You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
WES_HoundDog

Can we End

14 comments in this topic

Members
434 posts
8,386 battles

Games ending when a team goes to 0 points?   Half of these games are ending this way  that's how pathetic it's gotten out there.   Everyone is losing credits and experience because of it.

• Boring 2
  • Bad 2

[OBS]
Members
1,243 posts
9,006 battles

It's the domino effect, plus the fact that the enemy team is stacked with R1 players and possibly OP divs at the same time.  Still, it beats the hell out of playing bots.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
3,842 posts
4,224 battles

Why? If a team loses that badly, then surely the enemy team is getting great credits and experience. And they deserve the win at that point.

Also, no, the staggering majority of games are won by a team reaching 1000 compared to the enemy team reaching 0. Sounds like you had the misfortune of being on a couple of bad teams recently, but don't conflate that into being "half of all matches." Trust me, it isn't.

But, hey, at least your Survival stat goes up.

Here's the counter-question: Should you be forced to keep playing on a team with 0 points and that is doomed to lose, or should you be granted the mercy of a quick back-to-port + no abandonment penalty? If your team reaches 0 points, that means that enough ships have died versus few to no kills on enemy ships that you are now heavily outnumbered and likely to lose in the next few minutes.

Edited by Carrier_Lexington
  • Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Members
3,774 posts
21 minutes ago, WES_HoundDog said:

Games ending when a team goes to 0 points?   Half of these games are ending this way  that's how pathetic it's gotten out there.   Everyone is losing credits and experience because of it.

That means the team lost all their points so no the game is over.

Sad Crying GIF - Sad Crying Spongebob GIFs

[ANZAC]
[ANZAC]
Members
599 posts
5,040 battles

If my team is playing so badly that we drop to 0 points I'd rather the match end quickly so that I can get back in ASAP with some fresh faces.

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Members
154 posts
10,600 battles

I think if your ship is Italian it should let you go over to the other team.   Oh wait....this isn’t a simulation.   

• Funny 1

[WAIFU]
Beta Testers
1,922 posts
3,548 battles
10 minutes ago, Carrier_Lexington said:

Why? If a team loses that badly, then surely the enemy team is getting great credits and experience. And they deserve the win at that point.

Also, no, the staggering majority of games are won by a team reaching 1000 compared to the enemy team reaching 0. Sounds like you had the misfortune of being on a couple of bad teams recently, but don't conflate that into being "half of all matches." Trust me, it isn't.

But, hey, at least your Survival stat goes up.

Here's the counter-question: Should you be forced to keep playing on a team with 0 points and that is doomed to lose, or should you be granted the mercy of a quick back-to-port + no abandonment penalty? If your team reaches 0 points, that means that enough ships have died versus few to no kills on enemy ships that you are now heavily outnumbered and likely to lose in the next few minutes.

all valid points... counter point: o lose exp on the winning side because im losing out of damage

[CAST]
Members
1,164 posts
7,195 battles

I don't like being on the winning or losing side of a game that the loser got zeroed out.  It usually means all the damage XP wasn't realized for even the winning team, so you do lose out on XP and other associated winnings.

[INTEL]
Members
8,441 posts
25,340 battles
54 minutes ago, Carrier_Lexington said:

They certainly deserve the win, but what happens is that many ships get very little damage at all and thus lower XP and credits. It would better if the mercy rule were removed.

This is especially true of PvE in which bots can go to zero really fast, and the the game can end with two or three bot ships still unkilled and several human players with little or even no damage to show. 

[WAIFU]
Beta Testers
1,922 posts
3,548 battles
Just now, Taichunger said:

They certainly deserve the win, but what happens is that many ships get very little damage at all and thus lower XP and credits. It would better if the mercy rule were removed.

This is especially true of PvE in which bots can go to zero really fast, and the the game can end with two or three bot ships still unkilled and several human players with little or even no damage to show. 

i disagree with it being removed entirely, but id like to see the remaining exp divided among the winners

• Cool 1

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles
53 minutes ago, HyperFish said:

If my team is playing so badly that we drop to 0 points I'd rather the match end quickly so that I can get back in ASAP with some fresh faces.

Pretty much this. Farm what you can and move on. 

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,783 posts
14,864 battles
1 hour ago, Carrier_Lexington said:

People don't want to eat their broccoli either, but mommy makes then do that, too.

• Cool 1

[WAIFU]
Beta Testers
1,922 posts
3,548 battles
2 minutes ago, Umikami said:

People don't want to eat their broccoli either, but mommy makes then do that, too.

ngl i do like broccoli 

Members
434 posts
8,386 battles

Too many times i'm one of the last standing in a good shoot out with the enemy when wham the game ends.  Or i'm in a close brawl with the remaining enemy ships and wham game ends.   I don't see the reasoning behind WGing cutting off the commonly most exciting part of the battle just so the stupids who killed themselves can get right back into a game.