You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Florendo19

Service cost

28 comments in this topic

[RNDM]
Members
95 posts
2,614 battles

Why does it cost the same if my ship lives or dies to service her? I get ammo, general maintenance and paint and stuff but if my ship ends the match with hp in the green why does it cost the same as if she sunk. Its not like I'm doing nothing but hiding all game (as a dd I kind of am but I'm still contributing). I don't think this should be a thing. Players should be rewarded if they survive the match, especially with most of their hp intact.

[MKF]
Members
399 posts
14,829 battles
5 minutes ago, Florendo19 said:

Why does it cost the same if my ship lives or dies to service her? I get ammo, general maintenance and paint and stuff but if my ship ends the match with hp in the green why does it cost the same as if she sunk. Its not like I'm doing nothing but hiding all game (as a dd I kind of am but I'm still contributing). I don't think this should be a thing. Players should be rewarded if they survive the match, especially with most of their hp intact.

Because that's how it used to work and WG determined it led to more passive play as people tried to protect their repair fees. I definitely prefer the current system

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

This was the answer to Camping that went on when damage done was the cost you paid for. Damaged ships would runaway and hide till the battle ended to save money. The fix was to make the post battle  repair a flat rate regardless of damage received.

Edited by CLUCH_CARGO

[BBC]
Members
908 posts
12,243 battles

yep, its the cost and if you die you get more exp because you tanked more damage,  u will also get more exp becuase you will be in the fight not being useless saving hp.

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,879 battles

Because back in the day, people did not push. So now you have to pay service fees whether you win or not. They still in the back too. Just keep in mind, compared to WoT, it is hard to not have money in this game. Played WoT, no money to repair my Tier VI Tank. Played WoT, still got money to play my Tier VIII BB.

Edited by Vangm94

[HINON]
Supertester
18,920 posts
12,454 battles

Service fee is equal no matter how much damage you take, to encourage you to move up and get involved with the action, since doing so doesn't cost anything.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,159 posts
8,772 battles
31 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

This was the answer to Camping that went on when damage done was the cost you paid for. Damaged ships would runaway and hide till the battle ended to save money. The fix was to make the post battle  repair a flat rate regardless of damage received.

It didn't get rid of it completely but it did help. It was rather ridiculous before where you could make a small profit in a really terrible match because you survived in a loss but lose in rather good matches if you died. The current system was a big improvement.

[PVE]
Members
8,851 posts
7,257 battles
4 minutes ago, Vangm94 said:

Because back in the day, people did not push. So now you have to pay service fees whether you win or not. They still in the back too. Just keep in mind, compared to WoT, it is hard to not have money in this game. Played WoT, no money to repair my Tier VI Tank. Played WoT, still got money to play my Tier VIII BB.

You would be surprised at how many people, a half dozen patches after the change to a flat service fee, didn't know it had changed.

[WPP]
Members
455 posts
5,097 battles

It’s not a service cost despite that being what they call it.  It’s the cost to play that ship.  

[WOLF7]
Members
11 posts
2,792 battles

Hi guys, are service fees proportional to the ammunition and consumables used?  Do I save some credits by not needlessly using that final charge of the smoke generator on my Leander? 

[BIAS]
Members
3,047 posts
8,993 battles
1 minute ago, JackDrusus said:

Hi guys, are service fees proportional to the ammunition and consumables used?  Do I save some credits by not needlessly using that final charge of the smoke generator on my Leander? 

Premium consumables cost full price whether you used them or not. Ammunition costs are dependant on how much you shot. Each shot costs you credits, but not generally enough to write home about. 

• Cool 1

[RNDM]
Members
95 posts
2,614 battles

That seems fair. I still have games where I get caps, deal decent damage, we win and I survive but I still struggle to break even on cost. I can't really tank in a dd so at least a little tweak in service cost would be nice. They have the option to report players who run away so that should take care of that for the most part.

[SRBL]
Members
79 posts
3 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

Premium consumables cost full price whether you used them or not. Ammunition costs are dependant on how much you shot. Each shot costs you credits, but not generally enough to write home about. 

I guess I'll stop firing on those villages and pretending I'm softening up the beach on the Nùng River so we can surf.

• Funny 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,159 posts
8,772 battles
Just now, Florendo19 said:

That seems fair. I still have games where I get caps, deal decent damage, we win and I survive but I still struggle to break even on cost. I can't really tank in a dd so at least a little tweak in service cost would be nice. They have the option to report players who run away so that should take care of that for the most part.

Premium time makes a big difference here turning all but the worst performances into a profit except in tier 10 where the permanent camo is really helpful so that is something to consider.

[BIAS]
Members
3,047 posts
8,993 battles
3 minutes ago, Tom_Greg said:

I guess I'll stop firing on those villages and pretending I'm softening up the beach on the Nùng River so we can surf.

I've known about ammo costs, but it doesn't stop me from doing it.... Lol

[PVE]
Members
8,851 posts
7,257 battles
1 minute ago, Florendo19 said:

Take note of how much of each consumable that you are using. Do you really need the shorter cool down. For those that you don't need the premium for, just use the regular consumable to save 22,500 silver each. In my case, I was not using the planes enough, so I quit using the premium spotter/fighter planes.

[SRBL]
Members
79 posts
Just now, Ducky_shot said:

I've known about ammo costs, but it doesn't stop me from doing it.... Lol

It probably wont stop me either, it's got great 6' swells. 

[BIAS]
Members
3,047 posts
8,993 battles
1 minute ago, Kizarvexis said:

Take note of how much of each consumable that you are using. Do you really need the shorter cool down. For those that you don't need the premium for, just use the regular consumable to save 22,500 silver each. In my case, I was not using the planes enough, so I quit using the premium spotter/fighter planes.

It's so much the cool down for me, but the extra smoke, radar, repair, hydro. 

[PVE]
Members
8,851 posts
7,257 battles
Just now, Ducky_shot said:

It's so much the cool down for me, but the extra smoke, radar, repair, hydro. 

Do note though, do you use all of them on average? How many charges do you have left after battle on average? If you are not using all of the charges on a regular basis, can you get by with the regular consumable?

Do you need them at low tier? If you play some PvE to get used to the boat, or to grind out stock modules, skip the premium consumables in PvE as you rarely need all the charges as the PvE games are usually short.

If you are not on premium time with perma-camo to reduce service costs, you have to be more careful about the extras.

Also, does [RUST] have the service discount buildings? That's like running an extra -10% service cost flag.

Members
3,774 posts
1 hour ago, Florendo19 said:

They're the same cost if you live or die.  So as long as you do a decent amount of damage it will be fine.

[RUST]
Beta Testers
931 posts
10,345 battles
16 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Do note though, do you use all of them on average? How many charges do you have left after battle on average? If you are not using all of the charges on a regular basis, can you get by with the regular consumable?

You use premium consumable for the Cool down reduction, not so much the extra charge that it provides with the exception of repair parties and cases where stock consumable charge is exceptionally low like the 1 smoke charges on Kutuzhov.

[1CVDV]
Members
63 posts
2,736 battles
56 minutes ago, Florendo19 said:

Two words. Premium time. Oh perma camo. I bought perma camo on my one t10 and i NEVER pull less then 30k. And im talking i did 6k damage. Games where i break 150k damage i make ariund 300k. Its the best credit earner i have. 

Edited by dps_gunner

[BIAS]
Members
3,047 posts
8,993 battles
1 hour ago, Kizarvexis said:

Do you need them at low tier? If you play some PvE to get used to the boat, or to grind out stock modules, skip the premium consumables in PvE as you rarely need all the charges as the PvE games are usually short.

If you are not on premium time with perma-camo to reduce service costs, you have to be more careful about the extras.

Also, does [RUST] have the service discount buildings? That's like running an extra -10% service cost flag.

I play PVP and try to be alive at the end, typically use them all. Plus you play differently knowing you have them as well. I'll take more damage in a BB knowing I have that extra heal. I typically can't be bothered to remove and replace the premium consumables the few times I go to Co-op to fulfill a mission.

Yeah, we were among probably the first 5 clans to have a fully upgraded base. So we've been running all the buildings for a good bit now.

Edited by Ducky_shot

[PVE]
Members
8,851 posts
7,257 battles
11 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

I play PVP and try to be alive at the end, typically use them all. Plus you play differently knowing you have them as well. I'll take more damage in a BB knowing I have that extra heal. I typically can't be bothered to remove and replace the premium consumables the few times I go to Co-op to fulfill a mission.

Yeah, we were among probably the first 5 clans to have a fully upgraded base. So we've been running all the buildings for a good bit now.

:Smile_honoring:

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,775 posts
12,884 battles

If your play style nets you a positive credit, that's nigh nirvana.  I play any ship...any tier...and fully equip with Premium (paying with credits not doubloons).  i waste ammo as if the supply is endless, including softening up land masses when there is nothing better to shoot or firing random long range shots into starting positions at beginning of game.   I grind one or two ships at a time, and buy them when research is complete, and fit them out as modules are researched.  Service costs...meh.

I have half a billion credits banked...and it just keeps getting bigger.  Granted, the balance drops here and there when I buy a ship, especially a T10 and fit it out.  And I'll have a game here and there where it's net negative.  But in the long haul...it just moves ever upward.

It's like being super rich.  You don't even need to think about money.  Just do your thing.  Premium consumables.  Service costs.  Even big ticket items like T10 ships, with all the goodies.  The bill gets paid.  You don't even notice.  

Edited by Soshi_Sone