You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Captain_Slattery

Awful looking permanent camo...

49 comments in this topic

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
394 posts
3,343 battles

Hey WG!

How about making some of the great looking temporary camos available as permanent camo instead of the tired looking, cookie cutter permanent camos that we have now?

I would really like to have this as an option when looking to purchase permanent camo for my ships.

CS

• Cool 5
  • Boring 1

[STW]
Members
658 posts
4,340 battles

I'd love a perma camo version of the Victory Salute camo, or having the option to choose it as a color scheme on the perma camos I've got.

[S0L0]
Members
204 posts
5,308 battles

There is a mod that improves the free camos looks greatly ...

Edited by JB_24

Members
2,459 posts
12,213 battles

Any time a camo thread pops up I take it as my duty to throw this idea out there....As a super container drop have a premium/perma camo tier token drop so that we have the option of putting it on a ship we choose at that designated tier...(instead of a specific ship camo as each player may not have or play that certain ship)

• Cool 1

[STW]
Members
658 posts
4,340 battles
8 minutes ago, Compassghost said:

Which permanent camos are you referring to that look awful?

Montana perma camo looks pretty meh and like it belongs on one of the German ships, I'd be happy if it looked more like the NC or New Mex perma camo.  I love the blue alternate color scheme on the Japanese perma camos, but the alternate American ones from the collection generally look pretty meh to me.  If I could choose the Victory Salute color scheme for all my ships though, I absolutely would.

Edited by Deviathan

Members
51 posts
49 battles
2 minutes ago, Deviathan said:

Montana perma camo looks pretty meh and like it belongs on one of the German ships, I'd be happy if it looked more like the NC or New Mex perma camo.  I love the blue alternate color scheme on the Japanese perma camos, but the alternate American ones from the collection generally look pretty meh to me.  If I could choose the Victory Salute color scheme for all my ships though, I absolutely would.

Another thay comes to mind is the North Carolina's perma camo. I love how she looks IRL - why couldn't they have just gone with that?

uss_north_carolina_bb_55_by_intrepid1708

• Cool 2

[YAN]
Members
1,637 posts
7,464 battles
4 minutes ago, Deviathan said:

Montana perma camo looks pretty meh and like it belongs on one of the German ships, I'd be happy if it looked more like the NC or New Mex perma camo.

That's a historically accurate camoflague, well as far as a paper ship can go for one anyway.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=uss+iowa+camouflage&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi52oPHvefbAhVEOBQKHWQmAfMQ_AUICigB&biw=2048&bih=764#imgrc=mUs8d0c3Sc6qxM:&spf=1529677714234

That camo is/is similar to Iowas camouflage she used in RL.

[STW]
Members
658 posts
4,340 battles
2 minutes ago, Akeno017 said:

That's a historically accurate camoflague, well as far as a paper ship can go for one anyway.

That's not something that is very important to me tbh, if historical isn't necessarily interesting then I'd rather have interesting.  I feel like I'm probably in the minority on this forum with that opinion though.

Edited by Deviathan

[YAN]
Members
1,637 posts
7,464 battles
Just now, Deviathan said:

That's not something that is very important to me tbh, if historical isn't necessarily interesting then I'd rather have interesting.  I feel like I'm probably in the minority on this forum with that opinion though.

If that's the case, I can quite easily offer you a mod that will change all the colours of quite a few camouflages ingame. That might help with your camo issue. But I don't really know how to upload it.

Its just a simply camouflague.xml mod, just needs to be stuck in res_mods to work if your interested.

[STW]
Members
658 posts
4,340 battles
Just now, Akeno017 said:

If that's the case, I can quite easily offer you a mod that will change all the colours of quite a few camouflages ingame. That might help with your camo issue. But I don't really know how to upload it.

Its just a simply camouflague.xml mod, just needs to be stuck in res_mods to work if your interested.

Yeah that'd be cool, you could save it in dropbox and then PM me a link to download it

Beta Testers
2,840 posts
4,070 battles

the only camos i think are hideous are the ijn perma camos,green just don't mix well with seaworthy ships.

[INTEL]
Members
6,631 posts
25,364 battles

The one that is fugly is the Candy Cane (Minekaze, Cleveland come to mind). Ugh

• Boring 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
394 posts
3,343 battles
2 minutes ago, Cruxdei said:

the only camos i think are hideous are the ijn perma camos,green just don't mix well with seaworthy ships.

I have the option to change it from crappy looking green to equally crappy looking blue.

I would just like to have the option to express my personal tastes for all to see in this game that I am steadily dropping $$$ into.

Just like I said I never would.  :fish_palm:

cs

[YAN]
Members
1,637 posts
7,464 battles
Just now, Captain_Slattery said:

I have the option to change it from crappy looking green to equally crappy looking blue.

You can edit the colours of all-but-some camoflagues by editing the camoflagues.xml file and putting it in Res_mods.

You cant change the patterns themselves, but you can do things such as simply removing the colours outright or adding your own.

[SYN]
Members
14,378 posts
10,239 battles

don't be hatin' on my Cleveland new years candycane camo

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
394 posts
3,343 battles
1 minute ago, Akeno017 said:

You can edit the colours of all-but-some camoflagues by editing the camoflagues.xml file and putting it in Res_mods.

You cant change the patterns themselves, but you can do things such as simply removing the colours outright or adding your own.

Am I going to have to do this every time that WG updates the game, like with Aslain's mudpack?

Can other people see this camo change or just me?

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,783 posts
14,864 battles
33 minutes ago, Compassghost said:

Which permanent camos are you referring to that look awful?

The one that look like actual camos and not advertisements for Life Savers?

Members
31 posts
537 battles
2 minutes ago, Captain_Slattery said:

Am I going to have to do this every time that WG updates the game, like with Aslain's mudpack?

yes

just you

[YAN]
Members
1,637 posts
7,464 battles
5 minutes ago, Captain_Slattery said:

If your using mine, you only need to download and stick it in your folder, move across ( each update creates a new res mods folder, IE 0.7.8.0 while the files rename in 0.7.6.0 etc ) So yes.

Its a local change only, as all mods are.

[UEFN]
Members
386 posts
11,570 battles

check out the permanent camo for Henri, looks like it was painted by my dog, it has to be the worst and ugliest camo i have ever seen, a naked ship looks 10x better than the garbage that cost 5000 doubloons for the Henri.

Beta Testers
770 posts
5,859 battles
3 hours ago, Deviathan said:

I'm with ya!

Beta Testers
770 posts
5,859 battles
3 hours ago, Cruxdei said:

With the alternate option you can change them to Blue/Grey/Black.