You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
XxX_BlindSide_XxX

Turning Pink shouldn't mean a life sentence

26 comments in this topic

[KTFO]
Beta Testers
255 posts
5,737 battles

I turned pink for the first time in as long as I can remember today.  I freely admit it was 100% my fault.  I threw a torp spread in the heat of the moment that I shouldn't in a Shimakaze.   I rightfully turned pink after blapping one of our cruisers and received a two game penalty.  I thought two games isn't so bad. 

9 games later I was still pink...and I hadn't done a single point of damage to friendlies except when I would get rammed.  In 3 games I was griefed intentionally with people ramming me and in another game I accidentally scraped hulls with a teammate while dodging a broadside.  I found the only way to get out of being pink is to play a DD and get as far away from friendlies as I can to prevent hull scrapes.  A fellow DD rammed me...STILL pink.

WG I understand the need to turn people pink, I agree completely with needing a penalty for bad play or intentional griefing but I think you also need a threshold of damage in subsequent matches.  Bumps and scrapes happen in EVERY battle caused by giant ships with even bigger turning circles all trying to not get shot and turning erratically.  Hulls scrapes also often happen in DDs when you are simply trying to help by laying smoke. Create a threshold of say 100hps of total match friendly damage before triggering additional match penalties such as increasing the duration of the "pinkness".  Gaining an additional few games for doing 17 hps of rubbing damage is for the birds.

I turn pink but once in a blue moon on a leap year so it wasn't that huge a deal for me personally but its still an issue that should be addressed.  I often wondered why I would see pink players afk in matches.  It wasn't because they wanted to grief...it was because they were too afraid to move for fear another teammate touching them.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

Members
756 posts
15,482 battles
6 minutes ago, XxX_BlindSide_XxX said:

I turn pink but once in a blue moon on a leap year so it wasn't that huge a deal for me personally but its still an issue that should be addressed.  I often wondered why I would see pink players afk in matches.  It wasn't because they wanted to grief...it was because they were too afraid to move for fear another teammate touching them.

My plan when I turn pink is to move to the edge of the map and play as well as I can alone. It may cheat the team, but it's not my problem... the team can blame WG for their moronic coding.

• Bad 2

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,240 posts
8,815 battles
12 minutes ago, XxX_BlindSide_XxX said:

I turned pink for the first time in as long as I can remember today.  I freely admit it was 100% my fault.  I threw a torp spread in the heat of the moment that I shouldn't in a Shimakaze.   I rightfully turned pink after blapping one of our cruisers and received a two game penalty.  I thought two games isn't so bad. 

9 games later I was still pink...and I hadn't done a single point of damage to friendlies except when I would get rammed.  In 3 games I was griefed intentionally with people ramming me and in another game I accidentally scraped hulls with a teammate while dodging a broadside.  I found the only way to get out of being pink is to play a DD and get as far away from friendlies as I can to prevent hull scrapes.  A fellow DD rammed me...STILL pink.

WG I understand the need to turn people pink, I agree completely with needing a penalty for bad play or intentional griefing but I think you also need a threshold of damage in subsequent matches.  Bumps and scrapes happen in EVERY battle caused by giant ships with even bigger turning circles all trying to not get shot and turning erratically.  Hulls scrapes also often happen in DDs when you are simply trying to help by laying smoke. Create a threshold of say 100hps of total match friendly damage before triggering additional match penalties such as increasing the duration of the "pinkness".  Gaining an additional few games for doing 17 hps of rubbing damage is for the birds.

That does not sound right. I think you have the display bug going on. Log out of the game and restart the client and see if you are clear.

[KTFO]
Beta Testers
255 posts
5,737 battles
Just now, BrushWolf said:

That does not sound right. I think you have the display bug going on. Log out of the game and restart the client and see if you are clear.

Nope, no bug.  I kept getting messages each battle saying due to team damage I got a penalty blah blah blah.  What makes no sense is a division mate torped a friendly and went -1 while pink and HIS status went away after the match since it was his last one.

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,240 posts
8,815 battles
1 minute ago, XxX_BlindSide_XxX said:

Nope, no bug.  I kept getting messages each battle saying due to team damage I got a penalty blah blah blah.  What makes no sense is a division mate torped a friendly and went -1 while pink and HIS status went away after the match since it was his last one.

Did you restart? If you did and you didn't do substantial, more than a bit of paint, team damage you should start a support ticket.

Members
2,230 posts
6,194 battles

To avoid this, go play some low level Co-op and yolo.... it gets the job done of removing the pink stains quickly

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,240 posts
8,815 battles
2 minutes ago, 212thAttackBattalion said:

To avoid this, go play some low level Co-op and yolo.... it gets the job done of removing the pink stains quickly

It sounds like the OP cleared the pink but it is not showing as cleared. 

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,783 posts
14,864 battles
2 hours ago, XxX_BlindSide_XxX said:

9 games later I was still pink

2 hours ago, 212thAttackBattalion said:

To avoid this, go play some low level Co-op and yolo....

This. Get a tier 2 DD and go full out maniac, full speed ahead from the start, staying away from everyone on your own team, and making sure you do some damage before you eat it so the game counts

[77ARC]
Beta Testers
189 posts

The last time I went pink I managed to accumulate a considerable penalty and every time I had a hull touch the pink penalty was extended.

I finally pulled out my trusty St. Louis and went plinking from a safe distance until the pink went away.

I also realized that if you go pink again fairly soon after the first incident the penalty is substantially increased.

• Cool 1

[O7]
Members
4,921 posts
8,763 battles

It shouldn't mean a life sentence of what, being pink? There are no negative effects or penalties from being pink, other than you get blasted by x8 reflection damage for hurting allies.

Honestly they should just make team damage only do reflection damage regardless of colour. You hit an ally with a torp? You take the damage for it, not your ally. Still accomplishes the same thing, but you only hurt yourself for your own mistake.

[KTFO]
Beta Testers
255 posts
5,737 battles
1 minute ago, Pulicat said:

It shouldn't mean a life sentence of what, being pink? There are no negative effects or penalties from being pink, other than you get blasted by x8 reflection damage for hurting allies.

Honestly they should just make team damage only do reflection damage regardless of colour. You hit an ally with a torp? You take the damage for it, not your ally. Still accomplishes the same thing, but you only hurt yourself for your own mistake.

and the potential for being banned if it continues.. I know because I got a ban warning when I hadn''t done a single point of damage to friendlies apart from them colliding into me since turning pink but because I continued to renew my pink status thanks to it I got very close to a short ban.

[NAVY]
Members
999 posts
3,720 battles

I think you are experiencing a bug and need to submit a support ticket.

I've had division mates turn pink for accidental team damage and get that 2 game warning. During the 2-game pink warning period, whether it was intentional or accidental, another teammate would trade some paint with them, but it never extended their pink warning period. It was always worked off after 2 games.

So, just to check, I tried an experiment and killed a bot in a tier 3 co-op match near the end of the game when victory was at hand. Got a pink warning for 2 games. Next co-op game, rammed into a bot and it did not extend the number of games pink. Rammed into a bot during my 2nd co-op game with the pink penalty at the beginning and a couple of more times during the game, and it did not extend the pink warning period. After 2 games, my account was back to normal. Just rubbing paint does not seem to extend the pink warning.

[KTFO]
Beta Testers
255 posts
5,737 battles
10 minutes ago, daVinci761st said:

I've had division mates turn pink for accidental team damage and get that 2 game warning. During the 2-game pink warning period, whether it was intentional or accidental, another teammate would trade some paint with them, but it never extended their pink warning period. It was always worked off after 2 games.

So, just to check, I tried an experiment and killed a bot in a tier 3 co-op match near the end of the game when victory was at hand. Got a pink warning for 2 games. Next co-op game, rammed into a bot and it did not extend the number of games pink. Rammed into a bot during my 2nd co-op game with the pink penalty at the beginning and a couple of more times during the game, and it did not extend the pink warning period. After 2 games, my account was back to normal. Just rubbing paint does not seem to extend the pink warning.

If it was just me I may agree although does WG consider a BOT the same as a player?  That''s a question.  I DID log out and restart my game and was still pink.  Add to that the many other people that have said the same thing it is a bug that SHOULD be well documented.  Remember what it says in the warning.  You must have a game where you caused NO damage to friendly ships for it to count towards removing your pink status.

[NAVY]
Members
999 posts
3,720 battles
1 minute ago, XxX_BlindSide_XxX said:

If it was just me I may agree although does WG consider a BOT the same as a player?  That''s a question.  I DID log out and restart my game and was still pink.  Add to that the many other people that have said the same thing it is a bug that SHOULD be well documented.  Remember what it says in the warning.  You must have a game where you caused NO damage to friendly ships for it to count towards removing your pink status.

Aye. That's a good point and question, and it may have something to do with the amount of damage caused while rubbing paint. In my experiments, I did 5 points in one game and 7 points in another, which might not be enough to "count."

[O7]
Members
4,921 posts
8,763 battles
55 minutes ago, XxX_BlindSide_XxX said:

and the potential for being banned if it continues.. I know because I got a ban warning when I hadn''t done a single point of damage to friendlies apart from them colliding into me since turning pink but because I continued to renew my pink status thanks to it I got very close to a short ban.

Then stop continuing it.

[TOG]
Members
2,397 posts
14,660 battles

Have you tried getting rid of pink status in coop. you have to remember even bumping into somebody counts as damage.

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,240 posts
8,815 battles
On 6/21/2018 at 9:19 PM, Umikami said:

This. Get a tier 2 DD and go full out maniac, full speed ahead from the start, staying away from everyone on your own team, and making sure you do some damage before you eat it so the game counts

Better and safer would be a tier 1 or 2 cruiser. Stay clear of friendly ships and plink away at the reds while you charge in like you are reenacting the charge of the light brigade.

On 6/21/2018 at 9:34 PM, Dadrox said:

The last time I went pink I managed to accumulate a considerable penalty and every time I had a hull touch the pink penalty was extended.

I finally pulled out my trusty St. Louis and went plinking from a safe distance until the pink went away.

I also realized that if you go pink again fairly soon after the first incident the penalty is substantially increased.

^

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,783 posts
14,864 battles
4 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

Better and safer would be a tier 1 or 2 cruiser

Only reason I recommend a DD is it is fast enough, with speed boost, to outrun any team mates who want to bump you and cause your match not to count.

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,240 posts
8,815 battles
3 minutes ago, Umikami said:

Only reason I recommend a DD is it is fast enough, with speed boost, to outrun any team mates who want to bump you and cause your match not to count.

Makes sense but torpedoes make it a lot easier to do team damage particularly with how the bots clump up.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,783 posts
14,864 battles
10 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Makes sense but torpedoes make it a lot easier to do team damage particularly with how the bots clump up.

Yeah, that is very true ... but you don't have to fire them. Pink, as far as OP stated, was only 2 matches. Poor guy!

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,240 posts
8,815 battles
2 minutes ago, Umikami said:

Yeah, that is very true ... but you don't have to fire them. Pink, as far as OP stated, was only 2 matches. Poor guy!

Yeah but it is hard to fight the temptation to fire them.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,783 posts
14,864 battles
10 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Yeah but it is hard to fight the temptation to fire them.

But it's only for 2 games. But ... yeah!

Members
29 posts
325 battles
On 6/21/2018 at 9:20 PM, daVinci761st said:

Happened to me.

Turned pink and a team mate rammed my Kongo but chat message showed I get the penalty for ramming an allied ship.

[KOOKS]
Beta Testers
2,154 posts
4,965 battles

One thing I do disagree with but it is game mechanics... Ram damage counts as team damage and will not count towards games decreasing your clear the pink matches.  While pink, you have to avoid ramming people or people ramming you.  One sad thing I have seen is some people go after pink ships to ram them in order to 'teach them a lesson' or just to be jerks.