Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
crazyferret23777

KGV Question

11 comments in this topic

Members
208 posts
4,270 battles

Just purchased the KGV and I was wondering if anyone can give me tips on how best to play her? I see that her HE is really powerful but how is the AP? Has anyone had an amazing game in her that they can share? TIA

[HINON]
Supertester
18,966 posts
12,487 battles

A good watch, in-depth history and gameplay guide by a very good player.

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,623 posts
521 battles

Just spam HE at everything and laugh all the way to the bank because national flavor. 

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
4 minutes ago, Lert said:

A good watch, in-depth history and gameplay guide by a very good player.

THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

[VW]
Members
1,846 posts
12,290 battles

She’s a beast. Hang back at range, fire he to light fires. Spread the love and relight as people put them out. The ap is good but can be hard to cit bbs, takes solid chunks off broadsides though. She’s great for farming arsonist and whither.

Edited by monpetitloup

Members
3,647 posts
13,511 battles

KGV is a damn good bote. She prints Arsonist Achievements. IMHO, she rivals Scharnhorst as the best tier 7 BB. And at long range she'll do a serious damn - damn on Scharnie, or anything else for that matter.

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,784 posts
12,916 battles

Personally, I like the KGV AP rounds.  I use them a lot.  Switch to HE against angled BBs, or when the AP isn't getting it done.

• Cool 1

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,661 posts
14,042 battles

You need to milk survival of KGV to last into the late match.  Surviving Cruisers are on their last chunks of HP and easy to kill even with KGV HE shells.  Even better, enemy BBs tend to be battered and their DCP in various states of cooldown.  That BB with 20k HP left with DCP on cooldown, suddenly eating KGV HE salvo with 2 fires set, is suddenly in very, very big trouble.

KGV at Tier VII also runs into some far heavier armored Battleships, some just as fast or faster than KGV herself.  The equalizer for KGV is her concealment and the fact that RN BB HE doesn't care about your armor.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Community Department
2,022 posts
501 battles
1 hour ago, crazyferret23777 said:

Just purchased the KGV and I was wondering if anyone can give me tips on how best to play her? I see that her HE is really powerful but how is the AP? Has anyone had an amazing game in her that they can share? TIA

38 minutes ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Personally, I like the KGV AP rounds.  I use them a lot.  Switch to HE against angled BBs, or when the AP isn't getting it done.

I've played it with AP too. Enemy cruisers  suffer much. For others use HE.  
I used to play her with Priority Target, Jack of All Trades, Adrenaline Rush, Demolition Expert, Concealment Expert. The rest on your choise. 

[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,446 posts
6,482 battles
1 hour ago, crazyferret23777 said:

AP, use it on broadside targets and cruisers. :Smile_teethhappy: HE them first, just to get them aggravated enough to broadside you, them wham the AP home.
I worked AP and HE mix in close range engagements.  :Smile_honoring: 

Sign in to follow this