You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Taichunger

DEV BLOG: ST, German battleship Prinz Eitel Friedrich, Tier VI

118 comments in this topic

[INTEL]
Members
8,410 posts
25,252 battles

ST, German battleship Prinz Eitel Friedrich, Tier VI

Hit points – 52 300. Plating - 25 mm. Armor belt – 270 mm. Torpedo damage reduction – 27%.

Main battery - 4x2 350 mm. Firing range – 17.8 km. Maximum HE shell damage – 4000. Chance to cause fire – 27%. Maximum AP shell damage - 10500. Reload time - 24 s. 180 degree turn time - 30 s. Maximum dispersion - 241 m. HE initial velocity - 815 m/s. AP initial velocity - 815 m/s. Sigma value – 2.0.

Secondaries - 8х2 105 mm, range - 5,0 km, Maximum HE Shell Damage - 1200, Reload Time - 3,4 с. 14х1 150 mm, range - 5,0 km, Maximum HE Shell Damage - 1700, Reload Time - 7,5 с.

AA defense - 12х1 20 mm, range - 2,0 km, damage per second - 36. 8х2 37 mm, range - 3,5 km, damage per second - 21. 8х2 105 mm, range - 4,5 km, damage per second - 134.

Maximum speed - 28 kt. Turning circle radius - 800 m. Rudder shift time – 14,0 s. Surface detectability – 12,4 km. Air detectability – 12,4 km. Detectability after firing main guns in smoke – 11,0 km.

Available consumables:

Slot 1 - Damage Control Party

Slot 2 - Repair party

All stats are listed without crew and upgrade modifiers but with best available modules. The stats are subject to change during the testing.

Please note that the information in the Development Blog is preliminary.

Image may contain: ocean, sky, outdoor and water

• Cool 6

[INTEL]
Members
8,410 posts
25,252 battles

Mackensen class Battlecruiser, never built. 

• Cool 2

[DAKI]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,391 posts
4,284 battles

Cool, it's the never built Mackensen class battlecruiser. I like how it looks.

• Cool 4

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
17 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

German battleship Prinz Eitel Friedrich, Tier VI

Oh Yeah, I want one:Smile_honoring:

• Cool 2

Alpha Tester
1,940 posts
10 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

With WG modernizations all over it though, so it's not really Mackensen.

• Cool 1

[-TAB-]
Alpha Tester
4,070 posts
7,515 battles

Interesting!  I rather like the design and the stats seem reasonably nice.

Not sure if I'd get it considering I have Scharnhorst and Tirpitz already, but we'll see.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,019 posts
11,539 battles

Interesting ship.  I'll follow this development with interest

[POP]
Members
1,153 posts
14,731 battles
15 minutes ago, Wolcott said:

With WG modernizations all over it though, so it's not really Mackensen.

Hi

Your right looking at some drawings on Google and comparing it with WOWS pictures its definitely modernized its looks like she has the Atlantic bow , also altered the shape of the smoke funnels.

Those are just a few things I noticed at a glance bit disappointing don't get me wrong happy to see another German ship and a Battlecruiser at that just wish they would just do some of the old girls like  Von Der Tann  or derfflinger  or any of them in there original configuration.

Oh well ones better then none I guess

cheers   

Edited by tm63au
  • Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,789 posts

Sweet!  All over it.

Another secondary heavy German boat.  Love it.   Of course, as a battlecruiser brawling probably not her thing, but whatever, nice to have them anyway,  I do like battlecruisers.

Too bad the casemate secondaries are HE.  I've actually found that the AP secondaries on Bayern do HUGE damage to destroyers and cruisers.  Way outpacing the HE.  Maybe they're worried that's too much.

[TSPC]
Beta Testers
1,104 posts
10,087 battles
33 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

incorrect.  Partially built.  Hull of Mackensen was laid down and nearly completed.  Technically a "paper" ship but, actual plans existed.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[HINON]
Supertester
7,520 posts
7,578 battles
11 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

Sweet!  All over it.

Another secondary heavy German boat.  Love it.   Of course, as a battlecruiser brawling probably not her thing, but whatever, nice to have them anyway,  I do like battlecruisers.

Too bad the casemate secondaries are HE.  I've actually found that the AP secondaries on Bayern do HUGE damage to destroyers and cruisers.  Way outpacing the HE.  Maybe they're worried that's too much.

If they go with the planned/designed armor layout she may not be too good of a brawler. At least not as good as other German BBs in game since she was not designed with a turtleback.

Edited by renegadestatuz

[MIA-A]
Members
2,010 posts
9,599 battles

The concealment, secondaries, and AA seem a bit strong, really. The concealment at the very least, needs a nerf. The secondaries should probably lose some casemate mounted guns in exchange for those modern 105mm DP guns.

• Boring 1

[KNTI2]
Members
107 posts
444 battles

memeship

[INTEL]
Members
8,410 posts
25,252 battles
16 hours ago, RobertViktor68 said:

incorrect.  Partially built.  Hull of Mackensen was laid down and nearly completed.  Technically a "paper" ship but, actual plans existed.

*sigh*

• Boring 1

[WOLF2]
Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles
52 minutes ago, Falls_USMC said:

A German BB with 2.0 sigma? 

Color me interested. 

No kidding.

Hey guys, we made a battleship that can hit the broadside of a barn. Should we put guns like this on our ships in the future?

Nah.

[MIA-A]
Members
2,010 posts
9,599 battles
21 minutes ago, RobertViktor68 said:

Yup.  Here's a shot of Prinz Eitel Friedrich  and an unfinished Bayern class as they were in 1920:
1024px-Hamburg_port_NARA-68155073_(cropp

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,789 posts
7 minutes ago, thegamefilmguruman said:

The concealment, secondaries, and AA seem a bit strong, really. The concealment at the very least, needs a nerf. The secondaries should probably lose some casemate mounted guns in exchange for those modern 105mm DP guns.

No she needs it.  She's a battlecruiser with only a 28kt top speed.  Plus the 105mm guns aren't worth much as secondaries.

Finally, the plans for the Mackensons called for 300mm of armor over the citadel, yet she's getting only 270, so already nerfed.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,789 posts
12 minutes ago, renegadestatuz said:

If they go with the planned/designed armor layout she may not be too good of a brawler. At least not as good as other German BBs in game since she was not designed with a turtleback.

Yeah I don't see her doing much brawling.  Just wish she was faster.  I guess she's faster than most battleships of the tier though.  But she'll have a problem when uptiered.

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,410 posts
3,410 battles
24 minutes ago, tm63au said:

Those are just a few things I noticed at glance bit disappointing don't get me wrong happy to see another German ship and a Battlecruiser at that just wish they would just do some of old girls like  Von Der Tann  or derfflinger  or any of them in there original configuration.

Let's be fair here; not many players were happy with dreadnoughts past T4 (all of the old A Hulls of the IJN BB line from T5 to T8) especially ones being sold (Ashitaka and Mutsu), and even WG admitted that dreadnought hulls past T4 didn't work well, which is why they preemptively began using partial to full fictional refit hulls starting with the KM BB line onwards and leaving dreadnoughts mostly to T4 and below.

[HINON]
Supertester
7,520 posts
7,578 battles
4 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

Yeah I don't see her doing much brawling.  Just wish she was faster.  I guess she's faster than most battleships of the tier though.  But she'll have a problem when uptiered.

Yeah and I’m not a fan of 30mm of her armor belt missing either. That’s the first thing I noticed when I saw the stats on the dev blog. She’s a good looking ship though and I will more than likely get her. I will be watching her development closely.

Edited by renegadestatuz

[POP]
Members
1,153 posts
14,731 battles
6 minutes ago, thegamefilmguruman said:

Yup.  Here's a shot of Prinz Eitel Friedrich  and an unfinished Bayern class as they were in 1920:
1024px-Hamburg_port_NARA-68155073_(cropp

Looks operational to me :Smile_teethhappy: