You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Raigoth

Free captain retraining

10 comments in this topic

[T-SEC]
[T-SEC]
Beta Testers
259 posts
1,425 battles

Any idea on when this will happen again?

[NDA]
Supertester
4,791 posts
13,617 battles

I think there is a discounted respec coming up this weekend. 

But they have only offered a Free Captain respec at the end of Clan Battles, last time you had to play one CB to be eligible.

The other times WG gave us a Free Captain respec when they did something major to the Skill Tree.

So the answer your question. 

rzO99lh.gif

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
1,323 posts
14,695 battles
7 minutes ago, Raigoth said:

Usually comes with either a shift in game play due to significant change (example, smoke nerf) so maybe when CVs get reworked OR after clan battles so players can respec their ships.

Edited by Warped_1

[NAVY]
Members
999 posts
3,720 battles
20 minutes ago, Raigoth said:

12 minutes ago, RedSeaBear said:

But they have only offered a Free Captain respec at the end of Clan Battles, last time you had to play one CB to be eligible.

The other times WG gave us a Free Captain respec when they did something major to the Skill Tree.

rzO99lh.gif

Not sure when we will get another free commander respec from WG, but @RedSeaBear is correct. There is a 50% discount to captain respec and retraining this coming weekend from June 22-26th.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/june-missions-2018/

June 22–26. International Day of the Seafarer

The International Day of the Seafarer is celebrated on June 25. We’ve prepared some attractive discounts for your ship commanders as well as missions for Commander XP and signals.

Discounts:

• –60% to Doubloons on commander skills resetting;
  • –50% to Doubloons on commander retraining;
  • –50% to Doubloons on places in reserve.

[SALVO]
Members
16,649 posts
17,300 battles
41 minutes ago, RedSeaBear said:

Actually, IIRC, they offered a free respec both before and after both Clan Battles seasons to date.  In large part, I think that this was done due to the fact that there have been no CVs in CB's.  So many players wanted to respec their ships they had set up for randoms where CVs were a possibility for CBs where no CVs were at all possible.  And then after CBs, they wanted to respec back to their random battles "CVs possible" set ups.

[PVE]
Members
5,324 posts
17,834 battles
4 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Actually, IIRC, they offered a free respec both before and after both Clan Battles seasons to date.  In large part, I think that this was done due to the fact that there have been no CVs in CB's.  So many players wanted to respec their ships they had set up for randoms where CVs were a possibility for CBs where no CVs were at all possible.  And then after CBs, they wanted to respec back to their random battles "CVs possible" set ups.

I think you are right Crucis, it is the way I remember it as well. Course I have a terrible memory....

[SALVO]
Members
16,649 posts
17,300 battles
3 minutes ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

We should get one when CBs start, and when they end.

Well, assuming that the next CBs season starts next Friday (which seems likely), I think that this upcoming retraining/respec discount event is about the best you're likely to get this time around.  I get the feeling that WG doesn't really want to do free respecs before and after every CBs season until they finish the CV rework and allow CVs into CBs.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,783 posts
14,864 battles
3 hours ago, Raigoth said:

SOON ... That arbitrary piece of time somewhere between now and the death of the universe.

[T-SEC]
[T-SEC]
Beta Testers
259 posts
1,425 battles

Hopefully they do it soon, Ive got some captains im wanting to retrain (obviously) so that they can become more useful.