You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
crazyferret23777

Is it worth putting DE on the KGV and the Nelson?

13 comments in this topic

[KNTI2]
[KNTI2]
Members
166 posts
8,132 battles

To me, no. You have to spam HE to feel the difference but with a 25-30 sec reload rate, you won't notice the improvement. I used to have it on my Dunkerque which has great fire chance, took it off and still feels the same to me. DE is something for cruisers or destroyers because they constantly output HE which increase their chances of fire.

WoWS Wiki Editor
7,203 posts
6,433 battles

Not worth it. DE gets more valuable the more shells you pump out every minute. So a rapid firing ship like for example the Des Moines will benefit far more than a slow firing Battleship. In fact, no Battleship is really suited for DE.

[REVY]
Members
6,010 posts
5,102 battles

It depends.  Since it's a RN BB, your probably going to be firing HE 95% of the time, rather then maybe 33% in a different national battleship.  But for say the Nelson, a 2% increase on a 46% base only means a 4% increase in fire chance.  On a Fletcher with a 5% base chance, a 2 % increase means the difference of a 40% increase in fire chance.  Fire is your primary weapon, so increasing it is good, but the increase in firechance would be difficult to perceive.

Edited by Sventex
  • Cool 1

[NAVY]
Members
999 posts
3,720 battles
27 minutes ago, crazyferret23777 said:

Does it noticeable help with fire starting when you have it or is there no significant difference? TIA

I don't think there is enough of a benefit to take DE on the Nelson, as @Sventex pointed out.

Depending on how many skill points your Nelson commander has, I would recommend BoS over DE. Some Nelson players will take SI to have 1 more Repair Party consumable available to use.

Edit: When I'm not training up other British commanders, I have a 10 point commander that I use on my Nelson currently and this is the build - http://shipcomrade.com/captcalc/0100000010000000100000000100000010

Edited by daVinci761st

[INTEL]
Members
8,407 posts
25,228 battles
16 hours ago, crazyferret23777 said:

Does it noticeable help with fire starting when you have it or is there no significant difference? TIA

Nope. For those three points you can get more useful skills. Their fire chance is already high enough. 

I have a 19 pter in my captain for KGV/DoY/Nelson with a survival build. 

[HINON]
Supertester
18,902 posts
12,435 battles

Not worth it. The increase is incremental at best. DE is best suited for a small caliber, high ROF ship. for example, 2% on top of 5% is a 40% increase in fire starting potential per shell. 2% on top of 35% is only a 5.7% increase per shell.

Members
2,156 posts
4,848 battles

KGV and Nelson are 2 ships that definitely do not need any help starting fires. you're better off taking something to help survive the battle to the end.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,325 posts
9,387 battles

For BBs, I use the better torp detection captain skill....   (right next to demo)

Regardless of skill and situation awareness, good DD players will always sneak up on me. 

And they usually attack after I become busy with someone else, and can't show other ships a broadside to avoid them.

[WOLFB]
Members
1,646 posts
8,016 battles

RN BB in general don't need DE. Heck no BB need HE, except maybe German for secondary ? I'm not sure. 

You better take BoS, SI, Vigilence... Almost all T3 skill are really good when it comes to BB .

Members
6,620 posts
25,236 battles

Late to the thread. I say no for the reasons stated.

Good for cruisers, not generally for BBS, esp not those.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,335 posts
10,122 battles
4 hours ago, Taichunger said:

Nope. For those three points you can get more useful skills. Their fire chance is already high enough. 

I have a 19 pter in my captain for KGV/DoY/Nelson with a survival build. 

This ^^^

The fire chance is already so obscenely high adding 2% to it is just a waste of the 3 pts IMO. I would use it for a 3pt skill that actually helps like SI (my choice for that extra repair) or BOS. Or BFT if you went with an AA build (not ideal for these 2 BB's but maybe you did). Even Vigilance would be a better use of the 3pts than DE (on any BB).

Edited by AdmiralThunder