for one role and when that role isn't available they can't perform, loading into battle takes i kid you not 5 full minutes. ome on WG, make your servers easier to use, the list goes on and on. Someone give me a reason to stay with the game, because it seems like with every new patch it just gets worse. 

I was literally just in a match with you where BB's were pushing and although we lost, it came down to the wire. I was in the Hipper and you were in the, well Prince Eugen.

Sorry, but the BB's that camp are rare. The DD's that hide are rare. Players that aren't team players are really few and far between. It may "seem" like you see them "every single match", but that is perception and not a fact, they are not one and the same.

Credit earning is subjective and dependent on two things 1) personal performance and 2) winning, though even if you lose you can make a good profit if you lose in a "non-premium" ship having a good personal match.

The statement "ships seem to be optimized for a single role" is misleading or you are looking at this game as a rock-paper-scissors. A lot of people do and I still debate that from open beta to this day. Reason is, is due to being able to pluck a DD in a BB from 12km -14km out given enough practice in a ship, I know because I can do it. Or how DD's can bait and set up CA/CL's (despite radar). Another example is CA's/CL's kiting BB's, there's a reason why they have a faster rudder shift time (damage avoidance), faster reload times, etc.

If it takes you 5 minutes to load into a battle there is a problem, though I must have caught you on a good match because you were in right away. The problem is not the client, but either in your PC or on your ISP, I assure you. I am not "fan boy'ing" this, merely stating my experience in this area as I have worked with the CS department on several occasions over several weeks. I've also helped a lot of people over the past couple of years optimize their PC's and have heard probably almost every excuse there is as to why the client should bend to their every whim and work, now, faster, operating on double 4k ultra super duper because they say it should. Meanwhile they own a 486 from 1995. 

No one can give you a reason to stay, only you can do that. But if you feel burned out, take some time off, most everyone who has played steady has done this, including me.

EDIT: What Lert said is absolutely correct. Your stuff will be untouched and when you come back, everything will be peachy. Heck, I took about 10 months or so off. Not only due to burnout, but health reasons. Although I missed the game, it was a nice breather and gave me a fresh perspective on things here when I came back. I am back to really enjoying it once again.

Edited by BURN_Miner

[KNMSU]
Members
1,417 posts
813 battles

The repeated games like this, where I try to play smart and use islands and work with team mates but just get focused to death the entire time, and that's the entirety of my wows life for the past several months...

Screenshot (4).png

[KNMSU]
Members
1,417 posts
813 battles
2 minutes ago, BURN_Miner said:

I was literally just in a match with you where BB's were pushing and although we lost, it came down to the wire. I was in the Hipper and you were in the, well Prince Eugen.

Sorry, but the BB's that camp are rare. The DD's that hide are rare. Players that aren't team players are really few and far between. It may "seem" like you see them "every single match", but that is perception and not a fact, they are not one and the same.

Credit earning is subjective and dependent on two things 1) personal performance and 2) winning, though even if you lose you can make a good profit if you lose in a "non-premium" ship having a good personal match.

The statement "ships seem to be optimized for a single role" is misleading or you are looking at this game as a rock-paper-scissors. A lot of people do and I still debate that from open beta to this day. Reason is, is due to being able to pluck a DD in a BB from 12km -14km out given enough practice in a ship, I know because I can do it. Or how DD's can bait and set up CA/CL's (despite radar). Another example is CA's/CL's kiting BB's, there's a reason why they have a faster rudder shift time (damage avoidance), faster reload times, etc.

If it takes you 5 minutes to load into a battle there is a problem, though I must have caught you on a good match because you were in right away. The problem is not the client, but either in your PC or on your ISP, I assure you. I am not "fan boy'ing" this, merely stating my experience in this area as I have worked with the CS department on several occasions over several weeks. I've also helped a lot of people over the past couple of years optimize their PC's and have heard probably almost every excuse there is as to why the client should bend to their every whim and work, now, faster, operating on double 4k ultra super duper because they say it should. Meanwhile they own a 486 from 1995. 

No one can give you a reason to stay, only you can do that. But if you feel burned out, take some time off, most everyone who has played steady has done this, including me.

After I died in that match, I looked back at A, and you, the Izumo and the NC were all hiding behind the island. There were no enemy ships other than the ones in front of me to hinder a push, but no one else moved up.  And that match was one of the few that was "down to the wire"

Edited by Prinz_Eugen_Kai_Ni

Supertester
3,004 posts
10,057 battles
1 minute ago, Prinz_Eugen_Kai_Ni said:

After I died in that match, I looked back at A, and you, the Izumo and the NC were all hiding behind the island. There were no enemy ships other than the ones in front of me to hinder a push, but no one else moved up. 

If no one else moved up, how did we have 3 caps at one point?

But I'm not going to debate on when we had 1,2, or 3 caps. You asked for people to give you a reason to stay and as I said, no one can do that but you. As Lert said, don't, if the game isn't fun, walk away, but you can always come back and your stuff will be here.

Good Luck

o7

[KNMSU]
Members
1,417 posts
813 battles
Just now, BURN_Miner said:

If no one else moved up, how did we have 3 caps at one point?

I never said no one else did. The other flank did. The group at A didn't

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
34 minutes ago, Prinz_Eugen_Kai_Ni said:

I used to like this game. I really did. I'd recommend it to my friends and watch all the videos.

I would suggest is take some time off from the game. Or play Co-Op and/or Operations, when I get fed up with PvE end of the game, I just into a Random just for a few games.

You could do the opposite.:Smile_honoring:

But you do leave, please come back when you can.

Edited by Chaos_EN2

[KNMSU]
Members
1,417 posts
813 battles
Just now, Chaos_EN2 said:

But you do leave, please come when you can.

What's this supposed to mean?

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
5 minutes ago, Prinz_Eugen_Kai_Ni said:

What's this supposed to mean?

Sorry typo "back" I fixed it.

[KNMSU]
Members
1,417 posts
813 battles
2 minutes ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

Sorry typo "back" I fixed it.

Maybe I will. Who knows.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
Just now, Prinz_Eugen_Kai_Ni said:

Maybe I will. Who knows.

Copy that, well fair winds.

[NAVY]
Members
999 posts
3,720 battles

Only you, yourself, can determine whether or not it is worth your time and effort to continue playing WoWs. If the game is no longer fun then as several others have suggested, the best thing to do is most likely to take a break. I took a six-month break last year and you will find that a number of longtime WoWs players have also taken breaks of varying degrees.

For me, taking a break was the best thing I could have done. When I came back in January of this year, I was looking forward to playing the game again, and so far,  I have had a blast.

Good luck and we will see you when we see you.

Happy Trails gif.gif

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
242 posts
4,101 battles
47 minutes ago, Prinz_Eugen_Kai_Ni said:

Someone give me a reason to stay with the game, because it seems like with every new patch it just gets worse. 

38 minutes ago, Lert said:

If you're not enjoying the game, uninstall and walk away.

Prinz, 

this is a game. check to see if you are having fun first. However, I am disappointed in your clans ability to create team cohesion.  div up and sail in teams. or quit. 

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
7 minutes ago, daVinci761st said:

I have had a blast.

Yeah he has even put up with me a couple times in game :cap_haloween:LOL:cap_haloween:

• Funny 1

[KNMSU]
Members
1,417 posts
813 battles
3 minutes ago, skillztowin said:

I am disappointed in your clans ability to create team cohesion.  div up and sail in teams. or quit. 

I've tried that. sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't

Members
322 posts
5,967 battles
1 hour ago, Prinz_Eugen_Kai_Ni said:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

[-K-]
Members
5,075 posts
8,942 battles
51 minutes ago, Prinz_Eugen_Kai_Ni said:

The repeated games like this, where I try to play smart and use islands and work with team mates but just get focused to death the entire time, and that's the entirety of my wows life for the past several months...

Screenshot (4).png

If you're only able to muster 2000 damage in any battleship, you're definitely doing something wrong.

In a Bismarck of all things, that blows my mind.  Did you only fire your guns once and just sail right into the enemy cap? :Smile_amazed:

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
307 posts
1,695 battles
55 minutes ago, Lert said:

So? That's the sunk time fallacy.

This is a game. It's supposed to be fun.

Besides, your stuff will still be there in a few weeks / months when you reinstall and come back.

+1 I felt in a similar position as the OP about 18 months ago.  Took an 18 month break and came back to enjoy the game some more.  Everything was still there (including some bonus ships for returning).

Don't force yourself to play if you are not enjoying it no matter how much time or money you have invested.

[KNMSU]
Members
1,417 posts
813 battles
1 minute ago, Ace_04 said:

If you're only able to muster 2000 damage in any battleship, you're definitely doing something wrong.

In a Bismarck of all things, that blows my mind.  Did you only fire your guns once and just sail right into the enemy cap? :Smile_amazed:

I pushed the wrong flank and got caught by the CVand a zao right at the start

Members
4,138 posts

Every couple of months I'll take a break as well, recharge and such.  Currently I'm playing Skyrim again as my internet is wacky at the moment.  So I'm in the middle of a 'forced' break.  But I'll be back, I want to grind to the Richelieu.

Members
2,204 posts
6,190 battles

take a break, I take weeks or months at a time off of my games..... I always come back to WOWs and it is fun again. nothing wrong with taking time off.

and Lert is right, time spent on a game alone is no reason to keep playing it. I quit SWTOR despite having put 5000+ hours into it over the years I played it and have not looked back. if I ever did go back, all my items, money and progress is still there, same with WOWS (minus premium time)

[HINON]
Members
8,834 posts

If your enjoyment is contingent upon improving your gameplay,  you should take steps to improve.  For example posting replays for critical feedback could help you get advice tailored to your needs. @Lord_Zath takes replay submissions and it is very enlightening. 

• Cool 1