mix_92

Unsportsmanlike Behavior

15 comments in this topic

[NSGUY]
Members
1 post
1,166 battles

Today I was playing a game with the Furtaka and I launched my torpedoes at a Battleship but a destroyer on my team took the kill and all but one of my torpedoes hit the sunken ship. the last one of my torps( which is very slow btw) went on and the same destroyer intentionally went into it. I received a penalty but that's not why i' writing this. I just wanted to know if there is a way to report this kind of player. Very unsportsmanlike and frustrating.

• Bad 4

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,871 posts
13,382 battles

Yes there is  :    Right click on his name - Report - Unsportsmanlike conduct.

But how do you know he deliberately ran into your torps?

[TBW]
Members
6,338 posts
11,884 battles

You torped when a team member could get hit by your torps, you're right that is very unsportsmanlike. Seems like you reported it already. I'm not trying to be a Richard, but you own your own torps.

Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Members
2,156 posts
4,848 battles

he didn't take the kill from you. he got the kill. you launched your torps when they had the possibility to hit a friendly. both of these things are on you and your mindset.

a DD has enough on their mind (especially one that close to a BB) without having to factor in 'friendly' torps on top of it all. it's entirely possible that he ran into your torp on purpose. but a DD player that just sank an enemy BB doesn't really come off as the kind of player who would do that and ruin the potential for an even better game. it's more likely that he had 99 problems already, and your torpedo shouldn't have been one.

the only unsporting behavior here is your inability to accept fault.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

[NGA-B]
Alpha Tester
9,346 posts
3,646 battles
1 hour ago, Camo68 said:

Yes there is  :    Right click on his name - Report - Unsportsmanlike conduct.

But how do you know he deliberately ran into your torps?

I've literally had two people do this to me. Sadly I didn't have replays on, one admitted it. The other I warned my torps were out and he said something akin to 'unable to understand' and boom.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,871 posts
13,382 battles
1 hour ago, J30_Reinhardt said:

I've literally had two people do this to me. Sadly I didn't have replays on, one admitted it. The other I warned my torps were out and he said something akin to 'unable to understand' and boom.

In 11,000 games I've had only one who deliberately steered into my torps.   Thankfully I have had only a few torp hits on allies...........despite being tempted when ships get in between me and my pray! :cap_rambo:

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles

To OP you fired them and hit a Teammate so that is on you. And BTW there is no such thing as Kill Stealing (taking my kill).

I saw this come in chat during a battle, while I was using my V-170, coming from the other DDs in the Team. How the player who gets hit by the Torpedoes it is their fault. I told them, they was wrong and saw them fire their Torpedoes in the middle of two BBs fighting each other. They both ended up pink because it hit the Teammate's BB and sank it.

During a battle many players get tunnel vision, and some have chat turned off and I have played with players who the sound shut off so they do not wake the baby. So the chat warnings do not always work for reasons like these, along with the game's warnings of Torpedoes.

Just like if you burn a teammate down to the waterline you are going to get marked TK, so before fire any type of Ammo you need to make sure your Teammates are clear, if you are not sure then to not fire until you are sure they are clear.

And NO Wargaming does not need to remove Friendly Fire, just learn the game.

Edited by Chaos_EN2
  • Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[NAVY]
Members
999 posts
3,720 battles
3 hours ago, mix_92 said:

Today I was playing a game with the Furtaka and I launched my torpedoes at a Battleship but a destroyer on my team took the kill and all but one of my torpedoes hit the sunken ship. the last one of my torps( which is very slow btw) went on and the same destroyer intentionally went into it. I received a penalty but that's not why i' writing this. I just wanted to know if there is a way to report this kind of player. Very unsportsmanlike and frustrating.

Actually, you are the one who was unsportsmanlike @mix_92 . The fact you are accusing a teammate of kill stealing in WoWs makes me think the DD player didn't purposefully steer into your torp spread. You are just mad he got the kill and you didn't. In a team game like WoWs, there is no kill stealing. You can ask in chat if you can have a kill, but outside of that, everybody on your team is trying to kill the enemy as fast as possible to secure the win. You still get credit and XP for any damage you did to the enemy BB.

You fired your torps at a BB that the friendly DD was already engaging. You took a risky shot and one of your torps from your spread hit the friendly. You are responsible for your torps and any shells you fire.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Members
588 posts

Please, you are at fault. 

Steal your kill? 

I play almost only Tier 10. Best ships and definitely best players. Thankfully I just don’t have to deal with players like the original poster.

• Cool 2

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,268 posts

To answer your original questions OP, if you have a replay you can send it off to customer service. If for example, the dd can clearly be seen moving at speed to get in front of the torpedo, they might take a closer look at that player's actions in the engagement. It would have to be blatantly obvious, with chat comments (like "Oh look a torpedo coming my way... maybe I can just get...yes!" along with the replay. 

If you do not have replays enable, you should enable them, for a whole lot of reasons, primarily for  your own review of actions taken. 

If you have replays enabled, I would encourage you to review the replay first, to determine if your analysis is accurate and unbiased. If it is, feel free to send it along with a description to customer service. 

[LRM]
Supertester
550 posts
5,054 battles
On 6/22/2018 at 4:03 AM, daVinci761st said:

Actually, you are the one who was unsportsmanlike @mix_92 . The fact you are accusing a teammate of kill stealing in WoWs makes me think the DD player didn't purposefully steer into your torp spread. You are just mad he got the kill and you didn't. In a team game like WoWs, there is no kill stealing. You can ask in chat if you can have a kill, but outside of that, everybody on your team is trying to kill the enemy as fast as possible to secure the win. You still get credit and XP for any damage you did to the enemy BB.

You fired your torps at a BB that the friendly DD was already engaging. You took a risky shot and one of your torps from your spread hit the friendly. You are responsible for your torps and any shells you fire.

And this, when your team agrees late in game to let you have the kill (if you can get it), occasionally leads to some very amusing things.

Case in point: Duelling with 2 DD's at the end of a losing game in my Bogue. The surviving people on their team sportingly allowed us to slug it out. I got one of them, he got a wee bit too close and inertia was on my side when I rammed him.

[SOV]
Members
381 posts
6,357 battles

As soon as OP stated "stole my kill" the case was already closed

Members
1,865 posts
5,656 battles

The golden rule of torpedoes is "you fire them, you own them".

It is ALWAYS the fault of the one who fired the torpedoes if they hit a teammate or sink them.

Members
1 post
On 6/25/2018 at 5:46 AM, Avenge_December_7 said:

The golden rule of torpedoes is "you fire them, you own them".

It is ALWAYS the fault of the one who fired the torpedoes if they hit a teammate or sink them.

I disagree. I fired my torps on every occasion with the team in mind. Seeing a cruiser going forward, I'm like ok I can shoot. Then my torps on their way, and mind you this is pretty mid/long range. The guy suddenly decides to back up. Right into my torps.