You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Birddog09

spotted by planes

10 comments in this topic

[RG]
Alpha Tester
13 posts
10,607 battles

this has been something I have hated and I don't believe its ever been addressed. how can you be spotted by airplanes and not see the air plane that is spotting you so that you me re position to get unspotted. plz explain this to me thx.

[PSP]
Members
6,037 posts
8,580 battles

Conceivably, you could have an air detect range of say 8km, while without any help, you cannot see scout planes at further away than 4km. If the scout plane is anywhere between 4 and 8km, you are perma spotted and have no idea where from =/

[RG]
Alpha Tester
13 posts
10,607 battles

I understand that just seems that is kinda [edited] and need to be fixed

[ARRGG]
Members
4,672 posts
7,498 battles
15 minutes ago, Birddog09 said:

this has been something I have hated and I don't believe its ever been addressed. how can you be spotted by airplanes and not see the air plane that is spotting you so that you me re position to get unspotted. plz explain this to me thx.

I’ve seen this myself , spotted by plane so I check the mini map no plane, look around no plane , it’s only happened a few times but it’s very  odd

[TMS]
Members
1,602 posts
21,584 battles

Plane concealment 6.5 - 8km roughly, so if your air detection is 10km or more then it can spot you without you spotting it and its stops giving away the relative position of the ship that the plane belongs to.

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,362 posts
7,930 battles

Unless I missed a change back -all aircraft are spotted 8 km from your own ship, or any other thing like other aircraft, unless you have help from another ship closer to them. Other than in a storm where they can't see you either unless they are right on top of you. So, other than a couple cruisers, and BB's that are spotted forever away anyway, Most ships otherwise, are spotted under 8 km from the air meaning that they will see the planes before the planes see them, especially DD's.

To which the handful of ships, which again, is mostly BB's that are easily spotted anyway, even IF they know where the planes are that are spotting them beyond 8 km out are, are never going to get unspotted by them anyway unless fighters or another ships AA chases them off. To which also the 8 km thing makes sense as the limit because aside from as I just said about BB's trying to move, which honestly there should be ships or other aircraft spotting/dealing with them, there are maybe 5 ships in the entire game that have an AA range over 7.2 km max, so, your AA is going to do nothing anyway. Not to mention 8 km(5 miles) away your trying to spot an aircraft, generally painted to loosely blend with the sky, at an altitude of between 10-20k feet, that's got a wingspan under 60 feet, assuming you can see at a angle that gives you the full side, or maybe 20-30 feet long from the side and a few feet high. Or from the front where the biggest, easiest to spot section is maybe 5 feet across. 

Members
2,156 posts
4,848 battles

warship = large chunk of metal floating in the ocean. easy to spot from the sky at 5 miles away.

plane = small speck in the clouds. very difficult to spot from even a couple miles.

they way they have it now is fine. just like a stealthy DD can spot you without giving away their position, it's just part of the game. some things are going to see you far before you see them.

[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,446 posts
6,319 battles
5 hours ago, Birddog09 said:

I understand that just seems that is kinda [edited] and need to be fixed

It was fixed into, now days you cannot see them. In days gone by, you could see planes, regardless of distance.

Members
3,403 posts
6,062 battles

It is exceedingly hard to see small objects in a vast open area.  In real life they could fly very high and many times not seen because of clouds - even if they are spotty clouds.