Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
landedkiller

Speculation for Pan Asian cruisers

11 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
1,291 posts
3,583 battles

Hi all just starting a speculation thread on Pan Asian cruisers since there is a forum section now. I have no idea on thhow ships as of yet, but I will speculate on the consumables. I suspect the torp do reload booster will return and we will get longer torps. What will be interesting is if the line get’s retreating smoke like Huanghe. If anyone wants to research ships that would be great. Just trying to get discussion going on in this section.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,841 battles
1 hour ago, landedkiller said:

I suspect the torp do reload booster will return and we will get longer torps.

On cruisers? That would be new.

Members
280 posts
9,280 battles
1 hour ago, Umikami said:

On cruisers? That would be new.

Huanghe has it, but no one chooses it because you have to give up hydro to get it...

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,841 battles
Just now, bigalow87 said:

Huanghe has it, but no one chooses it because you have to give up hydro to get it...

Honestly, I would too on a cruiser. You rarely dish out torps but DDs have no problems sharing theirs with you. Hydro rules!

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,012 posts
9,566 battles

My bet is that the line will have British ships for low tiers and have a mix of Russian and American ships for late tier.:fish_book:

[LRM]
Supertester
550 posts
5,050 battles

Part of the problem here is that most Pan Asian Countries focus their navies around Destroyers, Frigates, and Patrol Boats. More brown water, rather than blue water, operations. Still, I think there's enough for a full line.

Proposed Line could include:

Republic of China (China) Chao Ho (T2) - These would be gimmicky since they'd be undergunned, in terms of the number of mounts, but they'd be the only T2 Cruisers with torpedoes with a center-line dual mount.

Republic of China (China) Fei Hong (T3) - Again, gimmicky. They're basically slightly upgunned Chao Ho, adding an additional 152 mm gun in a single mount. Plus the torpedo tubes. The gimmick I'd give the Fei Hong is... it had the capacity for transporting and deploying up to 100 mines. Giving the Fei Hong the ability to deploy mines as a 2-3 use consumable would make up, some, for the lack of offensive firepower in other places.

HTMS (Thailand) Naresuan (T4) - These would be a bit gimmicky. They were originally designed by the Italians for the Thai Navy just before WWII and then the Italians appropriated them, so the Thai never got them. They were light on the armor and armaments (6x135 mm main guns in 3 double mounts). The torpedo tubes that the Italians removed from the super structure would HAVE to be put back in for sure. But, the gimmick would be AA. The Naresuan had pretty reasonable AA defense and it had a seaplane hanger. Giving it a slightly beefier Seaplane with the gimmick that the plane could be used as a fighter OR as a bomber (depending on upgrades) would make it very interesting to play but it's guns would be an underpowered nightmare. The buff would have to be a faster re-load and the meta a constant HE spam.

Republic of China (China) Ning Hai (T5) - 6x140 main guns, 2 seaplanes, 4 torpedo tubes in dual mounts one to a side.

Republic of China (Taiwan) Chung King (T6) - 6x152 main guns in dual turrets, a bit underpowered there. But, as you move through the upgrades you'd get beefier torpedoes and significant AA upgrades. Plus the optional Seaplane. Less gun power than the Leander at T6, but better torpedo damage and longer range torpedoes than what Leander gets could offset it. Paper armor though, since it started as an Arethusa-Class light cruiser.

INS (India) Mysore (T7) - Started life as a Fiji-Class Cruiser before the post-colonial Indian Government bought it. Would likely play very similarly.

KRI (Indonesia) Irian (T8) - That's a Sverdlov-Class cruiser that Indonesia bought from the Soviet Union. The Sverdlov is already in the game in the form of the Mikhail Kutuzov. Have to tweak it some, but then maybe they'd bring back the Kutuzov to the Premium Shop again.

T9 & T10 would have to be fictional ships, if the line was going to be completed.

I'd throw the Republic of China Yi Xian in there, but it would be just miserable to use given that it had only single 152 mm and single 140 mm guns as its mounts. There might be some novelty in such a ship at T2, maybe, just for being able to stay bow on and never have to turn broadside. The gun size would overmatch a lot of T2's. But, it would need a good RoF to offset only having 1 gun. Not 1 dual mount. 1 gun.

Chaoyong could be something at T2 or T3 as well. The gimmick would be the ludicrous size of the guns hat the Chaoyong carried. 2x254mm and 4x120 secondaries. That kind of firepower, at low tiers, would more than make up for the lower number of guns. Of course, it's top speed was also only 16 knots.

HMIS Delhi could also work, it was Leander class. It eventually became the INS Delhi (Indian).

If the Royal Netherlands Navy were included in a Pan Asian line, since the Dutch had a ton of colonies in the region, then Design 1047 could be included. It was basically a Dutch version of the Scharnhorst. But as a Battlecruiser. Would make a nice cap to the line at T10. Underpowered for a BB but acceptable for (essentially) a heavy cruiser. Including the Dutch would also open the door for HLNMS Java & HLNMS Tromp & HNLMS De Ruyter as premiums or ships in the line somewhere.

• Cool 3

[LRM]
Supertester
550 posts
5,050 battles
37 minutes ago, SeaKnight_1990 said:

IMHO Mysore would likely be Commonwealth, as India is in it.

Mysore could go either way. It served as a Commonwealth ship in the war, but the post-Colonial Indian government did buy it from the British, so it really could go in either line.

[BZERK]
Members
710 posts
3,079 battles
3 hours ago, DonKarnage2 said:

Mysore could go either way. It served as a Commonwealth ship in the war, but the post-Colonial Indian government did buy it from the British, so it really could go in either line.

So we could have the same ship but two skins of it...wonder how that'll go down.

[LRM]
Supertester
550 posts
5,050 battles

There would be other choices at that Tier, rather than Mysore in a Commonwealth line. It wouldn't have to be the Mysore there. In the Pan Asian line, though, I don't see a ton of other options.

[70]
Members
961 posts
3,691 battles
On 6/29/2018 at 9:09 PM, SeaKnight_1990 said:

So we could have the same ship but two skins of it...wonder how that'll go down.

Oh hey there Mogami/Ibuki!

Sign in to follow this