Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ace_04

Future Line Splits

16 comments in this topic

[-K-]
Members
5,094 posts
8,969 battles

Good day all,

With the imminent release of the USN light cruiser sub-branch, it does bring to mind what other potential splits we may see in the future.  Regarding actual ships, we definitely know there is enough material to do a second USN battleship branch, and possibly even a second DD branch.  I'll even go as far to say a British heavy cruiser sub-branch is a certainty down the road.  But beyond that, do you think there is enough material out there to split any other lines?

• possible French cruiser split (light/heavy)?
  • possible British destoyer split?
  • possible Japanese battleship split?

[HINON]
Supertester
7,522 posts
7,578 battles

Even though we  are a long ways off before we get another line split in the game, I would like to see some RN heavy cruisers.

• Cool 2

[HYDRO]
Members
1,336 posts
3,669 battles

It was suggested on the forums some time ago that a IJN cruiser line could have some candidates, with a focus on AA. No idea how much would have to be paper ships to fill the blanks.

Edit: Just found it

Edited by warheart1992
  • Cool 1

[YAN]
Members
1,637 posts
7,464 battles

Definitely think theres enough material to make IJN CV and BB splits, although I don't doubt the former anytime soon, for being carriers.

[INTEL]
Members
6,632 posts
25,386 battles

I'd like to see RN CA indeed.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,783 posts
14,864 battles
1 hour ago, Ace_04 said:

possible British destoyer split?

I'd be happy if we just got some British DDs.

1 hour ago, renegadestatuz said:

I would like to see some RN heavy cruisers.

That would be cool too!

1 hour ago, warheart1992 said:

No idea how much would have to be paper ships to fill the blanks.

Think Super-Akizuki and Super-Duper-Akizuki.

Supertester
1,464 posts
16 battles

WG have said that they would complete the main nations first, but after that, there is plenty of material out there for extra lines.

- USN DDs 7-10
- USN CAs 6-10 (Conventional CAs, Not the Large Cruisers, a CB is just synonymous for BC)
- USN BBs 3-10
- USN BCs 5-10 (This one is a bit iffy, a few holes with it)
- USN CVs 5-10

- IJN DD 2-4 9-10 (Finishing that line that currently exists)
- IJN CLs 2-8/9
- IJN BCs 3-10
- IJN CVs 5-9

- RN DLs 2-10
- RN DD-AA 4-9
- RN CL-AA 3-7/8/9/10 (Depends if you want a lot of Minotaur variants at tiers 8, 9 and 10)
- RN CA 2-10
- RN CAs 7-10 (Not likely to come, but a possibility. Only uses 1 real ship, with 2 clones, better left to just the first CA line)
- RN BCs 3-10
- RN Slow BBs 3-10
- RN CVLs 4-10

- KM DLs 2-10 (Or just the larger German DDs with 150mm guns)
- KM CAs / Panzerschiffes 4-10 (Not Large Cruisers, but various Panzerschiffe designs that really are the large cruisers, and not pseudo-BCs)
- KM BCs 3-10

- MN DDs (Which one of the torpilleurs and contre-torpilleurs doesn't come first)

I don't consider myself that up to scratch on other nations to really comment. It seems unlikely since the main nations will have most of the splits. 

Members
38 posts
10,088 battles

PTs and MBTs  E-boats with ONLY four torps period....fast with nimble with 20 and 30 mm guns. Coastal Monitors! Island invasions covering landing craft from LSTs! Blend WOWs with WOWPs...in ten years maybe? Eh just dreaming.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,694 posts
10,037 battles
35 minutes ago, Trainspite said:

WG have said that they would complete the main nations first, but after that, there is plenty of material out there for extra lines.

The problem is defining what a major nation is.

The USSR and UK have 2 lines each, with the USSR having a bonus split. Which is the minor nation?

[HINON]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,199 posts
2,029 battles
9 minutes ago, mofton said:

The USSR and UK have 2 lines each, with the USSR having a bonus split. Which is the minor nation?

Obviously the Royal Navy. They weren't much more than a glorified coast guard, not a real ocean-going force with major impacts on either world war, never mind world history as a whole.

[CHA0S]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
117 posts
3,578 battles

Me personally i would like the see a US BB split because we don't have the Nevada class BB or the Tennessee class and a non premium SoDak as the other tier 8 US BB to the North Carolina also could put the pennsylvania class in to as the other tier 6 BB next to the New Mexico just my opinion.

Supertester
1,464 posts
16 battles
22 minutes ago, mofton said:

For the serious answer, I assume it means those already in game with a tech tree, replacing Pan-Asia with forza Italia.

[IPWA2]
Members
17 posts
2,345 battles

I would love to see a new line of BBs. It just feels like BBs haven't been getting enough love lately. 

[WOLF2]
Members
49 posts
3,561 battles
20 minutes ago, Kirishi_Kaze said:

I would love to see a new line of BBs. It just feels like BBs haven't been getting enough love lately. 

We just saw the release of French bb like 2-3 patches ago...

[IPWA2]
Members
17 posts
2,345 battles
1 minute ago, Elidan123 said:

We just saw the release of French bb like 2-3 patches ago...

True, you're right, but I'm talking about line spits. I guess I didn't clarify that, my bad. 

Sign in to follow this